Double Helix Cables Thread
Nov 9, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #1,156 of 2,056
Any impressions yet of anyone with JH Siren series IEMs and the DHC Symbiote Elite cables? Looks like the Eidolic 4-pin JH connectors were in as of Oct - maybe too soon yet for anyone to have received these? Thinking about this for my JH Angies...

Nov 10, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #1,158 of 2,056
On the subject of impressions, can anyone comment on their experience upgrading from the Silver Complement4 (without Spore shielding) to the Prion. I have the SC on order for my HE1000 but probably won't see it until the New Year. I'm hoping it will be an improvement over the Silver Dragon V3 I'm currently using but would also be interested in hearing about what further improvements I could expect to get from the Prion. I am running the HE1000 direct from a Chord DAVE. Thanks

Nov 14, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #1,159 of 2,056
Peter is always available for any informations about his products. I'm waiting my complément 4 Copper...no doubts about his great performances.

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #1,161 of 2,056
Well orderd v3 silver litz 8 braid for my noble k10u encore, now the wait. Happy thanks giving, merry xmas, happy new year, see you all in early spring with photo and thoughts hopefully, cheers

Nov 26, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #1,163 of 2,056

Hi ,

I recently purchased the silver 8 wire balanced cable for my rox 1 with the ak240 from DHC. 

I have to say that my entire purchase process could not have been EASIER. Peter is a great guy to work with and very patient. I bombarded him with tons of questions at random hours and he attended to each and every question. Also provided me with regular updates and on top of that had my cable delivered in 20 days even though the time for delivery was 3-5 months. He did  that as i was one of the first to contact him regarding the rox 1 cable 2 years back plus as a wedding gift as i recently got married. 

The cable looks STUNNING, it came very well packed in a bubble packet, and also included a very nice pouch to keep the cable safe. I agree it wasnt cheap but since am planning to use that cable for a very very long time, it is a great investment. Also i ordered a 2.5 trrs balanced to 3.5mm jack adapter so i can use the cable with almost any deivce. 

Ill post some pictures soon but for now am simply going to enjoy this stunning cable ( IT REALLY DOES LOOK INSANEEEEE !!!). If anyone is intrested in purchasing a beautiful high end cable, i would highly recommend DHC. 

also am no sound expert but i can gaurantee that there is a difference between the stock cable and the DHC cable. But more importantly, this cable looks solid unlike the stock cable. I ordered the DHC cable as my 2nd stock cable got loosened at the 4 pin connection for the right earbud. The stock cable is horrible and i was not going to order a third one so i decided to invest in the DHC cable.

PS: he even gave a link for the entire DSD thiller (michael jackson) album as i told him i have no DSD files. Very nice of him.

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #1,164 of 2,056

The cable looks STUNNING, it came very well packed in a bubble packet, and also included a very nice pouch to keep the cable safe. I agree it wasnt cheap but since am planning to use that cable for a very very long time, it is a great investment. Also i ordered a 2.5 trrs balanced to 3.5mm jack adapter so i can use the cable with almost any deivce. 

Ill post some pictures soon but for now am simply going to enjoy this stunning cable ( IT REALLY DOES LOOK INSANEEEEE !!!). If anyone is intrested in purchasing a beautiful high end cable, i would highly recommend DHC. 

Congrats on the new cable! The new Symbiote Elites for JH IEM's look really sweet... love the look of the cable and those Eidolic 4-pin connectors look awesome. I've been thinking about it for my Angie's, but the price tag is definitely steep, especially if you want to go with the 8-wire silver peptide occ litz. Tough to drop that much on the cable without really listening to it first, but it's tempting! 
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 27, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #1,165 of 2,056
Servantsaber I'm curious about these cables myself as I would like a balanced cable for my Utopia's.  Do you have any other after market cables you are comparing them with?  I'm looking at the Silver/Black Dragons, Heimdall 2, and these.

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #1,166 of 2,056
Servantsaber I'm curious about these cables myself as I would like a balanced cable for my Utopia's.  Do you have any other after market cables you are comparing them with?  I'm looking at the Silver/Black Dragons, Heimdall 2, and these.

I used Silver Dragon before.
I can't justify the cost and wait time for the improvement, but I can say for sure that the Silver Complement 4 is better than Silver Dragon.
I'm not returning to Silver Dragon :)

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #1,167 of 2,056
I used Silver Dragon before.
I can't justify the cost and wait time for the improvement, but I can say for sure that the Silver Complement 4 is better than Silver Dragon.
I'm not returning to Silver Dragon
smily_headphones1.gif

Heh.  Expensive hobby this.  What is it that you enjoy more about the Complement 4?

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #1,168 of 2,056
  Heh.  Expensive hobby this.  What is it that you enjoy more about the Complement 4?

There are five things:
1) Soundstage
2) Clarity
3) Resolution
4) Imaging
5) Bass

1) Soundstage:
I always hoped Utopia's soundstage to be wider. The Complement 4 solves that. The most significant improvement.

2) Clarity:
Feels clearer than before.

3) Resolution:
Same as clarity, I feel the improvement

4) Imaging:
More precise compared to Silver Dragon. The most significant improvement after soundstage.

5) Bass:
Bass is tighter and punchier compared to Silver Dragon. 

Nov 28, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #1,170 of 2,056

There are five things:
1) Soundstage
2) Clarity
3) Resolution
4) Imaging
5) Bass

1) Soundstage:
I always hoped Utopia's soundstage to be wider. The Complement 4 solves that. The most significant improvement.

2) Clarity:
Feels clearer than before.

3) Resolution:
Same as clarity, I feel the improvement

4) Imaging:
More precise compared to Silver Dragon. The most significant improvement after soundstage.

5) Bass:
Bass is tighter and punchier compared to Silver Dragon. 

btw I've also listened to Cardas Clear cable on Utopia. Silver Dragon sounded much better.
It seems like silver is a better match on Utopia than copper.

Not all silver cables will work with Utopia tho...eg I found my Norne Eternus worked supremely well with my HE1000 but tends to make my Utopia sounded a bit bright, however my silver Complement4 matches pretty well with my Utopia as it gives the Utopia an improved resolution and authority.

Have a bunch of Dragons (black & silver) lying around and will give my ears some time to get accustomed to them over time before I give my impressions, but from the time I had them with my HD800S and HE1000, I must say I'm not particularly looking forward to them anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back