Does anyone else hate oversized sunglasses?
Jul 26, 2008 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69

earwicker7

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently left Los Angeles for a week to visit family and college buddies in Indiana. When I came back to LA, it hit me that I had not seen any of those obnoxious oversized sunglasses that 99% of Southern California women wear for a whole week. Perhaps that is why my stomach wasn't upset and I didn't beat my daughter (just kidding, of course) for seven days.

Am I the only person who hates these things with a passion? They make you look like a fly, and it screams "I'm trying way too hard to be cool by doing what the people on Entertainment Tonight are doing." Why why why were these ever considered cool? I remember them being popular in the late 70s/early 80s with the trailer park fashionista set, and I also hated them back then. Glasses just shouldn't cover half of your face.

Jul 26, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #2 of 69
Probably not hate, but I think they look strange/misplaced.
They would be much better off shoving their cute faces imo...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 69
Why is this important to the bigger picture in the scope of life as Head-Fier's see it? As to the OP's question, I do not care what people wear over their eyes as long as I cannot see their damn underwear outside of their preferred southern enclosure garment-of-choice.

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #7 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why is this important to the bigger picture in the scope of life as Head-Fier's see it?

Dude, it's the Member's Lounge, AKA the "Man, I just had a random thought, maybe I should post it" area
cool.gif

(Notice that the icon is wearing real sunglasses?)

Jul 26, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #9 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why is this important to the bigger picture in the scope of life as Head-Fier's see it?

Why do you fell the need to question the OP's motive, and yet post a reply. are you just looking for confrontation, or are you actually that concerned about the fact that the thread has nothing to do with headphones. in which case what about the many other threads on members forum. If you were indeed this interested in only headphones etc, why wander into the members page, and why post?

this is just me venting on people complaining for no reason. THAT IS MY JOB!!!

Jul 27, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #11 of 69
Are you always so confrontational or did you have a cocktail before posting? What is wonderful about the Member's Lounge is I can say nearly anything I want to say. I suppose you can, too. By the way, you should seriously consider wearing sunglases to both protect your eyes and retard any possible damage to your cerebral cortex. My main point was to show my distatse for visible underwear, but I suppose I should start a new thread on that one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gautam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do you fell the need to question the OP's motive, and yet post a reply. are you just looking for confrontation, or are you actually that concerned about the fact that the thread has nothing to do with headphones. in which case what about the many other threads on members forum. If you were indeed this interested in only headphones etc, why wander into the members page, and why post?

this is just me venting on people complaining for no reason. THAT IS MY JOB!!!

Jul 27, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #12 of 69
I think you should be more specific on what you think "oversized" is. My sunglasses are bigger than "normal" but not huge... I do not like ones that cover half of the persons face.

Jul 27, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #15 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I hate them. Especially when it is some little tween (12-14 year old) brat is wearing them while texting on her cell phone.

You just perfectly described my 10 year old daughter. Yes, she can be a brat.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back