Do you wear socks when you sleep?
Nov 14, 2008 at 7:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

rockin_amigo14

Headphoneus Supremus
I was always under the impression when you wear socks to sleep, it increases the chance of athletes foot and similar foot problems, so i've always slept with them.

however a few people on my floor here at school leave their socks on at night, so i wonder head-fi...

how are your feet when you sleep?

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:43 AM Post #3 of 61
The ONLY time I am not wearing socks is when I am taking a shower. Otherwise, it is socks all the way. I cannot stand not having a pair of socks on. It makes my feet feel physically uncomfortable, almost like an ache. Plus, the coldness of being unsocked is never comfortable, especially when I am trying to get some sleep. It is very difficult for me to fall asleep without socks due to the sensation of coldness and my feet rubbing against the covers.

I feel kind of naked without socks on, really.

EDIT: Also, when I am in my home, I always have a pair of slippers on as well, in addition to a comfy pair of socks.

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:45 AM Post #4 of 61
only these:
paloma_man_crew.jpg

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:47 AM Post #5 of 61
nope, never wear sox to bed, makes your feet hot. also bothers the hair on your feet. BUT.. the biggest reason to wear sox in the dorms is to protect your tootsies on that midnight walk to the bathroom. ew..

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #8 of 61
only when it's cold

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:07 AM Post #12 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good point. However, if you don't wipe well, you will find little crunchy surprises under the covers.

Hey! I'm very clean! Physically, at least.
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #13 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey! I'm very clean! Physically, at least.
biggrin.gif

I hope you guys were talking about eating churros on the bed...and nothing else.

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #14 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ONLY time I am not wearing socks is when I am taking a shower. Otherwise, it is socks all the way. I cannot stand not having a pair of socks on. It makes my feet feel physically uncomfortable, almost like an ache. Plus, the coldness of being unsocked is never comfortable, especially when I am trying to get some sleep. It is very difficult for me to fall asleep without socks due to the sensation of coldness and my feet rubbing against the covers.

I feel kind of naked without socks on, really.

EDIT: Also, when I am in my home, I always have a pair of slippers on as well, in addition to a comfy pair of socks.

X2. Nailed it.

Nov 14, 2008 at 10:47 AM Post #15 of 61
I don't mind padding around in the day without socks, if I'm just lazing around at home all day. For beddie-byes, I won't put socks on specially, but if I have some on, I don't bother taking them off. This is largely because I am tall enough that my feet stick out of the end of my bed, and if I don't wear socks, I end up with COLD feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back