Don't be shy, contact us directly with problems with your FiiO!
Apr 23, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #106 of 307
Hi, Wyzzy93.
Sorry for the late reply. 

Kindly be noted that, the low battery may easily cause the automatic shutdown similar to what you described. So pls try to charge the unit and make sure the X1 has the enough power. If the problem persists, it will be better to send this unit to us for checking and repairing.
You can send email to us (support@fiio.net), and we will help solve this problem, so pls don't worry. 
smile.gif

Apr 25, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #107 of 307
I had that same skipping/pausing/restarting problem with my X3II, I fixed it by turning off the in-line headphone control.  After I did that, no more playback problems at all.

Good luck.

Apr 26, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #108 of 307
How dare Massdrop buy and sell hunted's of FiiO X5's for FiiO when they are an unathirised dealer - Shame on them ! Though Massdrop are huge and reputable and sell millions of dollars of product. FiiO your sounding lamer with every excuse you make ! I have a low threshold to BS. You suffer from foot and mouth. Many of your X5's simply don't do what they should. Accept responsibility for it!!!!!!!!

Apr 26, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #109 of 307

Hi there, 

I did try with a fully charged battery and with headphone in line switched on and off, same result. I plug in headphones while its playing it switches off. I select a track with headphones already plugged in, it switches off. 
I have emailed the support team, many thanks.

May 1, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #111 of 307
Hi,

Seems like my X1 got bricked: does not switch on, does not react to the reset button. Not seen by PC. The led turns red then green when charging, but does not start.
Switched if off normally yesterday.
Please, help.

May 1, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #112 of 307
Hey I'm an owner of both one of the old X3's and an X1 and I've recently encountered an issue on the X1 where the screen randomly inverts itself and stays flipped upside down for a number of power off/on's. I tried resetting it to the factory defaults as well as updating the firmware and it continues to have this issue. I was hoping someone on the forum might have some suggestions for how to fix or deal with this since i haven't gotten an answer from customer support. Thanks....

May 2, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #113 of 307
Have an update: the player is not bricked, it switches on by itself if left connected to PC for some hours and goes on working till it is switched off. After that, no reaction to the power button again. 
Can the firmware be flashed from menu or from PC somehow, without turning the player off?

May 13, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #115 of 307
Hi, i have had a M3 for over a month and am impressed with the SQ and size.

My problem is with coverart, i find:

1. flac & mp3 320k files mostly but not all display the cover
2. alac 320k files do not display any cover art

I use dbpoweramp to convert from apple lossless.

There does not seem to be any logic as to whether an album will have the cover art displayed.

My only thought is it maybe the size of the artwork file that is used or possibly whether it is a jpeg or not?

Perhaps someone at Fiio can help with this -  a firmware update?

May 18, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #116 of 307
  Hi, i have had a M3 for over a month and am impressed with the SQ and size.

My problem is with coverart, i find:

1. flac & mp3 320k files mostly but not all display the cover
2. alac 320k files do not display any cover art

I use dbpoweramp to convert from apple lossless.

There does not seem to be any logic as to whether an album will have the cover art displayed.

My only thought is it maybe the size of the artwork file that is used or possibly whether it is a jpeg or not?

Perhaps someone at Fiio can help with this -  a firmware update?

Hi, magicalmouse.
Could you please inform us the album covers are embedded or external ones? And what is the format and pixel resolution of the album covers?
If you don't mind, kindly provide some files for us testing and analyzing. You can directly share the related download link of the files with us by private message. 

To be honest, we keep improving the album cover issue by the firmware update. 

Jun 7, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #118 of 307
I bought a X3ii in black recently, and it came with the clear case unlike my titanium X3ii. Is there any way I can buy the silicon case for the black X3, as well? I wanted to leave one at home and one for outside use.

Jul 10, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #119 of 307
Can you offer me specifics about installing the appropriate usb dac drivers for windows 10? I have the X5.  Where can I download it and any useful instructions on getting it installed and working first go. Thank you in advance.

Jul 18, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #120 of 307
Earlier it had been mentioned that some dealers will take a batch of FiiO products and send them to China on behalf of their customers so that the customer does not have to ship individually to China. I opted not to send my X1 in for repair for a relatively minor issue because of the hassle of international shipping. Well, my X1 turned up dead and I will probably buy a replacement -- but anticipating a problem...

can anyone tell me which online dealers will return my unit for service for me, if it should need servicing within the warranty period?

I think the X1 is great when it works, but mine has rarely worked as it should have, though with workarounds it functioned sufficiently until sudden death. I'll give the product one more chance -- the triumph of hope over experience, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back