Double Helix Cables Thread
Nov 7, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #571 of 2,056

MIKE:

Glad to know you have the Headphone  Transducer. With all your many systems, you are the ideal person to put it to a comprehensive test. I think we may even see a smile on Warren's face when he gives the Transducer a listen.

Your photos do a  good job of showing the transducer's size, and I am sure  they are the first to be published on the internet (does Mike Mercer ever sleep?). Your equipment pictures remind me of how far our hobby-passion has come since my first CanJam at the LA airport hotel in 2009.

I got my HOT today, and I am testing it out!  I have several DHC cables to use with it, as well as my LCD 2F and Alpha Dogs.  I haven't formed any opinions yet as to the sound.  I am using it with my LCD 2F and DHC Molecule Extreme at the moment.  All of my DHC cables are SE, and I have seven of them, so it will take some time to decide if I really like what I am hearing.  Seems like the sound resembles crossfeed, which I can turn off in my jRiver Media Center!  My ears don't really know what to listen for with the HOT, such a new product!

I returned the HOT for refund.  I use jPlay with jRiver Media Center, and I found that with jPlay 5.2.1 upgrade that jPlay exceeds the results that I was getting with the HOT.  This new version of jPlay is quite an upgrade from the previous 5.2, I'm blown away, more open, more detailed, more refined, bigger soundstage!

Nov 8, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #573 of 2,056
Nov 11, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #574 of 2,056
Peter:

I am so grateful we crossed paths brother.
NO BS.

I think Peter is doing some of the finest work in headphone cables today.
AND - I finally got a set of XLR interconnects from the man - so those are
going on my LAu tonight!!

But - in the meantime, I have to say that anybody who's heard the MAGIC synergy of DHC's Comp4 cables and Audeze cans - and those who HAVEN'T: Peters really nailed down something here that's beyond the high-end cable guys I most admire - like Nordost for example..

I only had the Comp4 cables in dual-XLR for my LAu - but recently got a Woo WA7 Fireflies (I know, late to that party - but I'm damn glad I decided to check it out) so I needed an SE version (single-ended) so Peter whipped up a Comp4 for Audeze w/ 1/4" termination.

HOLY F_____________!

This has been sounding so good I haven't gone back to my office/Sonic Satori Personal Audio Lab for days.
Well - last week was really HEAVY too, w/ my 40th Bday and the passing of Harry Pearson, my mentor and dear friend, and a Godfather to the Hi-fi industry really... 

But Peter - even the cable you made for my Beats Solo2s (yup, @HiFiGuy528 and @Tyll Hertsens told me to check em out, and they ain't bad) transforms the headphones! I'm not ashamed to share a pic of em w/ the WA7 - I even shot a pic of them w/ the AK240 - and the haters came out in droves... But AstellnKern put it on their Facebook wall!   LMAO

You have a really bright future Peter.
Just keep watching your back my friend!
Or, better yet, so you can focus on cables - 
get a knarly lawyer to protect all that gold...

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #577 of 2,056
So happy I got the DHC Complement Silver Peptide 22awg for my HD800. It has truly been a mind blowing experience. 

When I got the cable, I immediately thought that it was built superbly, it felt sturdy but flexible enough and very well built. 

It wasn't I listened to it that I was just amazed. I has expected it to be bright and a bad pairing with the HD800, but it wasn't at all. This cable seriously makes the stock SPC HD800 cable seem bright and a little off sounding. The bass hits quite a bit harder, and this isn't a minor difference, it is quite clear to my ears. The bass detail especially is much more defined and clear. The midrange is cleaner and has a similar tonality. It seems to have addressed the slight edge in the HD800's treble as well. Soundstage and imaging was improved too. 

This cable truly takes the HD800 to a new level to my ears and I am just in awe at what this cable does. I've tried a fair few cables in the past and I have only noticed minor changes, but this really is incredible. 

I recommend anyone who is looking for a HD800 cable and has the budget to go for this. It doesn't come cheap though, being well over $1000 for the one I have (I think). 

