Don't forget to set your clocks back
Oct 30, 2005 at 12:42 PM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by zoboomofo
Its the most _ _ mis'r-able time _ _ _ of the year.

I hate daylight savings. Up in the Northwest, the sun sets at a very respectable 6:30ish right about now. I can expect that to drop to a bleak 4:30 very soon. What a stupid, stupid idea!

Ha... South eastern states in Australia are now on DLS, but our clocks go forward, so instead of the sun setting at a respectable 6:30pm, it now happens closer to 8pm. and come christmas, i can expect light around until about 9pm...
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2005 at 12:47 PM Post #17 of 30
I despise daylight savings.
frown.gif

Oct 30, 2005 at 1:01 PM Post #18 of 30
Well this year it does not matter to me. This past Spring and Summer I left home when it was dark and came home in the dark. This has been somewhat of a lost year for me. Well the big project at work goes live next Friday then we start a year of deployment to our offices around the US. So I go from long hours at work to being on the road. Maybe I will go buy a TV today to make myself feel better. I have been thinking about the Sony Wega 60" lcos.

Oct 30, 2005 at 1:16 PM Post #20 of 30
Ah, how I love this time of the year...... dark at 4pm, fog, rain, snow and freezing cold..... winter slippers, furry hat, log fire and copious quantities of hot sweet tea. Sure as hell beats the sun.

Oct 30, 2005 at 2:33 PM Post #22 of 30
Didnt even realize it was DLS before i woke up and my dad told me... I dont mind it, i just have an extra hour today to do stuff.

Oct 30, 2005 at 2:38 PM Post #23 of 30
My PDA woke me up early this morning by beeping loudly to tell me that it's changing its clock. My laptop was doing a similar thing but I had turned off its sound. I need to remember to change the clock in my car, though.

Oct 30, 2005 at 2:43 PM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
My PDA woke me up early this morning by beeping loudly to tell me that it's changing its clock. My laptop was doing a similar thing but I had turned off its sound. I need to remember to change the clock in my car, though.

I don't need to change the clock in my truck this year. It has been an hour off since spring. Now all is right once again. Procrastination at its finest.

Oct 30, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Ah, how I love this time of the year...... dark at 4pm, fog, rain, snow and freezing cold..... winter slippers, furry hat, log fire and copious quantities of hot sweet tea. Sure as hell beats the sun.

Hah! I'm on your boat for this one, even though I'm from California, where people from other places assume the sun never sets
rolleyes.gif

Oct 30, 2005 at 6:12 PM Post #26 of 30
In 1996 and 1997 I had to go to India for a month to work. I resided in California, USA. Here's the catch..

Not only was the time difference really confusing since India is on a 'half' time zone, but I was there TWICE during daylight savings time.

SO, California was 13 1/2 hrs different than India for half the month, and 12 1/2 hrs different the other part. I don't remember which was ahead, but it was something like calling at 9:00 PM from India to catch my wife waking up at 8:30 AM....then it changed by an hour during DST! Before 1996 I didn't even know that some Time Zones were not on even hours!

Oct 30, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #28 of 30
WHY oh WHY did I have to buy a very complicated, non intuitive digital watch?
frown.gif

Press B, press C, press B again then press A and press B again and finally D to set the seconds. Repeat this for the minutes, hours, day, month, year and day of week.
Took me half an hour to set my watch back 1 hour.
mad.gif

Oct 31, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by zoboomofo
Its the most _ _ mis'r-able time _ _ _ of the year.

I hate daylight savings. Up in the Northwest, the sun sets at a very respectable 6:30ish right about now. I can expect that to drop to a bleak 4:30 very soon. What a stupid, stupid idea!

I agree; I hate to lose the evening light. Except I think you mean that you hate STANDARD time and want to keep DST!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back