Does the devil wear Prada...or Phiaton?
Nov 18, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #121 of 179

Quote:
Its a job on campus, it was originally filled, but I am friends with some of the professors, and I called in a favor. Eventually, I managed to get this IT job.

lucky you :p It's a pity I wouldn't be able to do majority of the part times out there as they demand the use of the legs quite often, it sucks

Nov 18, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #122 of 179

Quote:
Heh, what i did to fend off the Beats people was to start wearing fullsize flagships, not IEMs to school, so my current school cans are Beyer T1 and Denon D7000 running off a balanced PB2 amp...So if any of them even dare dispute my supremacy, I'll let them have a listen, and after seeing them pick their jaw up off the floor and mumble something about them being "okay", its all the money worth, is so priceless when one of those numbskulls finally realize who's got the long end of the stick 
very_evil_smiley.gif

But anyway, Prada, you're not even welcome in hell - the Devil actually likes music according to the Catholic books on Demonology (Yes - i read strange things) so he probably would like these these rebrands very much, except for making imbecile consumer's lives that much more rediculous...But in hell people wear Grados...You know...For heavy metal (Or to be completely correct "loud kakophonic symphonies of destuction")...Any way... 
biggrin.gif

Haha you're awesome. If I ever saw anyone wear the T1s outside I'd stop dead on my track and stare. Please continue improving society.

Nov 19, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #123 of 179

Quote:

Imagine if they did. Beats plus 300% markup equals...

It's called "Beats Executive"
http://www.acquiremag.com/tech/headphones/beats-by-dre-executive.php

Nov 19, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #124 of 179

Quote:
I agree with you, but still people who say that mostly are not in the position to buy in that price range. 
Maybe you are a billionaire who is very reasonable and doesn't buy what they are trying to sell.
But if that isn't the case, i think that your attitude would change if i were to give you 20 million$ in cash.
That is my fashion of seeing thing and it is not to be taken the wrong way.

With all do respect if I had millions of dollars I wouldn't be wasting my time on some rebrand Prada headphone. I'd be out buying B&W and Paradigm speakers to pair with Bryston Mackintosh and Moon Audio stereo equipment. Then I'd go out and buy gear like a Blue Hawaii, Red Wine Isabellina, Leben CS-300X, Lehmann Black Cube Linear, Eddie Current Balancing Act, or a Woo amp to pair with my new STAX Omega2, T1, HD800 LCD3, Grado PS1000, Hifiman HE500 or HE6 headphones. For on the go listening I'd go buy an Edition 8 and run it through my iPhone using a Fostex HP-P1. I'd go out and spend big money on killer sounding gear not on a Phiaton headphone that's been rebranded with the name Prada. In my opinion people who buy this headphone aren't even real music lovers they're just fashionistas. If you're one of the lucky few who can afford to spend big money on audio gear I say more power to you. The point is these Prada headphones are just a huge waste of time and money. If I had millions yes I would let my wife buy her high priced designer cloths from Prada but I wouldn't let her buy audio equipment from a fashion house. You want killer sounding audio gear common sense dictates you go to an established audio company whose known for making killer sounding equipment not a fashion house whose known for making chic handbags.

Quote:
So forgive me for not being all current with fashion accessory pricing... but even with the markup isn't that cheap for Prada?

Here's the punchline, you're probably right
blink.gif

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #125 of 179

Quote:
Here's the punchline, you're probably right
blink.gif

The irony of it all, ohh well, if we think that these headphones are aimed at people who buy $1000 handbags I guess it makes sense, heck it might even be a steal for those people

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #126 of 179

Quote:

FLAGSHIPS
eek.gif
JEALOUSY! Right now in my mind, you are a rich bum to be able to pay for your tuition and flagships T_T

Haha ^^
Thing is, in Denmark you don't pay for education (not directly anyways) and I've been dealing newspapers and making quite a profit off buying and selling stuff...And voila...I started in HiFi were 13 (I'm 18 now) and got a job,  and bought a cheap surround sound system, and then I just kept saving up so now I have the best sound i could ever wish for...And the power to kick Dr. Dre's and the other phonies' arses :D

Nov 19, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #127 of 179

Quote:
Haha you're awesome. If I ever saw anyone wear the T1s outside I'd stop dead on my track and stare. Please continue improving society.

