Does Uncle Erik & Dugeh still post here?
Jun 18, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #46 of 69
Cheers Erik! How is posting from the iPad?

Jun 18, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #49 of 69

Quote:
Doug you are one of the most respected members on Headfi.. i don't always agree with you.. & you piss me off at times.. But that changes nothing.

I can say the same with Uncle Eric. It is all good.

Jun 18, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #50 of 69
As much as Duggeh and Uncle Eric have some brilliant posts, there still are some interesting threads to be found. I prefer to dig for more music and sometimes check out something new. 

Other than that I still do not like the 'new' Head-Fi. Oh well...

Jun 18, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #52 of 69

Quote:
Other than that I still do not like the 'new' Head-Fi. Oh well...

This kind of reminds me of when Headroom made a new site and added brands we don't particularly like, to a lesser degree I suppose. The new format doesn't really bother me. It's relatively navigable so not much to complain about. I'd be surprised if the complaints didn't die down before the end of August. Yes, Head-Fi is technically a business. It costs money to run these forums, increasingly so with a larger number of people joining and posting. Ads are the most sensible solution to pay for them; how many of you would like to pay an annual fee to read the forums?

Jun 19, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #53 of 69
Quote:
This kind of reminds me of when Headroom made a new site and added brands we don't particularly like, to a lesser degree I suppose. The new format doesn't really bother me. It's relatively navigable so not much to complain about. I'd be surprised if the complaints didn't die down before the end of August. Yes, Head-Fi is technically a business. It costs money to run these forums, increasingly so with a larger number of people joining and posting. Ads are the most sensible solution to pay for them; how many of you would like to pay an annual fee to read the forums?

I would not mind paying if the website and methods for paying were save enough. It would make Head-Fi less accessible but since I am into Head-Fi, if it works and you get some benefits why not?

Jun 19, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #55 of 69
I find my self posting less and less here since not only I do not like the new look but I miss some of the old features. Another annoying issue is being logged off all the time due to cookies or something like it.

Jun 19, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #56 of 69

Quote:
 how many of you would like to pay an annual fee to read the forums?

I am already a contributor to head-fi.org, thanks!

The new site was a turn off at first and I miss the vbulletin functionality when posting, but I do prefer the coloring and layout to an extent. I agree with others about things being spaced apart a bit too much, but I don't mind.

Jun 19, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #57 of 69

Quote:
I can say the same with Uncle Eric. It is all good.

nicely said 
smile_phones.gif

Sorry, I quoted a wrong one. 

Jun 20, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #59 of 69
Oh no... does this mean we're going to have to have another discussion on the merits of the iPad? :)

In short, I love it. I had buyer's remorse carrying it out of the store. 'Am I actually going to use this thing?'

And I do. Lots. I bought the Apple carrying case and the Bluetooth keyboard. It weighs about two pounds total and the combo is almost unnoticeable in my briefcase. I never carried the laptop because it's a bit too heavy, inconvenient, the battery doesn't last that long, and I'm not always in range of usable WiFi.

This is the 3G iPad, so I can go online anywhere in Los Angeles. I can get about 10 hours out of this thing and using the keyboard along with the gestures is a much faster browsing experience than the laptop gives. I'm completely sold and the laptop has been sitting unused next to the nightstand for weeks.

I'm thinking about unloading the laptop to pay for one of those new Minis.

Jun 20, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #60 of 69
Yeah, the Mac Mini is the only Mac computer that has ever interested me. Not totally sure why, but it's always just seemed so versatile and usable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back