... don't look at this unless ...
May 7, 2003 at 7:00 PM Post #46 of 65
I just read about a guy who found a bag of 100 dollar bills in a dumpster. Why is getting over this so much harder than getting over that??

May 7, 2003 at 7:30 PM Post #47 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
I just read about a guy who found a bag of 100 dollar bills in a dumpster. Why is getting over this so much harder than getting over that??

Because finding a bag of $100 bills is just a stroke of luck. It's random chance. I could have actually done something about this if I had been home to check ebay at the time. The fact that I *could* have gotten it is what's bugging me.

May 7, 2003 at 9:07 PM Post #48 of 65
I too would have purchased this if I had seen it. honestly...I think BIN and low prices is very cool. Honestly...even though these headphones are older...and rare...should they be worth $1000?

I think all headphones should be under $50 and everyone can experience audio nirvana. I'll take all monitor speakers for under $200 and all fullrange for under $500
smily_headphones1.gif

May 7, 2003 at 10:09 PM Post #49 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
Because finding a bag of $100 bills is just a stroke of luck. It's random chance. I could have actually done something about this if I had been home to check ebay at the time. The fact that I *could* have gotten it is what's bugging me.

In both cases, it's a matter of being at the right place at the right time...But i see your point... If I regularly checked dumpsters for bags of money, I would probably have gotten pretty pissed off about that guy...

May 7, 2003 at 10:20 PM Post #50 of 65
Good Lord, what a furor!
Yeah, ok, I'm the - evidently - fortunate purchaser of these things. Had I known what a ruckus this ostensibly innocent transaction was going to cause I may just have demurred. Well, probably not. But I sure as heck didn't anticipate this clothes-rending, ashes on the noggin reaction.

I just happened across the phones/amp on eBay & figured they'd make a nice supplementary/portable system. I'm quite pleased with my main RKV/Senn 600s rig. I remember reading posts on these phones (I've never heard them) & that folks liked 'em & the price did seem sweet so I took the plunge. I had RS1s some years back (with a McCormack MHD) & found them to be quite satisfactory. I had no idea, though, that so many of you mosey around with tongues extended contemplating these phones.

I do feel compelled to address TimSchirmer's posts & his reaction to someone else acquiring his "dream setup". Your emailing the seller to let him know the "true value" of the HPs could only have been motivated by one of two things (or more likely both). You either felt it your duty/responsibility to make the seller feel bad & stupid about the sale or - more heinously - to encourage him to renege on the transaction (would you feel just a mite better then?) There could not possibly be any other reason for your feeling behooved to intercede in an eBay transaction that in no way involved you. Do you spend all day perusing the thousands of eBay sales & contacting the sellers if you feel they undersold? I am not the vindictive sort, nor do I believe in gratuitous insults, but I can only conclude that you are a jerk. If this seller does back out on the deal I would expect you to show up at my doorstep with the combo in hand.

May 7, 2003 at 10:28 PM Post #51 of 65
Congrats on the new system, please post your impressions compared to your other one! You are a lucky guy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, I agree, TimShirmer's move was pathetic and stupid.

May 7, 2003 at 10:39 PM Post #52 of 65
Lucky you. I'm really glad/relieved to hear it went to one of us and not some random schmuck.

May 7, 2003 at 10:45 PM Post #53 of 65
Tim, you forget that the purpose of this forum is to be as elitist as possible and laugh at the ignorant all around us while we swindle them of any worthwhile goods they may encounter and keep the secret of headphone nirvana to ourselves.

Or something...

May 8, 2003 at 12:08 AM Post #54 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by WIJGALT
I do feel compelled to address TimSchirmer's posts & his reaction to someone else acquiring his "dream setup". Your emailing the seller to let him know the "true value" of the HPs could only have been motivated by one of two things (or more likely both). You either felt it your duty/responsibility to make the seller feel bad & stupid about the sale or - more heinously - to encourage him to renege on the transaction (would you feel just a mite better then?) There could not possibly be any other reason for your feeling behooved to intercede in an eBay transaction that in no way involved you. Do you spend all day perusing the thousands of eBay sales & contacting the sellers if you feel they undersold? I am not the vindictive sort, nor do I believe in gratuitous insults, but I can only conclude that you are a jerk. If this seller does back out on the deal I would expect you to show up at my doorstep with the combo in hand.

Well said, WIJGALT. I couldn't agree more.

May 8, 2003 at 12:19 AM Post #55 of 65
HA HA,
You guys all sitting around saying all that stuff about that deal. Then it turns out one of the members here bought them. Ha Ha. By chance, no less..
biggrin.gif

Congratulations on your good fortune WIJGALT. It appears that you got the deal fo the century, if these guys were all correct.

May 8, 2003 at 12:25 AM Post #57 of 65
WIJGALT,

i hope you get your phones and amp .

then you can sell both to me later for $499

and hope tim wont email you to tell you their true worth.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 8, 2003 at 12:45 AM Post #58 of 65
Hope you get that deal, WIJGALT.

May 8, 2003 at 1:35 AM Post #59 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by WIJGALT
I just happened across the phones/amp on eBay & figured they'd make a nice supplementary/portable system. I'm quite pleased with my main RKV/Senn 600s rig.

it could be the other way around
smily_headphones1.gif

at least, if you don't like them, you know that you can sell it and get a secondary system for each room of your house
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2003 at 1:53 AM Post #60 of 65
Great find!
I've seen a deal this good before about two years back.
A fellow head-fier got his mint HP-2s for $195 at an ebay buy it now price.
Good deals like this do happen!

Congrats.

PS. Tim, you need to grow up!
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back