Double Helix Cables Thread
Oct 16, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #542 of 2,056
This afternoon I just received my Packet from Peter DHC cable
I would like to share out the box my DHC cable as follow :

My impresion I will post later on

Congratulations!!!!
You're in for some terrific listening sessions!

I brought a few of my DHC cables to Canjam - and boy am I glad I did so!
Experiencing the new Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson w/ my Audeze LCD-XC + DHC Molecule SE was an astounding sonic experience!!
Window-like transparency, dynamics galore, and wonderful/sparkly highs!!

The DHC Molecule SE also came in handy when we checked out the prototype of the new Concert Fidelity battery-powered headphone amp!! We new they had the production units ready to audition there at Canjam - so thanks to DHC we had a terrific frame of reference:

The DHC cable I use the most is my Molecule Elite w/ Fusion (as it was the DHC cable that turned me into a forever DHC devotee) - and of course that was part of my hotel room reference system - consisting of my LCD-XC & the new Lambert hybrid amp imported by Steve Holt/The Audio Nerd and my HRT microStreamer as DAC (my MacBook Pro/Amarra as source) this made EVERY latenight sesh a FUN one! Plus - we had some terrific after-parties in the Audio360.org hotel room!

I also brought my DHC Molecule Elite for my Sennheiser Urbanite (and boy - do the DHCs transform that headphone) - and that came in handy while walking around RMAF - as well as waiting for my wifey to pick me up at Oakland airport! Using the DHCs on the Urbanite w/ my AK240 made for a splendid musical experience!

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #544 of 2,056
Congratulations!!!!
You're in for some terrific listening sessions!

I brought a few of my DHC cables to Canjam - and boy am I glad I did so!
Experiencing the new Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson w/ my Audeze LCD-XC + DHC Molecule SE was an astounding sonic experience!!
Window-like transparency, dynamics galore, and wonderful/sparkly highs!!

The DHC Molecule SE also came in handy when we checked out the prototype of the new Concert Fidelity battery-powered headphone amp!! We new they had the production units ready to audition there at Canjam - so thanks to DHC we had a terrific frame of reference:

The DHC cable I use the most is my Molecule Elite w/ Fusion (as it was the DHC cable that turned me into a forever DHC devotee) - and of course that was part of my hotel room reference system - consisting of my LCD-XC & the new Lambert hybrid amp imported by Steve Holt/The Audio Nerd and my HRT microStreamer as DAC (my MacBook Pro/Amarra as source) this made EVERY latenight sesh a FUN one! Plus - we had some terrific after-parties in the Audio360.org hotel room!

I also brought my DHC Molecule Elite for my Sennheiser Urbanite (and boy - do the DHCs transform that headphone) - and that came in handy while walking around RMAF - as well as waiting for my wifey to pick me up at Oakland airport! Using the DHCs on the Urbanite w/ my AK240 made for a splendid musical experience!

Thank you Mike
I haven't bought any DHC headphone cables
I bought
2 TOTL DHC ICs :
Chaperone 3 black sleves
Chaperone 4 prototype

1 DHC Coaxial cable with RCA From Furitech

1 Trrs to 3 pin balance for Ak 240

1 RSA to trrs silver litz

Oct 16, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #547 of 2,056
  ToTL DHC IC would be Mini Spore, starting at $849 and that's very close to Rudi's Dreamline.

Awaiting Mini Silver Spore4 to be released and hopefully that could be ordered during Black Friday.

Frankie is right, Peter's silver totl mini to mini is not ready yet.
His current copper totl mini to mini is the copper complement4 / spore4.
The current silver totl mini to mini is the silver complement3 / spore3.

I believe Peter said that the silver totl mini to mini, the silver complement4 / spore4 will be ready sometime by the end of this year or the beginning of next year.
I will most likely be getting the silver spore4 to compare to the CC Dreamline Plus.

Oct 17, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #548 of 2,056
Thank you Mike
I haven't bought any DHC headphone cables
I bought
2 TOTL DHC ICs :
Chaperone 3 black sleves
Chaperone 4 prototype

1 DHC Coaxial cable with RCA From Furitech

1 Trrs to 3 pin balance for Ak 240

1 RSA to trrs silver litz

VERY nice!!

You just reminded me I have to get one of these cables for my third portable set-up!!

Peters work is simply amazing

Oct 17, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #549 of 2,056
I thought your DHC cables sounded great Mike, I just need to save up. Every time I load the cart with what I want I look at the total and decide to wait. But, I will have them some day.

Jim

I know the feeling!!

and I'm so glad you got to hear em Jim!!!!

rockin my Complement4 right now w/ the NuForce HA-200 monoblocks and Audeze LCD-X!

I needed some BIG SOUND tonight!! Still need more sleep after RMAF - but, if I don't work I don't get paid! 
size]

Oct 20, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #551 of 2,056
Just added the DHC Symbiote Fusion (8-wire balanced) to my setup with the AK120II and SE846's and it's far more than a subtle improvement to the sound that many people report from cable upgrades. I thought I had almost max'ed out the capabilities of the 8's, but apparently I wasn't even close.

It took a long time to get the cable, but it was worth every minute and no, it's not cheap but it is very true in this case that you get what you pay for.

I have also used it with my Geek Out 100 using the single-ended adapter and got a similar sound improvement. Interestingly, I liked the GO 100 better than the AK120II with the stock cable, but using the AK120II balanced out with the Fusion, it's now the better of the two.

Bottom line, this cable is absolutely stunning.

Oct 20, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #552 of 2,056
Thanks tjm6983. Soon I'm gonna order some 'Fusion-based' wires for both my soon-to-be-purchased IEMs (either 846s, ES60s, or W60s), and HE-560s. I'll have to settle for tbe 4-wire version for the IEMs in order to also (somehow) afford a cable for the cans. I'll do the 8-wire version for the 560s.

Oct 22, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #553 of 2,056
Looking forward to my Fusion iem cable!  It's been about 9 weeks so it should be soon!

Oct 23, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #554 of 2,056
  I know the feeling!!

and I'm so glad you got to hear em Jim!!!!

rockin my Complement4 right now w/ the NuForce HA-200 monoblocks and Audeze LCD-X!

I needed some BIG SOUND tonight!! Still need more sleep after RMAF - but, if I don't work I don't get paid! 
size]

Very nice looking cable your DHC Complement 4

Hey, would you two stop ordering cables for a while so I could get mine done?  
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #555 of 2,056

Hey, would you two stop ordering cables for a while so I could get mine done?  
biggrin.gif

SORRY!! 
smily_headphones1.gif

I forget Peters a madman one-person show sometimes!!

BUT - and so you know in advance - this is a prototype:

I HAD to share this - as my listening sesh w/ DHCs Roxanne cable proto and my AK240 has proven to be one of my most cherished listening sessions of 2014!!

The little box w/ the bass adjustments (like the stock cable - but these pots can be turned by hand, and, are good for 5000 uses - FAR more than the stock cable) actually plugs into the AK240s 2.5mm balanced jack!! - My preferred way to listen to the AK240!!

Stevie Wonders Music of My Mind at 192/24 never sounded so immersive on this rig..

BRAVO again Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back