Double Helix Cables Thread
Apr 11, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #421 of 2,056
I bought a cable from Double Helix for my HD800.

Pros:
Build quality for the price is top notch. The cable look and feel like it will out live the headphone.
Audio quality improve over the stock cable.
Lots of customizable options. You can make a cable that truly represent you.
Fast reply. I normally get an email reply with in 24hrs after the initial message.

Cons
It took FOREVER to get the cable. He initially said it would take him 3-4 weeks to make the cable and ship it. I got the cable about 7 weeks after the order.

Over all I would definitely do business with DH cable again and I would recommend them. Just be ready to wait... Good things come to those who wait.

Cheers
Gavin

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #422 of 2,056
  Actually it's my favorite album of all time:  The Division Bell by Pink Floyd.  I think the cover was done by Storm Thorgerson who was a long time Pink Floyd collaborator and did many of the artwork for their albums.  

Thanks for your reply ... it looked familiar. I'm a big surrealist art fan.

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #424 of 2,056
Sounds about right on late  April, JW...

Apr 13, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #425 of 2,056
I received my Complement 2 cable for my LCD X this past week.  It took about 7 weeks but the sound and build quality make this wait well worth it.  With the stock cable, I think the X is slightly laid back.  The highs could be more extended and the bass attack could be a bit more impactful.  My minor quibbles with the stock X are completely eliminated by the Complement 2.  It's a real game changer for the X.  The highs are more extended and the sound is more lively without being bright or fatiguing.  The bass attack has punch and it has a lot of impact.  Soundstage is larger and images are more clearly defined all the way to the outer edges of the soundstage.  I'm very pleased with the improvements in sound quality.

This is my 4th DHC cable and as always, build quality is second to none. Nice job Peter.
Highly recommended!

Apr 13, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #426 of 2,056
  Sounds about right on late  April, JW...

happy to hear that! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #427 of 2,056
Hey guys, anyone have any recommendations for a Balanced cable, for a set of Noble K-10s? running a AK-240& cypher labs duet sometimes with AK-240. Listen to all types of music. Thanks in advance.

Apr 13, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #428 of 2,056
  I received my Complement 2 cable for my LCD X this past week.  It took about 7 weeks but the sound and build quality make this wait well worth it.  With the stock cable, I think the X is slightly laid back.  The highs could be more extended and the bass attack could be a bit more impactful.  My minor quibbles with the stock X are completely eliminated by the Complement 2.  It's a real game changer for the X.  The highs are more extended and the sound is more lively without being bright or fatiguing.  The bass attack has punch and it has a lot of impact.  Soundstage is larger and images are more clearly defined all the way to the outer edges of the soundstage.  I'm very pleased with the improvements in sound quality.

This is my 4th DHC cable and as always, build quality is second to none. Nice job Peter.
Highly recommended!

I was SO psyched to get a PM from Steve about his experience w/ the Compliment2!!!!
and I didn't even know about this thread - ironic as I've been singin' @scootermafia's praises all over the place!

The headphone cable game is getting just as congested as the cable game in high-end audio - GEEZ,

But man am I grateful to my boy Ethan in our Audio360.org crew for recommending Peter's DHC cables!
They've become an invaluable part of my personal audio reference systems - both at-home ( where I rock a Complement2 for my Audeze's and HD800s - as well as a new Complement prototype dual-XLR OCC Litz cable for those cans and my Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold) and on-the-go, where I rock his Molecule SE w/ Fusion cables!!

My favorite cable should optimally sound like no cable at all - like my favorite audio components - they just get the hell outta the way and let the music SING.
That's what Peter's cables have done in my Sonic Satori Person Audio Lab!

To me the cable that has the least amount of impact on the sound, the cable that doesn't seem to color or shape the sound - basically the least amount of filtering, is the KEY, for me.

I LOVE his Molecule series too - and (Peter help me out because I forget the model number) the cable he made for my Sennheiser Momentum on-ears changed the sound so dramatically I told my contact at Sennheiser they should consider offering up Peters cable as an upgrade. Seriously, the little cans stretch much farther into the bottom end of the frequency spectrum with Peters cables than I've ever heard before - and the treble has magnificent sparkle to it as well:

For me, right now, it's DHC atop the heap in headphones cables.
I hope Peter comes out with a wicked adapter system though! 

Yeah I dig Moon Audio, and Cardas Clear, even ALO makes a solid cable.

