does every rapper have to have a pair of dr dre beats?
Aug 12, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #16 of 78

Quote:
"And the sales numbers are legit." annoys me more than the fact he's using Beats. I hate the use of "legit" as a noun. Yes, I would hope those sales numbers aren't made up Mr. Adams.

The word "legit" is used as an adjective to describe the coumpound noun "sales numbers".

Aug 12, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #19 of 78
Really doubtful!
But then again I am not into these Dr. Dre Beats and do not follow who have one or not...

Aug 12, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #20 of 78

Quote:
best quote of the day (thumbs up)

Quote:
+1 on quote of the day

Hahaha, thanks you guys.  I presume that my certificate of achievement is in the mail, right?

Quote:
<Kid I tutor> WHOA HOW MUCH ARE YOUR HEADPHONES?

<Me> More than the Beats

<Kid> DAWG HOW LOUD DO THEY GO

<Me> ... 

The hilarious part is that your Senns probably reach several higher Earth-shaking degrees of magnitude, presuming that you use a powerful headphone amplifier and he surely doesn't.

And finally...
Quote:
I have returns where I work constantly. All snapped. Yet I still get gangster-esque people coming in asking "yo do u stock dem Dr Dre headphones init'

I did meet a lovely woman wanting to buy them for her husband, and directed her to the senn. hd650's - same price UK. He came and personally thanked me after comparing them with the beats.

The retail market needs more people like you around.  Far more people.

Aug 12, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #21 of 78

Quote:
Quote:
Kilgore-Trout said:

I have returns where I work constantly. All snapped. Yet I still get gangster-esque people coming in asking "yo do u stock dem Dr Dre headphones init'

I did meet a lovely woman wanting to buy them for her husband, and directed her to the senn. hd650's - same price UK. He came and personally thanked me after comparing them with the beats.

You get 1000 karma points. Good job.

x2

Aug 12, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #22 of 78
The giant chains, the diamond teeth, rapping out of time with the music and out of key, not being able to play an instrument or sing, its all the same really, would you expect this type of person to know the Beats are the worst headphones out there and that you only look trendy to other rappers, but you look like a fool to everyone else.  

Aug 12, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #23 of 78
^Monster Audio CDs, I have not heard them, how would one obtain them, seeing as they may clear this up?

I listened to the Monster Turbine Pro Gold... straight out of my Cowon S9, using multiple EQ effects, and leaving it flat... The texture of the bass seemed terribly thunky, they where not as musical as my KDE/250 and not as natural and resolving as my Etymotics... When you tack on a $400 price tag I ask, what do they have or do better? My answer was nothing, and as such, I wouldn't call them decent earphones... I like the looks and the tips of Monster Turbines, but since I am of the opinion that 'phones are for sound, none of that matters much.

No hard feelings, glad you like your popcorn, thanks for your response.

Aug 12, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #24 of 78

Quote:

The word "legit" is used as an adjective to describe the coumpound noun "sales numbers".

Yipes, stupid moment there.

Aug 12, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #25 of 78

Quote:
^Monster Audio CDs, I have not heard them, how would one obtain them, seeing as they may clear this up?

I listened to the Monster Turbine Pro Gold... straight out of my Cowon S9, using multiple EQ effects, and leaving it flat... The texture of the bass seemed terribly thunky, they where not as musical as my KDE/250 and not as natural and resolving as my Etymotics... When you tack on a $400 price tag I ask, what do they have or do better? My answer was nothing, and as such, I wouldn't call them decent earphones... I like the looks and the tips of Monster Turbines, but since I am of the opinion that 'phones are for sound, none of that matters much.

No hard feelings, glad you like your popcorn, thanks for your response.

Nope not at all.  For $400 you could almost get 2 pairs of Monster Coppers.  Oh well.  I can personally recommend the Ray Charles from the selection here.  They do carry some at Fry's.

http://www.monstermusic.com/

On a side note, some of the live stuff is mastered by underlings, not Noel Lee from what i heard.  Something to watch out for.

As for the KDE/250, not sure I could stand to have those in or on my ears.  Not exactly isolating from appearances.  For $140 I think DDMs and DBAs might be a good alternative as well.  Anyway, I have the Koss I want.  I'm glad you enjoy yours.

Aug 12, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #29 of 78

Quote:
So nobody seems interested by these?

http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5616

Certainly look better built is all I can say.  Daisy chained headphones, lol.

Aug 12, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #30 of 78

Quote:
So nobody seems interested by these?

http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5616

Searched the forum?
Should give you plenty of reading, and answers to your question. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back