Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
May 3, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #31 of 1,409

Quote:
Mangler.  For sure the sound does change.  Mine only has about 100+ hours but it has been a steady improvement.  my sound stage really opened up about 50 hours in.

Man.  I started this thread and never mentioned I did buy the DAC2!  All good and highly recommended.  I too own the Woo WA22.  In about 6 weeks I will also have a Cavalli Liquid Fire!!

You gotta let us know how the Dac2 sounds with the Liquid Fire! I keep wanting to pull the trigger, but I spent all my funds on the Dac2 :frowning2: Maybe one day...

May 3, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #33 of 1,409

Quote:
My DAC-2 has been sitting in my house since last night.  I'm too busy to get to it!  Arrrrg!

Next time, send it to me so I can "break it in" for you.  
biggrin.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

One thing I'm not into is the looks.  Kinda ugly.

May 3, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #35 of 1,409
I too own a DAC Link III Stage IV mod.  I've been eying the DAC2, but looks like some of you feel they are very similar.  

May 4, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #36 of 1,409
I actually love the way the DAC2 looks.  It looks like you could drop it off a building or run it over with a tank. 

May 7, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #39 of 1,409
OK I finally got around to turning on the DAC-2 (only had it for a week in a box).  It only has a few hours on it at the moment and needs at least 100 more to break start to turn the corner  BUT from my experience with THETA Dacs this DAC is going to be a really nice performer. I'm already impressed with it and it has even been born yet.   I don't have my LCD's at the moment (had to send them back for exchange) but I'm listening to the DAC-2 on a speaker rig that I'm very familiar with and I am already smiling.

May 7, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #40 of 1,409
It's a nice piece of gear. It'd perform better if you throw in a decent Power Cable. Although I kinda hope  they build the DAC in difference shape,I mean put the display on the longer side so that i can stack up something loll 

May 7, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #41 of 1,409

Quote:
It's a nice piece of gear. It'd perform better if you throw in a decent Power Cable. Although I kinda hope  they build the DAC in difference shape,I mean put the display on the longer side so that i can stack up something loll 

Yeah I know what you mean by the longer side!    Wyred 4 Sound makes custom power cords, I wonder if anyone is using one with the DAC-2   
http://www.wyred4sound.com/webapps/p/74030/117839/545392

May 10, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #44 of 1,409
I will be using RCA out's soon when I take delivery on my Cavalli Liquid Fire amp.  Currently I'm using balanced with my Woo WA22.  I am using the fixed volume though.

Quote:
Anyone using the RCA outs and the variable volume on the DAC-2 for headphones?

May 10, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #45 of 1,409

Quote:
I will be using RCA out's soon when I take delivery on my Cavalli Liquid Fire amp.  Currently I'm using balanced with my Woo WA22.  I am using the fixed volume though.

I meant plugging in the headphones into the RCA outs with a cable adapter.   I'm doing that now for late night TV viewing with my daughters cans and until I can get my Violectric V200 for the LCD's.  Actually I haven't done it yet with the LCD's because my DAC just got here and the LCD's had to go back to exchange for another pair.

Liquid Fire huh?   Let me know how it sounds!  I'm very interested in it.  Depending on how the wind is blowing I might go with tubes but I'm pretty set on SS.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back