Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
Dec 22, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #1,351 of 1,409
I have not tried the DAC2 as a Pre-map. I need to get my hands on an amp and see how that goes.

Mar 12, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #1,353 of 1,409
No, but it does pair well with the HD800's

May 25, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #1,356 of 1,409
Hi guys, im enjoying a new-to-me W4S Dac-2 I have picked up this Saturday. The dac sounds great with HD800, Lyr2 w/ 60s telefunken e188cc.

I have a quesstion for those who have upgraded to DSDse. Do you see ton of improvement playing non-dsd but high-res files too?? Im reading that its a great updgrade, but it wasnt clear whether the sonic improvement came from playing the dsd files over non-dsd..

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

May 25, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #1,357 of 1,409
Hi guys, im enjoying a new-to-me W4S Dac-2 I have picked up this Saturday. The dac sounds great with HD800, Lyr2 w/ 60s telefunken e188cc.

I have a quesstion for those who have upgraded to DSDse. Do you see ton of improvement playing non-dsd but high-res files too?? Im reading that its a great updgrade, but it wasnt clear whether the sonic improvement came from playing the dsd files over non-dsd..

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

It is a noticeable upgrade. It is not 2X better though. You will get more definition and extension plus the ability to handle native DSD. If you go for the upgrade, spring for the additional Femto clocks too. Might as well max it out!

May 27, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #1,358 of 1,409
Going to Plunk my hat into the proverbial bowl here.  Bought a W4S DAC-2.  Mainly from the reviews floating out there on the net.  Partly from some of the reading here.

It is mated to a Woo WA-6 into HE560 headphones.

Soundstage is definitely upped with the DAC-2.  Instrument separation and dare I say dimensionality in a 3D sense are a big surprise here.

Next upgrade are going to be a trio of Shunyata Venom 3 :)

Big thanks to the posters in this thread (yes I have read all 92 pages!).

May 27, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #1,359 of 1,409
  Going to Plunk my hat into the proverbial bowl here.  Bought a W4S DAC-2.  Mainly from the reviews floating out there on the net.  Partly from some of the reading here.

Soundstage is definitely upped with the DAC-2.  Instrument separation and dare I say dimensionality in a 3D sense are a big surprise here.

Welcome to Head-Fi and congrats on the DAC2!

beerchug.gif

May 27, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #1,360 of 1,409

Welcome! I am also on board pretty recently on this W4S DAC2 boat! I have HE-500 that I have yet to try with the system! All I can say is that WOW it sounds amazing with HD800 paired with Lyr2 and some NOS tubes!

Dec 24, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #1,362 of 1,409
This DAC still competes very effectively. So far nothing for twice the price has bested it by any meaningful margin. I am still a big fan.

Dec 24, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #1,364 of 1,409
I have very little time on the TEAC. However, the W4S has much higher quality internal parts and a much bigger power supply. They are really not in the same category.

Dec 24, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #1,365 of 1,409
All I got from online reviews and those who tried it is that it has more pronounced bass and fuller lower midrange. Did you notice that? And those who tried Teac mentioned it did not have a character for its own, did not press on specific area,in the same time it was musical and enjoyable. Let me know what made you settle on W4S without letting electrical components bias our judgement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back