Don't forget to set your clocks back
Oct 27, 2002 at 5:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

zoboomofo

1000+ Head-Fier
Its the most _ _ mis'r-able time _ _ _ of the year.

I hate daylight savings. Up in the Northwest, the sun sets at a very respectable 6:30ish right about now. I can expect that to drop to a bleak 4:30 very soon. What a stupid, stupid idea!

Oct 27, 2002 at 6:11 AM Post #2 of 30
IIRC, Back in the post-WWII years, there was a brief 3-year use of daylight savings in Japan... but everyone complained, so it was ditched.
biggrin.gif

Oct 27, 2002 at 9:15 AM Post #3 of 30
Ahhh! Im confused. My computer says its 3:15, the Head-Fi forums say its 4:15, and my watch says its 5:15... I know my computer and my watch are suposed to compensate for the time adjustemnt automatically, and I assume the forums are too, yet none of them agree. Hmmmm... Whatever.

Oct 27, 2002 at 9:28 AM Post #4 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by leon
IIRC, Back in the post-WWII years, there was a brief 3-year use of daylight savings in Japan... but everyone complained, so it was ditched.
biggrin.gif

If my memory serves me, I believe that during the early Seventies, we had a year where DST was in place all year long. Energy crisis or something.

Oct 27, 2002 at 10:26 AM Post #5 of 30
Yeah, that was Nixon era gas crunch. Too many kids waiting for school buses in the dark, so they went back to Standard Time.

I hate Standard Time. I hate going to work in the daylight and coming home in the dark. Totally sucks. Tired of adjusting my life to deal with other peoples kids.

Change the school hours and let them go later. Keep Daylight Saving.

My $0.04

Oct 27, 2002 at 3:21 PM Post #8 of 30
i grew up in indiana where we only adjust our clocks to set the time. changing the clocks twice a year was a pretty strange concept. now that i live in michigan, i have to reverse and forward them twice a year. trust me folks, it's better not to have to do that.

but here's a concept for ya: [size=medium]time never changes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]. and thus we should not change our clocks.

i feel strongly on this issue because i know what it's like not to have the time constantly changing. most of you just accept it (ignorant fools!!). i say reject it. it serves no purpose as far as i can tell.

Oct 27, 2002 at 3:50 PM Post #9 of 30
I don't know, if I had to wake up in the dark it would suck for me, cause I know I just won't be able to wake up
tongue.gif
So I would be for daylight savings... if it were needed here
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 27, 2002 at 4:46 PM Post #10 of 30
If your location's close to the equator, then the length of your day/night may not vary so much from one season to another, and you probably won't need daylight savings as much as we do "up north". Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Both my Macs (yes I've got 2) and my cable box adjusted themselves... no such luck with the other gadgets
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2005 at 7:21 AM Post #12 of 30
Ah yes, it's time for good ol Fall-Back once again. One extra hour of sleep, one less hour of sunlight in the evening.

An old rant thread by Beagle
tongue.gif

I used to love setting the clock back in the fall as a kid, just to squeeze that extra hour of sleep for that one night. Now I'm realizing...I don't care about it anymore lol. I'd rather not have to reset my clocks.

Oct 30, 2005 at 7:29 AM Post #13 of 30
Ok, so it's Miami time again, and not Chicago time. That's the only way I can keep track. We don't observe daylight savings time here in Cayman. Eastern in the Fall, and Central for the Spring.

Oct 30, 2005 at 8:22 AM Post #14 of 30
Dark when I leave for work, Dark when I leave work.

GMT (instead of BST - British Summer Time) SUCKS

Oct 30, 2005 at 12:12 PM Post #15 of 30
The amount of time it takes my body to adjust to daylight savings, its back to normal time again >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back