Haha thank you - I'd love to see that xD
I've already turned one to the dark side! He bought a Denon D2000 and a Fiio E11 and let me hit his Beats By Dre with a sledgehammer on my anvil...Just for the heck of it ^^
Now I'm working on making more people realize what theyre missing - I realised most of them can remain ignorant to the mid-fi cans like sennheiser HD 598 and Beyer DT880 so i thought I'd just take it to the max...And its working! Because with the flagships all the things are there: Good looks, high price, night and day difference in sound quality and buld quality... I think its the way to go for anyone who can afford to :)

Nov 19, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #128 of 179

Quote:
Haha ^^
Thing is, in Denmark you don't pay for education (not directly anyways) and I've been dealing newspapers and making quite a profit off buying and selling stuff...And voila...I started in HiFi were 13 (I'm 18 now) and got a job,  and bought a cheap surround sound system, and then I just kept saving up so now I have the best sound i could ever wish for...And the power to kick Dr. Dre's and the other phonies' arses :D

wait wait wait, so there is no education fee in denmark? 0_o i think that's a good reason to move out of Canada

Nov 19, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #129 of 179

Quote:
Haha thank you - I'd love to see that xD
I've already turned one to the dark side! He bought a Denon D2000 and a Fiio E11 and let me hit his Beats By Dre with a sledgehammer on my anvil...Just for the heck of it ^^
Now I'm working on making more people realize what theyre missing - I realised most of them can remain ignorant to the mid-fi cans like sennheiser HD 598 and Beyer DT880 so i thought I'd just take it to the max...And its working! Because with the flagships all the things are there: Good looks, high price, night and day difference in sound quality and buld quality... I think its the way to go for anyone who can afford to :)

THIS JUST MADE MY DAY :D

Nov 19, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #132 of 179

Quote:
With all do respect if I had millions of dollars I wouldn't be wasting my time on some rebrand Prada headphone. I'd be out buying B&W and Paradigm speakers to pair with Bryston Mackintosh and Moon Audio stereo equipment. Then I'd go out and buy gear like a Blue Hawaii, Red Wine Isabellina, Leben CS-300X, Lehmann Black Cube Linear, Eddie Current Balancing Act, or a Woo amp to pair with my new STAX Omega2, T1, HD800 LCD3, Grado PS1000, Hifiman HE500 or HE6 headphones. For on the go listening I'd go buy an Edition 8 and run it through my iPhone using a Fostex HP-P1. I'd go out and spend big money on killer sounding gear not on a Phiaton headphone that's been rebranded with the name Prada. In my opinion people who buy this headphone aren't even real music lovers they're just fashionistas. If you're one of the lucky few who can afford to spend big money on audio gear I say more power to you. The point is these Prada headphones are just a huge waste of time and money. If I had millions yes I would let my wife buy her high priced designer cloths from Prada but I wouldn't let her buy audio equipment from a fashion house. You want killer sounding audio gear common sense dictates you go to an established audio company whose known for making killer sounding equipment not a fashion house whose known for making chic handbags.

I deeply apologise, i forgot that i am on Head-Fi.org here.

But still, do think that people even if we think that Prada is garbage chic handbag company, rebranding headphones, phones and cars, will still have a certain temptation to buy these instead of the Phiatons (for obvious reasons). Even we all know it's the same thing. And if the wallet agrees of course. 
I personally don't hope so (for myself), as i have always been a very "economical" person, thinking about purchases (even L9) more than once. Not because i can't, but because i want to be sure.
But money and power change people (even if we don't want to admit it) it holds true again and again.

This is just a personal opinion.

Nov 19, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #133 of 179
Actually, if I had lots of money I wouldn't buy the Prada version. I would buy the Phiatons, just so that I would know I'm not a complete idiot who pays 350$ for a name. Money isn't supposed to decrease your logic capacities.

Nov 19, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #134 of 179

Quote:
Actually, if I had lots of money I wouldn't buy the Prada version. I would buy the Phiatons, just so that I would know I'm not a complete idiot who pays 350$ for a name. Money isn't supposed to decrease your logic capacities.

Often it does.....very often.
Believe me.....

Nov 19, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #135 of 179
If I had a million dollars, I'd invest in a home and build a listening room with proper isolation and acoustics, and leave this silly head-fi world altogether. Well, except for portable use, in which case I'd probably buy customs or something. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back