Nov 18, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #578 of 2,056
  So happy I got the DHC Complement Silver Peptide 22awg for my HD800. It has truly been a mind blowing experience. 

When I got the cable, I immediately thought that it was built superbly, it felt sturdy but flexible enough and very well built. 

It wasn't I listened to it that I was just amazed. I has expected it to be bright and a bad pairing with the HD800, but it wasn't at all. This cable seriously makes the stock SPC HD800 cable seem bright and a little off sounding. The bass hits quite a bit harder, and this isn't a minor difference, it is quite clear to my ears. The bass detail especially is much more defined and clear. The midrange is cleaner and has a similar tonality. It seems to have addressed the slight edge in the HD800's treble as well. Soundstage and imaging was improved too. 

This cable truly takes the HD800 to a new level to my ears and I am just in awe at what this cable does. I've tried a fair few cables in the past and I have only noticed minor changes, but this really is incredible. 

I recommend anyone who is looking for a HD800 cable and has the budget to go for this. It doesn't come cheap though, being well over $1000 for the one I have (I think). 

that is an AMAZING DHC cable accompaniment for the HD800s!!

I just got a Comp4 mini-to-mini for my current favorite portable rig (& new cable for the Audezes - shot here, which I have to ask Peter to be SURE of the model, but I believe this is the new Comp4 (new sleeving, other attributes...)  - this portable rig, FINALLY, is so powerful and capable of finesse (and quiet enough for my Roxannes) - Peter does it again!!  Bravo P, Bravo...

Nov 18, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #579 of 2,056
  that is an AMAZING DHC cable accompaniment for the HD800s!!

I just got a Comp4 mini-to-mini for my current favorite portable rig (& new cable for the Audezes - shot here, which I have to ask Peter to be SURE of the model, but I believe this is the new Comp4 (new sleeving, other attributes...)  - this portable rig, FINALLY, is so powerful and capable of finesse (and quiet enough for my Roxannes) - Peter does it again!!  Bravo P, Bravo...

Nice, it looks awesome. 

I really like how the colour matches as well, everything is silver lol. 

Nov 18, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #580 of 2,056
  Nice, it looks awesome. 

YES!
and being OCD - that REALLY works out for me!! 
o2smile.gif

Nov 18, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #582 of 2,056
  Nice, it looks awesome. 

YES!

I found out from Peter that this is actually a new Comp4 cable I got (I just trust him, got next level? oohh, ow, Paypal, LOL):

It's called the Complement4 Copper

It's an amazing sonic accompaniment to the Audeze LCD-2F, 3F, and XC thus far! 
Trying the X soon.

I also have these dope DHC adapters that allow me to use ANY Audeze cable w/ my HD800s!
LOVE it...

Nov 18, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #583 of 2,056
Hi to all. I am eagerly awaiting a Fusion 6-wire for my 846 (w/ Hugo). It was tough deciding between the Fusion and the SP, given what I was sonically looking to improve, and thanks to a couple of good folks in this thread who through PMs helped me decide. Given the experience of people with DHC cables it seems I may be in for a treat.

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #584 of 2,056
  Hi to all. I am eagerly awaiting a Fusion 6-wire for my 846 (w/ Hugo). It was tough deciding between the Fusion and the SP, given what I was sonically looking to improve, and thanks to a couple of good folks in this thread who through PMs helped me decide. Given the experience of people with DHC cables it seems I may be in for a treat.

be sure to discuss ALL your concerns w/ Peter, and he will sort you out w/ the best solution Since he's SO busy - he may talk fast - but he's listening to you - TRUST ME!
Peters become my #1 source for high end personal audio - man does he build incredible S___!

This sounds so good it's RIDICULOUS:

Audeze LCD-3 w/ Fazor
Double Helix Cables Comp4 XLR interconnects
Cavalli LAu
Double Helix Cables Comp4 dual-XLR

Source:
MacBook Pro SSD/Amarra
McIntosh D100 DAC

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #585 of 2,056
I would really like to try a Complement4 cable with my LCD3 fazor.  The price of entry is high to buy on faith.  Are demo's available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back