Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
Jun 7, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #1,145 of 1,409
Quote:
Isn't DSD a dead format like SACD?

I have no interest in it myself.  How about you?
L3000.gif

Jun 7, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #1,147 of 1,409
Some moons back, many of the albums I wanted to hear weren't on DVD-A or SACD. Save a very select few @ $100 a pop! Okay, maybe a few dollars 
size]
 less, but...

Jun 8, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #1,148 of 1,409
Someone here posted info on DSD from a studio/engineer source a while back and they did claim it was dead or the like.

Jun 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #1,149 of 1,409
I am wavering on the upgrades....I am really satisfied now. Other than my OCD for the latest thing, really am not sure if I will take the upgrade plunge....

Jun 8, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #1,150 of 1,409
Tried a custom USB data only cable (no power wire) with the DAC2 

Cant hear any difference - if there is any its too subtle for me to tell

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #1,151 of 1,409
I know someone who had the new DSD upgrade an is reporting back very good listening...............

Jun 16, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #1,152 of 1,409
Hello everyone!

New W4S DAC-2 user here.  I got the silver one as the supplier here does not have the black one on stock.  I have been reading through this thread for a while now until I have finally decided to get one for myself.

Out of the box I am loving the sound, well I have my hopes up since I was without a DAC and just had my amp and headphone connected straight to my laptop. And I know it will get better through burn-in.

I am using JRiver MC 18 currently and have a question, do i need to resample my music to 192k in the output format of JRiver? Currently majority of my files are 44.1khz and was wondering if I can tweak JRiver further to get the most out of it.  Apologies if this question has been asked before.

Thanks in advance.

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #1,153 of 1,409
I allow JRMC to send the music in whatever forn it was sampled. I do not upsample. No reason. It sounds great so I leave it that way.

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #1,154 of 1,409
Quote:
I allow JRMC to send the music in whatever forn it was sampled. I do not upsample. No reason. It sounds great so I leave it that way.

Thank you.  That's what I thought too.  

Question again for those using USB input, do you have the level as fixed or variable? 

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #1,155 of 1,409
Quote:

Quote:

Thank you.  That's what I thought too.  

Question again for those using USB input, do you have the level as fixed or variable? 

Fixed.  BTW.  This needs hours of break-in and it will get much better after that.  Not that it was bad out of the box but the improvement was noticeable.  Get yourself a descent USB cable as well.  You don't have to spend crazy money on it. I got the Cardas and got a deal on it while back and believe I paid under $100.

Quote:

X2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back