Douk Audio U2 Pro DDC - Poorman DDC for an affordable & clean digital signal
Feb 24, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #541 of 583
Feb 25, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #543 of 583
Tôi đã mua phiên bản tiêu chuẩn của sản phẩm này vài tuần trước và phải nói rằng mức tăng của SQ rất xứng đáng với số tiền £59 mà tôi đã trả cho nó. Nó được mua để tôi có thể sử dụng đầu ra USB từ nút bluesound vì đầu vào USB trên audiolab m-dac của tôi không hoạt động bình thường, nó bật lên và nhấp nháy và trở nên hoàn toàn không ổn định.
Vì vậy, tôi đã sử dụng cáp đồng trục để kết nối chúng và nghe có vẻ ổn, rất dễ nghe nhưng không có gì đặc biệt. Cuối năm ngoái, tôi đã mua một chiếc ifi spidf ipurifier 2 và một chiếc ipower x để biết liệu có thể cải thiện được không, vâng và rất vui. Đó là một trong những cải tiến giúp bạn xem qua các album yêu thích của mình và hiểu rõ hơn về bản ghi âm.
Vì vậy, tôi đi đến kết luận rằng đầu ra của các nút bluesound có thể được cải thiện bằng cách điều chỉnh lại đồng hồ. Bằng cách thêm douk audio u2 pro, nó đã lấy đi mọi thứ mà ifi spdif ipurifier 2 đã thêm vào và nâng nó lên một vài bậc.
Kinda of blue by Miles Davis có nhiều không gian, sự ngọt ngào và trong trẻo hơn những gì tôi muốn mô tả. Nó thực sự giống như mua một chiếc dac mới.
Chuỗi này là đầu ra usb của nút bluesound, sau đó là jitterbug, douk u2 pro, ifi spdif ipurifier 2 đến audiolab m-dac.
What is the difference between u2p with and without jitterbug?

Feb 25, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #544 of 583
What I want to ask is that if Jitterbug improves Gaia's SQ a little, will it also improve u2p's SQ?
Most likely yes. I'm not that familiar with it, from a quick google sounds like it uses some sort of noise and data filtration - maybe noise cancellation - so can be used in a spare USB port in parallel to the USB audio output. Different approach to isolation devices we've been suggesting. Try it and see, if it was me I'd try the latest gen Hifime rather than a device from 2016.

Mar 3, 2024 at 2:56 AM Post #546 of 583
Hi, this is a long shot but I am looking to buy a Douk U2 Pro Femto Clock version, preferably with a psu and coaxial cable, any anyone is selling one feel free to send me a pm, thanks! I want to get a DDC for my Ares II and this seems like good value.

Mar 3, 2024 at 6:32 AM Post #547 of 583
Hi, this is a long shot but I am looking to buy a Douk U2 Pro Femto Clock version, preferably with a psu and coaxial cable, any anyone is selling one feel free to send me a pm, thanks! I want to get a DDC for my Ares II and this seems like good value.
Ares 2 has no isolated inputs, so one of these new generation USB 2.0 isolators discussed on the previous page should be added first. According to the principle to "deal with a noise at a source".

If you can afford $69 now, get this version, you can add LPS later and give us a feedback. Adding U2Pro in between is still possible.

Mar 3, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #548 of 583
Ares 2 has no isolated inputs, so one of these new generation USB 2.0 isolators discussed on the previous page should be added first. According to the principle to "deal with a noise at a source".

If you can afford $69 now, get this version, you can add LPS later and give us a feedback. Adding U2Pro in between is still possible.
Thanks for your reply, do you mean getting a cheap usb isolator plus the base model of the U2 pro would be a better alternative? I saw some ADUM3160 usb isolators for cheap and the base model of u2 pro is on sale as well. LPS wise I think I will use the stock power cable for now and see if it makes any difference.

Mar 3, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #549 of 583
Thanks for your reply, do you mean getting a cheap usb isolator plus the base model of the U2 pro would be a better alternative? I saw some ADUM3160 usb isolators for cheap and the base model of u2 pro is on sale as well. LPS wise I think I will use the stock power cable for now and see if it makes any difference.
Not. I suggested getting isolator for $69 (scroll back, it wasn't my post) that use the latest chip. It seems well made, coming with metal enclosure and socket for an external PSU. This is all you need.

Forget cheap isolators based on 3160 chip. You need UAC 2.0 compatible one for asynchronous data transfers at high speed.

As for U2Pro, hold on till you see results. These new generation of chips could be game changers. Ares use quite good oscilator, feeding Ares with standard oscilators could lead to a downgrade.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 12:26 AM Post #550 of 583
Ok this is funny, I totally forgot I got this guy late last year... USB 3.0, compact metal case, independent DC/USB power input..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005039554997.html

Not sure what chip it uses but IIRC I came across it after searching for a cheaper alternative to the Topping HS02.

And more importantly it is very effective, when used in series with the Holo Titanis the two perform on another level.

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:59 AM Post #551 of 583
Ok this is funny, I totally forgot I got this guy late last year... USB 3.0, compact metal case, independent DC/USB power input..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005039554997.html

Not sure what chip it uses but IIRC I came across it after searching for a cheaper alternative to the Topping HS02.

And more importantly it is very effective, when used in series with the Holo Titanis the two perform on another level.
A class of "USB power filters", a passive device. Works the best redirecting ground loops with external LPS. Equivalent of iFi iDefender 3.0, always recomended in the original form, didn't try copies, as there is no effect on my Audio GD R2R-11. Plenty offers, price for a single dongle below $10. A transparent enclosure version reveals what is inside: a common mode torroid choke plus two capacitors.

It doesn't help much for DAC's which do not draw USB power, i.e. from Audio GD, but in most cases is useful, even if a DAC has isolated ports. Use: It should be plugged directly to the USB host (PC - no cable). Other devices (if any) must be attached downstream, including isolators.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 6:38 AM Post #553 of 583
Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #554 of 583

@Jake2 @sajunky What do you think about mounting the UpTone Audio ISO REGEN in front of the u2pro femto cchd-957? Thank

I'm not too familiar with it sorry other than it has been out for a while, released 2017 I think. Unless you could get a very good deal on it I'd be inclined to get a sub-$100 (maybe $150 at a stretch) USB isolator /regenerator to pair with the u2Pro, otherwise risking getting into overcapitalisation territory cost wise. Once you're talking $300+ combined you could potentially pick up a second hand U18 or maybe DI-20 for not a lot more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back