... don't look at this unless ...
May 8, 2003 at 2:21 AM Post #61 of 65
Thanks all for the kind words & good wishes.
I suppose this will be a true test of the seller's integrity. Will let you all know when/if the phones & amp arrive & my opinion of their sonic goodness.
Damn, after all this hullabaloo, NOW I REALLY, REALLY WANT 'EM!

May 8, 2003 at 2:43 AM Post #62 of 65
Quote:

I suppose this will be a true test of the seller's integrity. Will let you all know when/if the phones & amp arrive & my opinion of their sonic goodness.

Thanks, please do!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Damn, after all this hullabaloo, NOW I REALLY, REALLY WANT 'EM!

LOL. Now you see how all this flavor of the month stuff gets started around here. Two months ago it was ATs, last month it was the CD3000; now this month it appears to be Grados. Head-Fi would make a great case study for patterns of consumerism.

May 8, 2003 at 3:59 AM Post #63 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
LOL. Now you see how all this flavor of the month stuff gets started around here. Two months ago it was ATs, last month it was the CD3000; now this month it appears to be Grados. Head-Fi would make a great case study for patterns of consumerism.

The Grado HP-1000 has been one of the very few constants around here. It's been in pretty much constant demand (as well it should!).

There aren't all that many HPA-1's around. A demand never really got started simply because there weren't any. Original retail on the amp was $795, and an extra $125 for the AC power supply. Sonically, it's a strong solid state amp, with a slightly soft low end. IMO it's a smoother amp than the RA-1, with better dimensionality.

May 8, 2003 at 4:28 AM Post #64 of 65
Quote:

The Grado HP-1000 has been one of the very few constants around here. It's been in pretty much constant demand (as well it should!).

I know that.
tongue.gif
Actually, I was referring to the resurgence of Team Grado overall; I have seen a lot of recommendations for Grado headphones lately, and there was uh, Welly's review, that a lot of people luckily missed out on when it was deleted--headed for a ten page thread I'm sure. Nevertheless, there has been a lot of Grado loving going on IMO. Not that that's a bad thing at all.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back