Does Uncle Erik & Dugeh still post here?
Jun 13, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #7 of 69
Duggeh has posted in the impressions thread of CanJam, but not much more, and it's been a while since Uncle Erik has posted, personally I hope they post more in the future.

Jun 13, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #8 of 69
Indeed. Duggeh. Although please, just call me Doug.

I've made a couple of posts in the Canjam forum. I also (only briefly at the end of Sunday) met uncle erik at Canjam. I also met Jude, who is a fine chap.

I very much dislike Huddler-Fi.

I might come back, but really I was getting to irritated too often at the waves of rubbish I had to sift through and that manifested in my posting becoming bitter, confrontational and exasperated. So I thought it better to just stop reading in the first place.

Call it "grumpy old member disease" or whatever. I know its a choice which is not limited to a small number of people and I'll bet there were people joined in 2001 who felt the same way in 2005. Consider me on hiatus rather than gone.

Jun 13, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #9 of 69
judging from these posts: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/490984/petition-i-would-like-the-old-site-back-or-other-choice/135

i don't think erik will be posting here again

Jun 14, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #10 of 69
Quote:
I might come back, but really I was getting to irritated too often at the waves of rubbish I had to sift through and that manifested in my posting becoming bitter, confrontational and exasperated. So I thought it better to just stop reading in the first place.

Call it "grumpy old member disease" or whatever. I know its a choice which is not limited to a small number of people and I'll bet there were people joined in 2001 who felt the same way in 2005. Consider me on hiatus rather than gone.

Yeh. Take some time off, chillax, come back in a year. Why not? 
smile_phones.gif

Jun 14, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #11 of 69
can't blame em. The bright layout  made me visit the site less and less when it first was introduced.

Jun 14, 2010 at 7:05 AM Post #13 of 69
I am only spending about 10-15 minutes a day now on headfi instead of my average 3-5 hours before LOL the new version of the site is just not as easy to get around IMO and gets annoying after a while. I haven't even noticed who has been posting anymore because of this interface change.

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #14 of 69
I spend much less time on this site.. It's all about marketing now.. We had a tight nit community, not anymore.. & now my computer is on the fritz..Now my web brower has been corrupted..Websites like wiki lead me to Ads which i can't get out of.. My computer is now overwhelmed with virusus among other things..This only happened after the site change.. Was this even tested.. It's more of a BETA then anything else.. So today I'm getting my computer fixed.. I'm using my lap top to write this..

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #15 of 69
I get warnings about blocked viruses every time my browser loads pages from head-fi. I'm not saying these couldn't be false alarms, but it hardly inspires confidence...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back