Does the demagnetizer really work?
Jul 6, 2003 at 7:41 PM Post #47 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
go to http://www.densen.dk/ and from the menu choose "products" and then "demagic"

This disc really does work, I've had mine for about 7 years and it's really fantastic. It does what it claims it does.

Pinkie.

Thanks PF. I am reading the Stereophile review of this device now. to say I am a little skeptical would be quite an understatement, but I trust you enough to read and consider.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2003 at 11:29 PM Post #48 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by Tomcat
Doug,

This test of yours might not be conclusive. I have compared several copies of the same CD, and they didn't sound identical. It was close, and there was obviously no re-mastering involved, but they were different. Why? I don't know. Different production runs?

Check the years of release on them, maybe are rom different production dates, but if they are from the same production line at the same year, is very hard to get a difference, they are pressed not burned, and all of them are ususally pressed on the same place, unless one of them is defective, of course.....

Jul 7, 2003 at 12:24 AM Post #49 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
go to http://www.densen.dk/ and from the menu choose "products" and then "demagic"

This disc really does work, I've had mine for about 7 years and it's really fantastic. It does what it claims it does.

Pinkie.

Are you sure this link works, I can't get the left menu, just a grey rectangle ......

Jul 7, 2003 at 12:37 AM Post #50 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
Are you sure this link works, I can get the left menu, just a grey rectangle ......

Perhaps a Java problem? Try the following instead.

Densen DeMagic:
http://www.densen.dk/products/demagic/demagic.htm

TravelLite

Jul 7, 2003 at 1:16 AM Post #51 of 68
B0000009F3.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Sheffield Labs, released this some time ago, is on a gold CD, 20bit master, the sound is really impresive, on the music tracks, of course, and it demagnetizes the whole system, I think is more or less the same and you can find it even in Amazon, at least I got it there....

Jul 7, 2003 at 1:19 AM Post #52 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
at least I got it there....

does it work at all there Alberto? Would you recommend it or not?

Jul 7, 2003 at 3:22 AM Post #53 of 68
Doug:
Yes it works, and I still have it, and use it. When I got it the first time, my system was sounding like a little bit fuzzy, dull, opaque, of course I did not noticed that, as this is a gradual process, I just get it for curiosity, and after played it two times, one on the CD player and one on the DVD player, the sound became cleaner, more transparent, the hights were more crisp and the bass was deeper and tight, after that I have been playing it as a regular basis once a week or so, ( they recomended once a month IIRC, but not with our use, or abuse or the music) but definitelly it worked for me the first time, wonderful, it was the second time a tweak have worked for me, after the I replaced the original crappy IC that came with the equipments for the ones I have now....I was tryig to get a link for you to get it, but I was not able to get it, it is out of print and most of the times sold out, if you want to try it, I can send you a copy (just PM me if you are interested in trying it free of charge)

Jul 7, 2003 at 11:24 AM Post #55 of 68
Well I received it as a gift so IME, this did not apply, I'm very reluctant to tweaks, as I consider myself that most of them are in fact snake oil, and part of the audio voodoo, but this one simply have worked in my system and to my ears....period, if you want to believe it, is OK, and if not, is OK too....just be happy the way you are, period.

Jul 7, 2003 at 12:09 PM Post #56 of 68
If you want system demag track you can get the Ayre/Cardas IBE cd which also contains other functions (I have one):

Cardas IBE

If you want to be Mr Tweak they also sell a CD Matt called "SID"
which Music Direct promote heavily (don't own one):

SID

Be interested if someone has/gets this if it has any positive effect on CD playback.

Jul 7, 2003 at 12:31 PM Post #57 of 68
DarkAngel,

I have posted a comment on the SID on page one of this thread. I didn't like it at all.

And I have described my experiences with the SID in greater detail atAudio Asylum. But, of course, there are others who have been very pleased with the SID's sound. Just do a search on Audio Asylum.

Jul 7, 2003 at 7:19 PM Post #58 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
If you want system demag track you can get the Ayre/Cardas IBE cd which also contains other functions (I have one):

Cardas IBE

DarkAngel,

What did you think of the benefits or results of this particular disc? Would you reco it as something viable?

Jul 7, 2003 at 7:31 PM Post #59 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
If you want system demag track you can get the Ayre/Cardas IBE cd which also contains other functions (I have one)

Hmmm...I wonder what a demagnetizer disk would do to Virtual Dynamics cables, which use magnets...
confused.gif

Jul 7, 2003 at 8:15 PM Post #60 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
DarkAngel,
What did you think of the benefits or results of this particular disc? Would you reco it as something viable?

Very minor if any improvement for me.............the Bedini Ultra II made more difference, and that was only very minor.

Tomcat
Thanks for info on SID

Users who are viewing this thread

Back