Does anyone else hate oversized sunglasses?
Jul 27, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #31 of 69
Saana, it looks great on you. Works better on rounder faces. If anyone with a sledge hammer approaches you, kick them in the nuts and put him in his place.
wink.gif

Confusing how these little things bother people. Really misdirected anger.

Jul 27, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #32 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvessel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Saana, it looks great on you. Works better on rounder faces. If anyone with a sledge hammer approaches you, kick them in the nuts and put him in his place.
wink.gif

I especially disgust my generation (where these sunglasses are typically being worn), and people in general only slightly less, hence my thoughts. Just about everyone around me is a mindless little trend-following automaton, so I have cause to be bitter and cynical.

I don't find any anger "misdirected". If you don't like something, you don't like it, no need to overanalyze things and try and "direct" that anger towards something else that's more "worthy" of anger, because then you'll just have someone else tell you that said redirected anger is yet again "misdirected"
wink.gif

I've had lots, and lots, and lots of psychology classes, and while projection is a nice theory, it rarely works out in reality past low-level things like kicking trash cans.

You want to see something that really bothers me? Get me started on special interests groups. I make Hitler look positively nice when I start on those.

/hijack

Jul 27, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #33 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wear oversized aviator glasses - very good for driving actually.
And pair of ray-bans could be hot on right girl.
As for those huge bug-eyes, I rarely get aroused by an insect.

I agree,,

Aviator will never go out of fashion and they really cover up your eyes just perfect.

Jul 27, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #34 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I especially disgust my generation (where these sunglasses are typically being worn), and people in general only slightly less, hence my thoughts. Just about everyone around me is a mindless little trend-following automaton, so I have cause to be bitter and cynical.

Well, I can't judge. Nothing but plain vanilla suburbia around here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

I don't find any anger "misdirected". If you don't like something, you don't like it, no need to overanalyze things and try and "direct" that anger towards something else that's more "worthy" of anger, because then you'll just have someone else tell you that said redirected anger is yet again "misdirected"
wink.gif

That's what I don't understand. You don't like something? Then okay, you don't like it and that's that. It's the intensity of this hate when it doesn't affect you directly. Unless what you described as an automaton screwed you in some way, I just don't get it. Irritating and annoying is one thing. Thoughts of a sledge hammer to the head is a giant step beyond that.

Quote:

I've had lots, and lots, and lots of psychology classes, and while projection is a nice theory, it rarely works out in reality past low-level things like kicking trash cans.

I don't see how projection comes into this. Isn't projection thinking others around you think in the same way? Sort of like, "hey, I don't think this person likes me so I better put the hate on him first".. But we're digressing.

Quote:

You want to see something that really bothers me? Get me started on special interests groups. I make Hitler look positively nice when I start on those.

No thank you. heh.

::straps on a helmet::

Jul 28, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #35 of 69
You guys are reading too much into it. Love it or hate it, large sunglasses are in fashion for women, and women certainly know a trend when they see one. For guys, it can go either way. Spoon's lead singer knows how to rock a good pair of eyewear, for example, but the style may not suit others as well. Personally, I looked ridiculous in Oakley's Gascan's which are on the small side of large sunglasses.

The bottom line though, is that everyone needs to chill out. If big sunglasses are not your thing, that's fine; but there's no need to attack people out of differing tastes.

Nick

Jul 28, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #36 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I hate them. Especially when it is some little tween (12-14 year old) brat is wearing them while texting on her cell phone.

Holy hell.. I was just picking up a new pair of flip-flops today and saw exactly what you described... f-ing annoying. I also just bought a $10 pair of cheap, small sunglasses for driving. They're supposed to serve a functional purpose, not make a person look like an idiot.

Jul 28, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #37 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...but there's no need to attack people out of differing tastes.
Nick

Completely academic, but why not? That's been the basis of just about every war ever fought.

If I hold a strong opinion about something that someone else has a neutral opinion about, I'll less "allowed" to voice my own because it's stronger?

Society is very strange sometimes.

Jul 28, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #40 of 69
I have always been told by my parents that it is not very polite to wear sunglasses while adressing to others ... unless your are a professional poker player in action , of course .
biggrin.gif

And I do not care about people wearing oversized sunglasses , it just shows who they are as any piece of equipment .
cool.gif

Jul 28, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #42 of 69
I think large glasses are classy. It says "I don't give a dam what you think, I'm wearing a lens that covers my whole eye". At this current time, it also says "I'm trendy".

I also get a kick out of how these were very popular in the 60's and 70's, but then again fashions make a comeback sometimes.

I still think they are fun and I get a kick out of seeing people wear them.

Heck, if they bring a smile to my face just by the glasses they wear, well......... they've made my life a little better, and they are protecting their eyes at the same time. It's win-win.

Jul 28, 2008 at 8:48 AM Post #43 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvessel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

xD Ok, but I still won't be wearing them xP.

Jul 28, 2008 at 9:04 AM Post #44 of 69
Yes, those fricking TV screens are ugly be it sunglasses or eyeglasses. They were laughably silly 30-50 years ago and they are still. They make a person look like an insect. I cant understand how they managed to make a fashion out of them again and even make people think they look "trendy and cool". Jebus...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back