Dr.Dre Beats Tour
Oct 15, 2009 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

keezzzz

100+ Head-Fier
Picked up a set of Monster Beats Tour by Dr.Dre.
Sounds out of the box MUCH better then my Q-Jays.
Q-Jays is i.m.o waste of money, my UE superfi 5 sounds better than the jays, but the Beats Tour are awesome , my music is most classical and jazz, they sound great with this.

Oct 15, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #2 of 23
This should be posted/moved to the "Portable Headphones" section, not "Headphones (full size)". Glad you like how they sound, though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #5 of 23
yawn

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #10 of 23
Nothing is wrong with classical music, of course. It's just that Beats headphones are not exactly the best match for it. They are better configured to handle bottom-heavy rock and especially hip-hop, R&B, and many forms of electronic music. For classical, let me see... the AKG 701/702 would be a great contender, if properly amped. Higher-end Grados like the RS series also do a pretty amazing job, I've read.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing is wrong with classical music, of course. It's just that Beats headphones are not exactly the best match for it. They are better configured to handle bottom-heavy rock and especially hip-hop, R&B, and many forms of electronic music. For classical, let me see... the AKG 701/702 would be a great contender, if properly amped. Higher-end Grados like the RS series also do a pretty amazing job, I've read.
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree with this post.

Although I'm not a big fan of electronic or hip-hop, I have to say that I've heard much better sound on less costly headphones for those genres before.

Haven't had a chance to listen to classical out of a Beats before, but I wouldn't expect much for details and a fluid sound. To each his own, but I'd suggest going to a local meet and trying out some of the previously mentioned headphones in the posts above.

Jul 24, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #14 of 23
LOL I tend to agree that Beats are pretty overpriced due to them being a fashion item, there are MUCH better IEMs out there.

ksc75smile.gif

Jul 24, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #15 of 23
Dre tour is pretty decent IEM but it just keep falling out of my ears no matter what tips i tried, so i returned it the next day. Don't know if it were my ears or the odd design of the tour. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back