Doing a headphone trade tomorrow with another head-fi user
Mar 2, 2011 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Gorgatron

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys. Tomorrow I'm sending in my beyerdynamic dt 990's for a pair of akg k701's.

http://www.head-fi.org/user/yuceka

That is the user who has the AKG's. We agreed I would ship them first and text him the confirmation number and then he would ship them the same day right after me. I know he has +4 rep but does this sound OK with you guys? It's my first time doing this so I want to make sure this is done right. I have his number and address and name of course. His rep seems legit.

Mar 2, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 26
Honestly most people here are reliable people. I have only seen three people banned for being bad traders over 5 years. I would say that 1 or 2 feedback is enough to show that you can handle a transaction well. 4 seems great, and remember that some people are not constantly buying and selling. 

I have never done a trade before, but the few times that I have considered it, I always found myself requiring more feedback than purely purchasing, as there is relatively small risk to a buyer, and most sellers that I buy from already have feedback due to owning more gear.

Mar 2, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #3 of 26
True. Just wondering if anyone else did this.

Quote:
Honestly most people here are reliable people. I have only seen three people banned for being bad traders over 5 years. I would say that 1 or 2 feedback is enough to show that you can handle a transaction well. 4 seems great, and remember that some people are not constantly buying and selling. 

I have never done a trade before, but the few times that I have considered it, I always found myself requiring more feedback than purely purchasing, as there is relatively small risk to a buyer, and most sellers that I buy from already have feedback due to owning more gear.

Mar 2, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #4 of 26
Let us know how everything goes with your trade. 
wink.gif

Mar 2, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #5 of 26
Yuceka is an active member. If there's anyone to trust here, its active forum members. I'd only be wary of those who are new and inactive.

I've done one trade: My DT880 for a K701. Zero issues. (Though this happened before the feedback option was available).

I'd have +6 by now... Oh well.

Mar 2, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #6 of 26
I've been wondering about this myself. What can be done if a you agree to make a trade, and you ship out your headphones but the other user does not?

Mar 2, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #8 of 26
I've done trades for paint ball gear that was worth nearly $1000 before. Went smooth...key is to make sure the other person is trusted like stated already. Keep all your PM's and/or emails/text messages and if something did happen...well...just hang on to that stuff just in case...but it seems like in this case you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Mar 2, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #9 of 26
Thanks for the reply guys. I just got an email with the confirmation from USPS from him and its supposed to come this Friday.

Mar 4, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #10 of 26
I just received the AKG K701's. Very comfortable and I'm liking them already.

Mar 4, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #11 of 26
I'm glad your transaction went well.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Mar 5, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #14 of 26

Users who are viewing this thread

Back