Does the devil wear Prada...or Phiaton?
Nov 23, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #152 of 179

Quote:
Vikings- late 8th to mid-11th century
Medieval (Middle) Age - 5th to 15th century.

Source: quick perusal of relevant wikipedia articles.  Could be wrong.

The european viking ages  ended around 1150, and the medieval times took over as most of the "heathens" had  ben turned to christianity, it is however true that the medieval times began earlier in eastern an southern regions of what was the known world back then, this however had no effect upon the viking except they traded with/pillaged them a few times, an received gifts from travelers/explorers from spain italy and greece.

Quote:
i totally lost track of this thread a few pages ago... how exactly did we go from headphones to vikings anyways?

My bad i think, because i mentioned the fact that I'm a viking, and people seemed to get curious :)

Nov 23, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #153 of 179
Nov 24, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #154 of 179

Quote:
The european viking ages  ended around 1150, and the medieval times took over as most of the "heathens" had  ben turned to christianity, it is however true that the medieval times began earlier in eastern an southern regions of what was the known world back then, this however had no effect upon the viking except they traded with/pillaged them a few times, an received gifts from travelers/explorers from spain italy and greece.

My bad i think, because i mentioned the fact that I'm a viking, and people seemed to get curious :)

Viking's haven't existed for 100's of years but hey whatever floats your dragon boat Victor. Just a wild guess, you're into Tyr Ensiferum Finntroll and Korpiklaani aren't you?
rolleyes.gif

Nov 24, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #155 of 179

Quote:

Viking's haven't existed for 100's of years but hey whatever floats your dragon boat Victor. Just a wild guess, you're into Tyr Ensiferum Finntroll and Korpiklaani aren't you?
rolleyes.gif

As in ye oldie plundering and pillaging Vikings, no those haven't been around for almost a thousand years, but the Danish type (minus the plundering bit) whom were a trading culture with a pretty grim form of humor so to speak (and pretty violent) still exists to the extends possible. People who genuinely believe in the old gods and have large fares and battles regularly.
As far as music goes: Tyr and Morpiklaani yes, the others, not so much :)

Nov 24, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #157 of 179

Quote:
Alright, fellas, let's get this one back on topic. You must've misread "Prada" as "Hardrada."

Tried...people didn't seem to want to. But right. Does anyone know of anything on the face of the earth that could justify this 'scam'? New materials or sound - or is as bad a joke as it seems? :p

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #158 of 179

Quote:

Tried...people didn't seem to want to. But right. Does anyone know of anything on the face of the earth that could justify this 'scam'? New materials or sound - or is as bad a joke as it seems? :p

JUSTIFY????????????????????????????????????????????????????

THIS ISN'T EVEN JUSTIFIABLE... unless you make enough to buy a Ferrari... but that just means you have way too much money to burn...

Nov 24, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #159 of 179

Quote:

JUSTIFY????????????????????????????????????????????????????

THIS ISN'T EVEN JUSTIFIABLE... unless you make enough to buy a Ferrari... but that just means you have way too much money to burn...

Even then, if you had that sort of money you should buy a Stax SR009 with a Blue Hawaii amp or something xD

Nov 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #160 of 179

Buying a Ferrari means you buy pretty much a bespoke car. Everything is put together by hand, in limited quantities, and few models are ever the same. I haven't built a car by hand, but that doesn't mean I'm disqualified from making a judgement on this statement. If I decide to make a fine car, and guarantee you that it's going to be a rare car, what should be the price on that? It has the performance to back the price.

No, these cans are more along the lines of Aston-Martin taking a Toyota iQ that costs $20k USD, putting their name on it, and reselling it for $50k USD.. To add to the madness Paris designers made it more... Parisian designer.

Edit: just so you know, this incident does have a very specific reason for happening, but I digress. The reason is in the article, and it's honestly quite sad they had to do this, but it is a fine point to be made, regardless.

Nov 24, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #161 of 179
What I was trying to say is these headphones are for people who have the extra money  and don't mind spending the extra money for the "swag" that comes with the Prada name

Nov 24, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #162 of 179

Quote:
What I was trying to say is these headphones are for people who have the extra money  and don't mind spending the extra money for the "swag" that comes with the Prada name

As I said a page or two back, if I had millions I wouldn't waste my time on a Phiaton headphone that's been rebranded with the name Prada. Common sense dictates that if I want killer sounding gear I would have to go to an electronics company whose known for manufacturing killer sounding gear not a fashion house whose known for making chic handbags. You only have to browse around the summit fi forums to know there are enough people doing exactly that.

Nov 24, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #163 of 179

Quote:
As I said a page or two back, if I had millions I wouldn't waste my time on a Phiaton headphone that's been rebranded with the name Prada. Common sense dictates that if I want killer sounding gear I would have to go to an electronics company whose known for manufacturing killer sounding gear not a fashion house whose known for making chic handbags. You only have to browse around the summit fi forums to know there are enough people doing exactly that.

That is the audiophile perspective, but if you look at someone who cares only for fashion, I think it's obvious which they will take.

Nov 24, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #164 of 179

Quote:
That is the audiophile perspective (and people who don't care about fashion/brands), but if you look at someone who cares only for fashion, I think it's obvious which they will take.

True.
I think people would say that those are chinese fakes anyway.

Nov 24, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #165 of 179

Quote:
True.
I think people would say that those are chinese fakes anyway.

Well once again, I'd say it depends. Cuz if you're someone who cares enough about fashion to get these Prada's then you're probably in a circle of friends who, like you, follow fashion and know of their existence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back