But, IMO - DHC is on another level.
I call him the Nordost of headphone cables!!  I happen to love Nordost stuff - and they're good people too,
known em since 1996.

I told Peter I do have a rule though - that all the cable guys need to keep their comments about each other to themselves!
But, and this is a slice of Peters character - he's never bashed another persons design to me. He's expressed how he might improve upon it - but never bashed it.

I can only say that about Peter, Joe Reynolds at Nordost, and Drew at Moon Audio. You three just go about your business and DO IT.
Crazy that I use and love all three!

Apr 13, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #429 of 2,056
I was SO psyched to get a PM from Steve about his experience w/ the Compliment2!!!!
and I didn't even know about this thread - ironic as I've been singin' @scootermafia
's praises all over the place!

The headphone cable game is getting just as congested as the cable game in high-end audio - GEEZ,

But man am I grateful to my boy Ethan in our Audio360.org crew for recommending Peter's DHC cables!
They've become an invaluable part of my personal audio reference systems - both at-home ( where I rock a Complement2 for my Audeze's and HD800s - as well as a new Complement prototype dual-XLR OCC Litz cable for those cans and my Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold) and on-the-go, where I rock his Molecule SE w/ Fusion cables!!

My favorite cable should optimally sound like no cable at all - like my favorite audio components - they just get the hell outta the way and let the music SING.
That's what Peter's cables have done in my Sonic Satori Person Audio Lab!

To me the cable that has the least amount of impact on the sound, the cable that doesn't seem to color or shape the sound - basically the least amount of filtering, is the KEY, for me.

I LOVE his Molecule series too - and (Peter help me out because I forget the model number) the cable he made for my Sennheiser Momentum on-ears changed the sound so dramatically I told my contact at Sennheiser they should consider offering up Peters cable as an upgrade. Seriously, the little cans stretch much farther into the bottom end of the frequency spectrum with Peters cables than I've ever heard before - and the treble has magnificent sparkle to it as well:

For me, right now, it's DHC atop the heap in headphones cables.
I hope Peter comes out with a wicked adapter system though! 

Yeah I dig Moon Audio, and Cardas Clear, even ALO makes a solid cable.

But, IMO - DHC is on another level.
I call him the Nordost of headphone cables!!  I happen to love Nordost stuff - and they're good people too,
known em since 1996.

I told Peter I do have a rule though - that all the cable guys need to keep their comments about each other to themselves!
But, and this is a slice of Peters character - he's never bashed another persons design to me. He's expressed how he might improve upon it - but never bashed it.

I can only say that about Peter, Joe Reynolds at Nordost, and Drew at Moon Audio. You three just go about your business and DO IT.
Crazy that I use and love all three!

Nice Honest post Bro, you've almost got me tearing up..

Apr 13, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #430 of 2,056
Nice Honest post Bro, you've almost got me tearing up..

thanks brotha
I've been catching up on some articles, and comin' back to Head-Fi often
and really diggin' into this stuff w/ my fellow FIers rejuvenates me!!

Peters cables were also a HUGE part of my review here at Head-Fi of
the Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold - so when Steve IM'd me and said there was 
an appreciation thread for DHC I popped right in!!

yeah, rockin his Molecule balanced w/ Fusion wires right now, w/ my LAu and HD800s

Using a different cable right now though....

Apr 14, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #431 of 2,056
Glad you're happy Mike & Steve!  

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #433 of 2,056
  Happy

You got me ADDICTED to this rig (the LAu & McIntosh D100)
Jesus....

BUT - I also love the Molecule SE w/ Fusion on my LCD-X and XC w/ the Geek-out 1000

Can't wait to get my Complement3's to use with a Burson Conductor and then the fully loaded Pulse X when it arrives!

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #434 of 2,056
Hi everyone, Peter just sent me pics of the USB cable he made for my Chord Hugo! Am really looking forward to testing this cable out! Also a while back I posted pics here of the headphones I had Peter recable and the headphone cable is so beautifully crafted but even more important it sounds Superb! Awesome job well done DHC! Will post pics below.

Apr 17, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #435 of 2,056
Hi everyone, Peter just sent me pics of the USB cable he made for my Chord Hugo! Am really looking forward to testing this cable out! Also a while back I posted pics here of the headphones I had Peter recable and the headphone cable is so beautifully crafted but even more important it sounds Superb! Awesome job well done DHC! Will post pics below.

Hey is that Mini USB terminated? I've been searching for one for my AK-240. It looks fabulous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back