Double Helix Cables Thread
Mar 1, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #406 of 2,056
Am I always late to the party?   
blink.gif
    I've been burning in my Symbiote OCC copper cable with my Noble N6, and find it to be an excellent sonic upgrade to the stock cables, which were already quite ergo and easy to use.  These are just as easy to use, and sound better.   win-win in my book.

I am not a fan of silver, but am wondering how the litz copper cables sound compared to the stranded occ cables - seems like it has ben asked before, but not answered, so I am putting the question to the grouip again....

Any thoughts on this, or is this just the wrong thread in which to ask?

Mar 14, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #407 of 2,056
Hi everyone, just thought would post some pics Peter from Double Helix cables has sent me of my Ultrasone Edition 8 & Beyerdynamic T5P with Triple Threat adapters installed with Audeze connectors. This will allow any Audeze headphone cable to plug into my headphones. He will also be making a Macromolecule Elite 8 wire OCC Silver Litz headphone cable next for me. Will send you some pics of that cable later after it has been built.

Mar 15, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #409 of 2,056
I bought a set of Complement2's because I can't personally build those myself due to the bill of materials and using the Ultrashort adapter and I like what I hear big time.

Mar 20, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #411 of 2,056
I hope this is appropriate to post here.  Has anyone compared the Toxic Silver Widow or Black Widow to the Complement2.  My reason for asking is I own a Silver Widow and am considering a switch to the Complement2 with my LCD-3.  
Thanks.

Mar 30, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #413 of 2,056
  I hope this is appropriate to post here.  Has anyone compared the Toxic Silver Widow or Black Widow to the Complement2.  My reason for asking is I own a Silver Widow and am considering a switch to the Complement2 with my LCD-3.  
Thanks.

Hi setamp,

I have tried all 3 cables with LCD-3 and I have decided to get Complement2 for myself. For me, musicality, details, and refinement is what Im looking for and if you are looking for the same thing from your LCD3. I would high recommend you getting one Complement2 for yourself.

Here are some impression I got from trying all the 3 cables when I was searching for my headphone cables

Black Widow:

The pure copper cable is the first one to be out of my cables option. Personally, Complement2 (being the same pure copper cable) beats Black Widow in every single aspect.

Silver Widow:

Silver widow is a great sounding cable. However, to my ears after switching to Complement2 I feel that Silver Widow sonic is rather bland. In terms of soundstage and refinement, Complement2 is much better at producing a very realistic soundstage compared to Silver Widow. In terms of musical details, even though I expect Silver Widow to beat Complement2 here but for some reason I think they are on par with each other.

Bottom line:

Complement2 sounds much more musical to my LCD3. I get this punchy and unbelievable realistic percussion sound recreation. The soundstage is as close to reality as it could get.

Hope it helps you :)

Mar 31, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #414 of 2,056
Hi all,

I just ordered a set of the Molecule SE cables for my LCD-XCs terminated with Peter's custom made 2.5mm TRRS connector so I can use the balanced out of my AK240. Peter recommended the hybrid option: half copper and half silver plated copper. I won't get them till May, but I'm excited by what changes will occur, especially running balanced.

It looks from his website that Peter builds cables with a high degree of craftsmanship. I like that ...

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #415 of 2,056
Getting Triple Threat adapters with Complement3 cables for my TH900's.  Psyched!

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #416 of 2,056
I have ordered from Peter before, and I can say without a doubt it's some of the best work I have seen. Very excited to get Chaperone interconnects, as well as balanced audio cables for my new amp and DAC!!!

Apr 9, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #417 of 2,056
  I have ordered from Peter before, and I can say without a doubt it's some of the best work I have seen. Very excited to get Chaperone interconnects, as well as balanced audio cables for my new amp and DAC!!!

Hi japonyx,

Thanks for your confirming words on the build quality; I am so looking forward to getting my cables ... Peter, maybe late April?

Apr 10, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #418 of 2,056
Just dealt with Peter and made an order to reterminate my IE800s to a 2.5mm TRSS plug.  Out of all the cable upgrade websites I dealt with; he was the easiest to deal with and always responded to my emails within a matter of minutes.  Other sites take days to respond if you are even lucky to get a response.  He answered all my questions and helped me along the way.  I will definitely do all my cable business with Double Helix.  Thanks Peter

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #419 of 2,056
Hi ozzymo,

Is your profile picture a Magritte or is it some other artist?

Apr 11, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #420 of 2,056
Actually it's my favorite album of all time:  The Division Bell by Pink Floyd.  I think the cover was done by Storm Thorgerson who was a long time Pink Floyd collaborator and did many of the artwork for their albums.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back