Dr.Dre Beats: Decent or complete rip-off?
Jan 11, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #16 of 32
Of all of the "trendy" headphones at the Apple Store I just went to, I liked the new Klipsch ones most.

Jan 11, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #17 of 32

Quote:
a cable entirely made of gold!!!
eek.gif
 I think you are dreaming, have you notice how expensive gold is today?
Anyway, only the connecter are gold plated because aluminium will oxidize when in contact with metal. The wire are made of copper, and the high quality cable are the oxygen free copper cables and even then there are grades within the OFC cables.

Quote:

A somewhat related question: Does the use of gold actually make a difference in sound quality? I know it's used in a lot of audio cables but is it more noticeable than say tin?

Um. I am fully aware that the entire cable is not gold... 
rolleyes.gif

I know the 3.5mm jack is gold plated and sometimes they use gold in other aspects of audio wiring because of its ability to  minimize signal change but I was wondering if it was actually worth it or if it was just a marketing ploy.

Mar 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #23 of 32

Quote:
sh... we just like talking... <_< ... >_>

Nein! No talking in ze old threads!
-cracks whip-

Quote:
You could wait for the V-Moda M-100's to come out. They're to be around $300, with a design like the Crossfade's but sound more like the M-80s.

How do you know the M-100 will sound more like the M-80?

Mar 5, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #26 of 32
Have you considered the Sennheiser HD 419? I think they look cool like how to Beat by dre look cool.

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #28 of 32
You should tell that to evanhashim he did bump it.
Quote:
It's been over a year now guys . . . he PROBABLY already decided on a pair of headphones!
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back