Double Helix Cables Thread
Sep 7, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #1,396 of 2,056
Anyone interested in a Prion4 for Audeze? I’m likely going to put mine up for sale to free up some funds for an amp upgrade.
Anyone interested in a Prion4 for Audeze? I’m likely going to put mine up for sale to free up some funds for an amp upgrade.
Plz send me a PM. Thanks.

Sep 22, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #1,397 of 2,056
Currently I'm into my 16th week of waiting for my cables to complete the "tune-up" service. Website still puts my order as processing and no change. Sent an email in to enquire about the status a couple of days ago, but there's no reply.

Sep 22, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #1,398 of 2,056
Currently I'm into my 16th week of waiting for my cables to complete the "tune-up" service. Website still puts my order as processing and no change. Sent an email in to enquire about the status a couple of days ago, but there's no reply.
Yep. Similar here. Sent mine in for repair because one of the connector housings pulled away from the connector. Sent in about 8 weeks ago. Haven't been able to get even a response as to whether they received it or not.

About a week after, I ordered a pre-made adapter that's listed on the site as "ships immediately". Seven eeeks later... nothing. No response about either order.

I can't imagine the recent "guarantee" of being able to cancel your order if you get tired of waiting even means anything. Who knows when you'd get your money back.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #1,399 of 2,056
Yep. Similar here. Sent mine in for repair because one of the connector housings pulled away from the connector. Sent in about 8 weeks ago. Haven't been able to get even a response as to whether they received it or not.

About a week after, I ordered a pre-made adapter that's listed on the site as "ships immediately". Seven eeeks later... nothing. No response about either order.

I can't imagine the recent "guarantee" of being able to cancel your order if you get tired of waiting even means anything. Who knows when you'd get your money back.
And yet you guys still place order, if you are stop whining

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #1,400 of 2,056
Ever since the 10th week mark has passed, I would occasionally send in emails to check on the status, and he would always tell me it will ship at the end of the week. It's worrying that the 8-10 weeks waiting time is not met and has almost doubled and also 1 week no replies from him, which gives me the feels that he ran away with my cables and money.

Sep 23, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #1,401 of 2,056
Very sorry for the fails guys. I'm still here, but last month got more backed up from a wrist sprain that slowed me down a lot and took forever to improve at all (literally fell walking up my driveway carrying a toddler, at least my kid was fine, while I got a wrist & ankle sprain and the kiddo jumped off me onto the lawn). I put the refund policy front & center on the main store page -- if you're waiting patiently I really appreciate it but you definitely don't have to. If I miss an email resend it, I'm going through to look for emails I missed. Cables are our one and only job so we're in it for the long haul, we don't want to take anyone's money or hold onto it against their wishes.

Side note, CBD oil works pretty well for joint injuries, and it's legal around the world, and has no side effects. It took about 3 weeks to do anything, but if I don't take it, the wrist gets unusable again, so I know it's doing something.

Sep 24, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #1,402 of 2,056
Very sorry for the fails guys. I'm still here, but last month got more backed up from a wrist sprain that slowed me down a lot and took forever to improve at all (literally fell walking up my driveway carrying a toddler, at least my kid was fine, while I got a wrist & ankle sprain and the kiddo jumped off me onto the lawn). I put the refund policy front & center on the main store page -- if you're waiting patiently I really appreciate it but you definitely don't have to. If I miss an email resend it, I'm going through to look for emails I missed. Cables are our one and only job so we're in it for the long haul, we don't want to take anyone's money or hold onto it against their wishes.

Side note, CBD oil works pretty well for joint injuries, and it's legal around the world, and has no side effects. It took about 3 weeks to do anything, but if I don't take it, the wrist gets unusable again, so I know it's doing something.
Glad that you and your kid are fine. Thanks for the updates and clarifications. Hope you get better!

Sep 26, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #1,403 of 2,056
Cables are our one and only job so we're in it for the long haul

If that's the case, what action(s) have been taken behind the scenes to improve order fulfillment and customer communication? Given the increase of complaints throughout the year in this thread I would have thought by now things would have improved. Or at least the customer service / communication side of things.

Sep 28, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #1,404 of 2,056

Update: Just got my Silver Litz IEM cable back from repair. Looks like the housing that had pulled away is repaired, along with possibly new MMCX connectors and/or strain relief jacket on both left and right MMCX (I only paid for one I think).

Also got 2 adapters... which I ordered one, so got another thrown in for free I guess. Along with what appears to be a nice, new, larger leather type carrying pouch (again, for free, since I didn't order it).

So all my orders are complete, within about 8 weeks. Seems very good service time to me, considering the cable repair is much lower cost compared to buying a new one... so not nearly the profit margin for repair I don't imagine. Plus a couple freebies thrown in!

I'm just extremely glad to have my cable back repaired! Definitely sounds so much better than any other IEM cable I have. I missed it!

Thanks DHC!

Now I gotta see what other cable I might need to order from 'em. :ksc75smile:

Happy customer.

Oct 10, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #1,405 of 2,056
Does anyone have experience with the DHC clone fusion cable pairing with u18 tzar? Been fishing for this knowledge all over. Seems like an interesting combo, but no one seems to know yet...

Oct 10, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #1,407 of 2,056
Oh, super -- head fi to the rescue! I'll remind you as the weekend dawns.

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #1,408 of 2,056
If you remind me in a day or two I can hook them up and see how they are. Just now it's a little too late and I need to get up early.

Hey WayneWoondirts -- so how is that u18 DHC clone fusion combo sounding? My reference points at the u18 with janus dynamic (effect audio) and Reference 8 (ALO).

Any impressions are much appreciated

Oct 13, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #1,409 of 2,056
Hey WayneWoondirts -- so how is that u18 DHC clone fusion combo sounding? My reference points at the u18 with janus dynamic (effect audio) and Reference 8 (ALO).

Thanks for reminding, I'll get to it tonight. Got a family thing to attend to.

Can't really speak about the Janus or Ref8 though. Don't have them.

Oct 13, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #1,410 of 2,056

Just my two cents I couldn’t tell the difference between alo ref 8 and stock shure 846 cable. Have had fusion and v3 litz on 846 and encore liked them better. Both 8 braid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back