Does the devil wear Prada...or Phiaton?
Nov 16, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #77 of 179

Quote:
If Phiaton is in contract with them and allows them to rebrand and markup the prices, then that also speaks to their business structure and integrity. IF these are rebrands, essentially they're making decent headphones, selling them to prada to be given insane mark ups and passed off to the same market they marketed towards. All for money.
Unless this company is on the verge of sinking, I think it's kind of a dick move to knowingly allow your product to be given a new logo, sold for a ton more and not be any better in quality, to the very consumers that supported you to begin with.

Again, I have no idea if the two companies are working together. Even if they were, though, I'm not the least bit offended by it. I think it safe to say that overwhelmingly most "consumers that supported [Phiaton] to begin with" aren't going to be buying the Prada headphone.

I think anyone buying the Prada headphone is highly likely to be buying it because it's a Prada-branded thing, not so much for performance. That is, I think the typical Prada accessory-buying customer understands that there's a high premium being paid for the brand.

I don't think I've heard the PS320, but I have heard the MS400, and thought it was good. Now consider this: Prada could slap their brand on a crappy headphone, and Prada fans would likely still buy it. Assuming this is a Phiaton headphone (and, again, I have no idea if that's the case here), I don't see how it's a "dick move," as the buyer would at least be getting a good, quality headphone when they'd likely just have been willing to buy a bad one with the Prada branding/logo. Depending on how you look at it, then, it could be said Phiaton is doing the Prada customer a favor here. 
smile.gif

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #78 of 179
2x

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #79 of 179
Nov 16, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #80 of 179
I know a Phiaton insider and indeed it's a Phiaton remake with the same PS320 driver with some altercations to the headband and some headpieces. I hope Phiaton doesn't cringe when they only receive a few orders per month from Prada.....who's gonna buy these?

Though I have to say that Phiaton products aren't popular enough with the average audio customer to even notice that the Prada headphones are almost the same as the PS320s. Sad....I wish Phiaton would be more widespread....they make good product.

Nov 16, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #82 of 179
that's my question though, are people really going to buy those at $600? maybe when they compare them to the other prada items in the store they'll go "ahh, what an inexpensive headphone!" 
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #83 of 179
I'm still waiting for Grado's "Ron Burgundy Mahogany" Edition RS-1s.

Nov 16, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #85 of 179

Quote:
I was looking at Prada online store ,,
I noticed prada frbric pouches are more thans $200!! That's probably another reason why it's so expensive!

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #87 of 179

Quote:
i will never understand fashion

Me either. The most expensive things I own are electronics (headphones and laptops), and I buy those according to features and quality... not because they're hip or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back