Do you use your good IEMs on the go?
Apr 6, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #46 of 53
That is the way it should be. I play guitar and people that hang their guitars on the wall and rub them with a diaper piss me off. Use your more expensive stuff until it breaks. Then buy more stuff. The more i spend on something the more I want to use the hell out of it.
True. If you buy something but aren't going to use it, then you may as well have not bought it.

Apr 6, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #47 of 53
I was just running in this crap:

Took my pair of Dm6 and the coldness and wet went away entirely. Nothing but pure sonic bliss. Again at 11k feet, about 15 degF. BAs are pretty tough suckers.
Damn, really jealous of that! Wish I could have somewhere like that to run, but the Netherlands is flat as a pancake and we hardly ever get any snow. Good bike riding though. :)

I have too much gear and so I use different gear for different things. My training gear is the Final E4000 with Shanling M0, which is great and has stood up to a lot of abuse so far. My high end gear is too big and bulky for training anyway, so I use that at home. Also have a preferred setup for traveling because it fits neatly in a Peli 1010 case for easy packing. It’s a bit silly, I know.

Apr 6, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #49 of 53
I think I will be trying out my Custom Art Ei.3 for running next, but like you indicated with comply tips instead of my usual silicone. Custom Art’s IEMs are built like a tank and inspire more confidence than a lot of high end IEMs I have tried. Not sure if the connectors will cope with pouring rain though, so I might be a bit careful with that.

Apr 6, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #50 of 53
Walking/Exercising - Apple Airpods because just need music background but need to be fully aware of surrounding environment.

Commuting/Travel - absolutely bring best gear I have so I can create a personal bubble and really makes the time go by quickly.

Apr 6, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #51 of 53
$1k pair (actually only gear I have while studying aboard)

Put them on when I wake up, take the subway, (out in class), library, coffee shop, gym. I literally do everything with IEM on. I will admit that I don't baby my gear but they never failed on me (thank God)

Short wire with ES100 clipped onto my shirt and run the wire under the shirt. They never fall for the past 8 years. No point of having and not using :)

Apr 7, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #53 of 53
I used to be like the OP, but I eventually worked up to taking my TF10 customs out, and my usual mobile setup is the TF10 and AK100II, but I’ll tKe my Roxanne’s out often and sometimes my AK380,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back