Does the devil wear Prada...or Phiaton?
Nov 14, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #17 of 179

Quote:
That HAS to be a re-brand.

Waiting for Versace-Moda!

Was actually thinking the same thing. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:21 AM Post #20 of 179
 I hope the Devil wears these. I like Phiaton, and if Prada marked these up 440 dollars, they deserve to dine with the devil for a night
rolleyes.gif

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #23 of 179

Quote:
ROFL this could be nominated for biggest rip-off of the century.
A $440 mark-up for a different name? Seriously?

And these will sell like hotcakes, just wait until your local heiress spots these.
blink.gif

But wait these will mess up said person's hair, so maybe they wont sell lol.

Nov 14, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #24 of 179
If they are in fact a Phiaton rebrand they do sound good. Beats price / quality ratio is awful and so is this new Prada phone...but if people are going to pay for fashion at least they'll get decent sound with it, too.

(That is...if they are a rebrand. If not...sue the hell out of them Phiaton)
Quote:
Prada is now into headphones..................somebody pinch me I think I'm having a nightmare
blink.gif

Why do I see a bunch of rich people running around flashing their Prada cans telling everyone because it's a Prada its the best sounding headphone money can buy. The Beats people are going to be livid. Jude any idea if these cans actually sound good?

Nov 14, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #26 of 179
My theory:

Prada is an anagram for DARPA, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, formed in response to Sputnik, which has been proactively developing technology for the military for 55 years.  Where does all the money come from for the research though?  Enter Prada.  Selling bags that cost 40$ to manufacture at upwards of $3000, their staggering profit margin enable them to fund over 2/3rds of DARPA's operating budget.

So remember, when you wear PRADA - you're wearing America.

Nov 14, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #27 of 179

Quote:

Imagine if they did. Beats plus 300% markup equals...

I rather not, it's like the nightmares I had back when I was 5...scary.

On a more serious note, if that happened the company would probably get NUKED by Monster and Dre, lawsuits here we come.

Nov 14, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #28 of 179
That right there made my day, thank you!
Quote:
My theory:

Prada is an anagram for DARPA, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, formed in response to Sputnik, which has been proactively developing technology for the military for 55 years.  Where does all the money come from for the research though?  Enter Prada.  Selling bags that cost 40$ to manufacture at upwards of $3000, their staggering profit margin enable them to fund over 2/3rds of DARPA's operating budget.

Nov 14, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #29 of 179

Quote:
My theory:

CRAPA is also an anagram for Prada if you swap the D for a C 

Nov 14, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #30 of 179
If this is the way headphones go mainstream, I'm not sure I even want it to happen. First we have the beats and their terrible (but somehow popular) headphones, then these overpriced seemingly re-branded phones. The phiaton is actually good, but that high of a markup is crazy. IF this isn't a rebrand, they better have some damn good drivers in there and be able to compete with the phiaton they're ripping off of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back