Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
Mar 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #992 of 1,409
The Wa4 DAC-2 can be a pre-amp. It has a small remote control for volume, input selection, Balance, HT Bypass and a couple of other options. It has both RCA unbalanced and XLR Balanced outs.

Mar 30, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #994 of 1,409
Hi guys,

I just got a DAC-2. I'm hearing a constant 0.5-1s delay in the output relative to what I see on my computer screen. This is not problematic for audio play back but when I'm trying to watch movies or watch video clips online, it becomes a huge annoyance due to video and audio not in sync. Do you guys know how I can correct this issue? Thanks in advance

Mar 30, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #995 of 1,409
I had similar problem years ago with my HTPC. I would start with unistalling DAC drivers and clearing registry with for example jv16 power tools and then restarting PC and installing drivers again.

If this does not help quick re installation of OS will defo solve your problem.

Also easy way of testing is taking your DAC to different PC and making sure it is working no problem there.

Good luck

Mar 30, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #996 of 1,409
My DAC-2 has never done that
It sounds more like a software issue, like sebna advised
Start trouble-shooting ...
might try to provide a bit more details about your setup
rolleyes.gif

Mar 30, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #998 of 1,409
My bad, should have provided more details.

I'm using a MBP retina with usb out. I play audio using amarra and video using VLC player. There are no options to adjust output from the macbook to the DAC. So I'm not sure what is wrong in the chain. I've never noticed the same problem using inferior dacs such as the schiit bifrost

Update:

I have just formatted my macbook and the same issue still persist. no idea what to do. Help guys?

Mar 31, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #999 of 1,409
I don't say I'm right, but I have a W4S DAC-2 and my experience is consistent with yours. And that is exactly what I expect to happen.

One of the features of the W4S as I read about it was how it handles a USB inputted signal. It stores the sound in a buffer and re-clocks it and then sends it out. This takes a few milliseconds compared to the way the other inputs pass the signal. I know exactly what you are talking about. When I use Airplay to all my rooms, if the W4S is using the USB input the sound is delayed. But try another input and you will see there is no delay.

I have used the USB output of my MacBook Pro to the W4S. But I have also used the optical output directly from the laptop. You can get an adapter cable to go from the smaller Toslink plug of the laptop to the standard square shape input of the W4S.

Everything you say about your setup suggests to me that there is nothing wrong at all. Try using the optical out (Toslink) of the MacBook when you are watching a movie and your problem will disappear. The jury is still out I think about which input on the W4S is the best anyway. I believe the whole purpose of making the W4S is so that the USB input can finally be as 'audio-quality' as the other inputs. That was not always the case.

Apr 1, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #1,003 of 1,409
We'll have to contact Clint. The group tends to focus on what counts and not what's trending. I'd like to see DSD playback capability.

Apr 6, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #1,005 of 1,409
No problem getting SPDIF out of a MACBook Pro. You need the optical cable adapter to use the HP out on the MBPro as the optical out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back