Double Helix Cables Thread
Jun 10, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #1,366 of 2,056
Hi @scootermafia,
I saw there is a new cable, the Clone Fusion, right now, what is it the waiting time if I order one this week?

thanks
Ship times are always listed on the DHC storefront page.

Jun 10, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #1,367 of 2,056
I am looking for a iem cable focused on high and mid range,vocal and with more treble sparkle and transparency.
I also hope that the bass could be reduced a bit and be tighter and faster, is SP V3 4-wire my best choice?

Jun 10, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #1,368 of 2,056
Also, I know the feeling of impatience, I wouldn't order from me :)
Amazon Prime Now or bust. And where I live, I don't even get access to the 1-hour delivery window, i have to wait 2 hours.

I just put in for a GTC custom knife and I'm probably going to be waiting a year for it, but the Commando is probably the craziest knife of 2018....

I'm very happy with my Elite19, especially coupled with CIEMs which probably helps the heavier cable not pull them out of the socket. I wanted endgame performance for my trans/portable rig and got it. When I'm on the go and use the Elite19, UE18+es, and a Hugo 2, I don't feel like I'm missing much (if anything) from my home rig that's a DAVE, Mjolnir Carbon CC, and SR-009s.

I'm unsure if cables matter much in electrostats, and the fact that Stax cables are wired requiring retermination, but if DHC offered that service, I'd probably buy an electrostat cable from you assuming electrostatic technology would benefit from a better cable.

Jun 10, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #1,369 of 2,056
I am looking for a iem cable focused on high and mid range,vocal and with more treble sparkle and transparency.
I also hope that the bass could be reduced a bit and be tighter and faster, is SP V3 4-wire my best choice?

I generally don't see the different cables as offering specific changes to specific parts of the sound; it's more of an overall improvement with increasing budget. You've made the correct choice, though.

Jun 10, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #1,370 of 2,056
I'm very happy with my Elite19, especially coupled with CIEMs which probably helps the heavier cable not pull them out of the socket. I wanted endgame performance for my trans/portable rig and got it. When I'm on the go and use the Elite19, UE18+es, and a Hugo 2, I don't feel like I'm missing much (if anything) from my home rig that's a DAVE, Mjolnir Carbon CC, and SR-009s.

I'm unsure if cables matter much in electrostats, and the fact that Stax cables are wired requiring retermination, but if DHC offered that service, I'd probably buy an electrostat cable from you assuming electrostatic technology would benefit from a better cable.

Mrspeakers just sent me connectors so I can play around with my Voces. Everything is backwards with electrostats, they like thinner wire, not thicker, also no braiding of the wires; they like minimum capacitance. The signal is all voltage and not much current.
No Stax surgery for us, sorry.

Jun 11, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #1,372 of 2,056
@scootermafia Peter, I would love to hear your thoughts on differences between the new Clone Fusion and Elite 19 Fusion.

Thanks!
Elite19 has “more” of the good stuff but it’s vastly less ergonomic.

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #1,373 of 2,056

My first experience with expensive, non-ergonomic IEM cables was Tralucent Audio's uBer v1 cable that had a solid core (which I still have for sale, BTW). For the 1Plus2 and Ref1.Too IEMs they were paired with, there was a noticeable decrease in sibilance, especially with the 1Plus2s.

Anyhow, I mention this, because the cable was a liability to use as it was solid cores (no kinking, put it up very carefully, etc.) and it was microphonic (all as previously stated by other people), so when it came back to a cable like the 19 that was thicker, but not as fragile, it wasn't a big deal for me. It's a matter of perspective, however.

Like I say, I wouldn't wear it exercising or running and if I were to do so, I'd probably just use a much cheaper IEM/cable combo for that activity anyhow.

Jun 12, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #1,374 of 2,056

My first experience with expensive, non-ergonomic IEM cables was Tralucent Audio's uBer v1 cable that had a solid core (which I still have for sale, BTW). For the 1Plus2 and Ref1.Too IEMs they were paired with, there was a noticeable decrease in sibilance, especially with the 1Plus2s.

Anyhow, I mention this, because the cable was a liability to use as it was solid cores (no kinking, put it up very carefully, etc.) and it was microphonic (all as previously stated by other people), so when it came back to a cable like the 19 that was thicker, but not as fragile, it wasn't a big deal for me. It's a matter of perspective, however.

Like I say, I wouldn't wear it exercising or running and if I were to do so, I'd probably just use a much cheaper IEM/cable combo for that activity anyhow.

Thanks, both. I have also come to cherish ergonomics even if it means sacrificing some sound quality, especially since I mostly listen to music on the go. It's like what they say about cameras - the best camera is the one you have with you. So likewise, a cable that is flexible and can take the rough and tough would be my weapon of choice.

That clone fusion is a thing of beauty.

Jun 14, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #1,375 of 2,056
Thanks, both. I have also come to cherish ergonomics even if it means sacrificing some sound quality, especially since I mostly listen to music on the go. It's like what they say about cameras - the best camera is the one you have with you. So likewise, a cable that is flexible and can take the rough and tough would be my weapon of choice.

That clone fusion is a thing of beauty.
I spend most of my time telling people not to buy Elite19.

Jun 16, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #1,376 of 2,056
Jun 16, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #1,377 of 2,056
BF08A32A-BEB9-4596-AAE4-8A5791ACFC6D.jpeg

I spend most of my time telling people not to buy Elite19.

I dunno, like I say, I’m not performing extreme sports in the 19s, but as supple as they are and beyond the splitter become half as big, I think its worth it!

Jun 16, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #1,378 of 2,056
Nice cables

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #1,379 of 2,056

Users who are viewing this thread

Back