Double Helix Cables Thread
Feb 21, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #1,322 of 2,056
the issue isn’t the slow communication prior to making the order, it wasn’t perfect but it was fine.

The problem is the absolute none communication after the money was paid.

Is like Peter basically said **** it. I already got your money. You will get your stuff when I feel like making them.

Btw. Peter refunded the money in an hour the PayPal claim was made...... so he’s definitely reading his email

Here is hoping I can at least get my cable back

Feb 21, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #1,323 of 2,056
I've attempted 3 purchases with DHC, 1 that went successfully and is for sale here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-...ikonn-single-ended-adaptor-occ-silver.868224/, another UltraShort that I cancelled because they missed their shipping deadline, and on 12/18/2017, I dropped $1500+ on their Symbiote Elite 19 and a DHC adaptor to go from balanced to single.

9 weeks in, not a single order confirmation (other than PayPal), they didn't respond to a status email I requested on 1/11/2018, and no other updates along the way.

Yesterday, I opened up a PayPal dispute and sent yet another message to doublehelixcables@gmail.com and got a response that said this:

Double Helix
10:01 PM (23 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Should be done next week. You’ll get a notice when it ships out.

Sent from my iPhone
For $1500+, I expect them to hit their 4-6 week manufacturing deadline listed on the product page, AND confirm my order with a transactional email, and keep me in the loop if there are delays, instead of just taking my money and sitting on it for !9! weeks. On top of that, I expect a little more customer service and personality, when they finally do see fit to respond.

I don't really want to get into fisticuffs with people who want or feel the need to defend DHC, I just want to put my experiences out there for people considering dealing with DHC and potentially what you may run into. While this isn't the most expensive cable they make, it's pretty damn expensive, so I'm not bitching about a $25 dollar transaction here.

Yes, their products are very fine, however, if they can't ship them on time and/or inform the buyer (who shelled out $1500 up front months ago) in the loop, then it isn't much of great deal.

I don't know what it is with boutique cable companies (shout out to banned from Head-Fi Brad at Revelation Audio Labs here, too) for being flaky as hell.
cleardot.gif

Feb 25, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #1,324 of 2,056
20180225_152355.jpg

Here's my Symbiote SP for JH Sirens that arrived in the mail last week. The order was placed in late November, so it took 3 months which is much faster than I expected. Peter was quick to respond and ship them after my first follow up email.

My previous orders from DHC took 6+ months to ship after multiple follow-ups, so I consider myself fortunate this time. You kind of never know what to expect.

Anyway, since he's the only one who carries these awesome custom metal connectors for the JH Sirens, I had no other choice and I had to have them no matter how long the wait.

Feb 25, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #1,325 of 2,056
The problem is not knowing what to expect; It's just poor customer service and, collectively as consumers, if we continue to put up with it, things won't ever change. My problem with not being kept abreast of where my order stands, is that I don't know if they're really busy or just don't give a damn. I mean they've had my money in the bank since day 1 of the order.

As you can see, I'm assuming the latter. Meanwhile the CIEMs I bought at the same time, and at a similar price point as the Symbiote 19, were delivered a month ago. I known apples to oranges, but it still is something to consider...

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #1,326 of 2,056
I'm quoting and replying to myself.

I spoke with Double Helix today and made my case and I was heard. I don't know if that will change anything for anyone else, but I am satisfied with the conversation that took place.

I wanted to be fair and let other people know that I was able to work out a suitable resolution for myself and am looking forward to my cable arriving soon.

I've attempted 3 purchases with DHC, 1 that went successfully and is for sale here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-...ikonn-single-ended-adaptor-occ-silver.868224/, another UltraShort that I cancelled because they missed their shipping deadline, and on 12/18/2017, I dropped $1500+ on their Symbiote Elite 19 and a DHC adaptor to go from balanced to single.

9 weeks in, not a single order confirmation (other than PayPal), they didn't respond to a status email I requested on 1/11/2018, and no other updates along the way.

Yesterday, I opened up a PayPal dispute and sent yet another message to doublehelixcables@gmail.com and got a response that said this:

Double Helix
10:01 PM (23 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Should be done next week. You’ll get a notice when it ships out.

Sent from my iPhone
For $1500+, I expect them to hit their 4-6 week manufacturing deadline listed on the product page, AND confirm my order with a transactional email, and keep me in the loop if there are delays, instead of just taking my money and sitting on it for !9! weeks. On top of that, I expect a little more customer service and personality, when they finally do see fit to respond.

I don't really want to get into fisticuffs with people who want or feel the need to defend DHC, I just want to put my experiences out there for people considering dealing with DHC and potentially what you may run into. While this isn't the most expensive cable they make, it's pretty damn expensive, so I'm not bitching about a $25 dollar transaction here.

Yes, their products are very fine, however, if they can't ship them on time and/or inform the buyer (who shelled out $1500 up front months ago) in the loop, then it isn't much of great deal.

I don't know what it is with boutique cable companies (shout out to banned from Head-Fi Brad at Revelation Audio Labs here, too) for being flaky as hell.
cleardot.gif

Feb 28, 2018 at 4:01 AM Post #1,327 of 2,056
well, I was finally able to get hold of Peter through email as well, I guess being vocal about the problem did something and worked out the problem.

Hopefully Peter can continue the trend for current and future customers.

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #1,329 of 2,056
Hi All,

I'm trying to sell my Prion Spore4 USB and XLR Interconnects on the forum. Any ideas for where else I should list them for a quick sale?

Thanks
Outside of the classifieds here, I can only think of Audiogon and Ebay.

Apr 21, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #1,332 of 2,056
Superphonica on computeraudiophile.com

May 22, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #1,335 of 2,056
I was thinking of ordering from DHC, but looking at the comments with emails getting un-replied is a little unnerving.
Yeah, it takes a long time and communication is sparse. You run into that with a lot of the boutique cable companies, but DHC can take months to complete an order. If you are not a patient person, you might want to look elsewhere. On the flip side, their cables are really top notch and beautifully done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back