Dollhouse
May 11, 2009 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

Arlekiin

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

So anyone else watching "Dollhouse" and if there are how do you think it compares to "Firefly", "Angel" and "Buffy". I was very impressed with Firefly not so much with Buffy and Angel. I find "Dollhouse" and "Firefly" to be the most mature creations from Josh Whedon.

I love the way how in this series he has managed to create an impression that the guys trying to take down "Dollhouse" are useless fanatics who are reluctant to change. I do understand that using people in this way could be awful but then again you cant reverse technology even if you destroy all the doc's and kill all the scientists. It will just be invented again very soon.

beerchug.gif

May 11, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #3 of 47
I really like Firefly and Dollhouse. I also think Firefly is better. I saw a few episodes of Buffy and Angel, but didn't like it that much.

May 11, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #5 of 47
the series will develop just like his others and probably become cult worthy. Love his use of unusual characters , and also some of the cast from his other hits. Hope to see many seasons of dollhouse.
tongue_smile.gif

May 11, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #6 of 47
And yes I think too that "Firefly" is superior but "Dollhouse" is not far behind imho. Alltough I am a sci-fi fan so...here comes. I dont know if I am allowed to post youtube link's here but this video has some nice info on the scientific backends of dollhouse and some other interesting technologies.

YouTube - TechnoCalyps: Transhuman Part 3

May 11, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #8 of 47
Well that sucks, but does not surprise me - FOX is infamous for cancelling its best shows. As a matter of fact they cut the cord on "Firefly" as-well. I do think that FOX's board of directors or whomever they might be who decide these things in FOX are a bunch of clueless donkeys.

They have no nose for good carrots
frown.gif

May 11, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #10 of 47
Agree on the Dushku issue. I find that Sierra and Victor are better and more interesting characters but then again Dushku is a classic Whedon heroine abit annoying but I can live through it. Also I found the first 2 episodes to be completely not my thing but somehow I adjusted myself and started to like its theme.

As for the animal liberation font thing and pissing on to every corporations bread-plate. Well if we do not do that the science will lose and will be very slow. The other method is to wait for a 3rd world war and to let the other side do all the dirty work and then call them axis of evil or something like that.

But it is true that we lack ethics and compassion is science or as a species alltogether.

P.S Love thy neighbour or else!
angry_face.gif

May 11, 2009 at 11:32 AM Post #11 of 47
I only saw the first episode and thought it was absolutely terrible. Didn't give it a second chance.

May 11, 2009 at 12:23 PM Post #12 of 47
As a big Whedon fan, Dollhouse is his weakest imo, although still watchable. I agree that it has gotten better as the season progressed. Sierra is my personal fav too. The recycling of Battlestar Galactica & Firefly actors does not serve me well as they are still too identifiable with their previous characters.

The show does bring up some interesting thoughts about science & morality though. My latest thought has to do with brain chemistry. If one's personality is transplanted into a body with a certain bio-chemical propensity (alcoholism, bi-polar, etc.), wouldn't that effect the net result? Given that we all have such different biochemical makeups, this would affect just about every transplant, and never actually result in the same total personality as the original, no?

May 11, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #15 of 47
I'm gonna miss seeing where this show could have gone. Maybe CW will pick it up, or they can sell it in syndication. Friday night was a terrible time slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back