Double Helix Cables Thread
Apr 21, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #452 of 2,056
Wow all these posts seem to affirm what I am interested in and that is build quality. If I have to wait 8 weeks I will very well do that (it will also give me time to adjust to the stock cable's sound). Plus I am already waiting for my Alpha Dogs so I am used to waiting 
wink.gif

I should be ordering a Molecule cable for my Alpha Dogs in the upcoming week or two : ]

Apr 24, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #453 of 2,056
  Wow all these posts seem to affirm what I am interested in and that is build quality. If I have to wait 8 weeks I will very well do that (it will also give me time to adjust to the stock cable's sound). Plus I am already waiting for my Alpha Dogs so I am used to waiting 
wink.gif

I should be ordering a Molecule cable for my Alpha Dogs in the upcoming week or two : ]

NICE!

I gotta get a set for my Alphas too!

Rockin the Molecule SE w/ Fusion on my brand new Sennheiser HD7s right now!!
Sounds fantastic! Even before break-in, sounding better than when I heard em at CES - and I loved em them!!
More-so than the 8s...

May 3, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #454 of 2,056
Today, I received my Molecule SE cable with Peptide Synergy conductors for my Audeze LCD-XCs. My cable was terminated to take advantage of the 2.5mm balanced out on my AK240.

I'll post at another time regarding the sound quality since I want the cable to cook for at least 100 hours, but I will say the cable is not bright at all, a really good thing.

Of special note as previously reported by other fans of Peter's is the workmanship on his cables. I am very anal about craftsmanship and I would rank my cable a 9.75/10, my only quibble being the manner in which the shrink was used. Anybody else would find this aspect perfectly acceptable.

I anticipate a rave review at a later point based on how they are sounding freshly built ...

Thank you, Peter; these were definitely worth the wait! 
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #455 of 2,056
Today, I received my Molecule SE cable with Peptide Synergy conductors for my Audeze LCD-XCs. My cable was terminated to take advantage of the 2.5mm balanced out on my AK240.

I'll post at another time regarding the sound quality since I want the cable to cook for at least 100 hours, but I will say the cable is not bright at all, a really good thing.

Of special note as previously reported by other fans of Peter's is the workmanship on his cables. I am very anal about craftsmanship and I would rank my cable a 9.75/10, my only quibble being the manner in which the shrink was used. Anybody else would find this aspect perfectly acceptable.

I anticipate a rave review at a later point based on how they are sounding freshly built ...

Thank you, Peter; these were definitely worth the wait! :D

Nice jwbrent, I have a cable sitting in his shopping cart, going balanced for my Noble K-10's. Enjoy brother.

May 3, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #456 of 2,056
Hi kh,

I think you're going to be real happy once you get your cable. 
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #457 of 2,056

Thank you, Peter; these were definitely worth the wait! 
biggrin.gif

Right???

LOVE my DHC stuff!!
Invaluable

May 20, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #458 of 2,056
Not a big deal to change shrink to your liking.  I have a guy (perhaps he's lurking around here) that chose to have all of his shrink read and point in specific directions.  

May 23, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #459 of 2,056
Just received my dhc limited 8 wires (4 silver litz and 4 copper) I thought it gonna be black and silver color.  but oh well the sound is so good. and build quality is awesome. I get so much detail without getting smaller headstage. It is simply the best m2m i got so far.
Thank you Peter.

May 24, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #461 of 2,056
I figured you'd want the newer wire, which is clear.

May 25, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #462 of 2,056
  Does anyone use the Molecule Elite w/ Fusion with HD800s? I'm curious about the synergy of this combo. Thanks!

I've used that combo!
Thanks to these wicked little wire adapters @scootermafia made for me!

Thanks Peter BTW - those come in handy OFTEN!
They allow me to use any Audeze-terminated/4-pin cable w/ my Sennheiser HD800s.

I loved the synergy with the HD800s - the bass was tight and focused, the mids crisp and coherent, and the highs
wonderfully extended without being too bright (which my HD800s CAN sound to me sometimes)

Admittedly my dual XLR Complement3 cables (is that the right model Peter?) give me more micro and macro-dynamic detail retrieval,
but that's to be expected.

DHC baby...

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #464 of 2,056
Jun 4, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #465 of 2,056
I use one with the Shure's SE846. I definitely recommend it. Very neutral and detailed. I couldn't tell you how it compares with other cables except the stock cable and the improvement is very noticeable.

Can you somehow describe how the sound signature changed?
Is it more like a warm full sound like copper or more crisp and detailed like silver?

Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back