Do you use your good IEMs on the go?
Mar 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #16 of 53
i took my re-262 to the gym.broke them because they got stuck in a exercise machine.

now i use my re-272/ew5 (both 250$ iems) at home and maybe in the car

out on the go - i get some ****ty 60$ sony buds i bought 4 years ago.

when you will break your expensive iems by taking them somewhere where you shouldn't have (gym being the first place that comes to mind) you will understand me.

Mar 12, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #17 of 53
Depends. I will take my Etymotic HF2s with me, assuming that I feel safe with that level of isolation. If I'm walking somewhere where I'd be worried about them, I leave them at home and take my cheap Monoprice 8320s instead.

Mar 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #18 of 53
I have several pairs, but I leave my best at home taking a cheaper pair out. with all the traffic noise and what not outside you're not going to have the best experience anyway. so I take a mid ranged pair from my selection with me. Also saves wear and tear. 

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #19 of 53
I use my TF10 customs everyday, I take them out with me on the go.

Mar 12, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #20 of 53
I hear stories of people trashing expensive players and expensive earphones at a gym. I would rather use a cheap mp3 player like a $35 Sandisk Clip+ and earbuds under $50(perhaps even under $25) when very active. It is too easy to trash a player or earphones with sweat or by dropping them too many times.

Mar 12, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #21 of 53
I used my EX1000 at the gym tonight. First time doing so, just didn't care to listen to anything else. But yeah I typically do use my nice IEMs when out-and-about.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #22 of 53
I wear my Monster Turbine Pro Coppers everywhere except working out (and mainly because they are a bit heavy and end up falling out frequently when you run or bounce too much). But otherwise they have been to dozens of coffeeshops, libraries and sporting events in the Denver area, and I've traveled with them, too.

Like it was said before ... why buy them if you don't wear them daily.

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #24 of 53

Quote:
No problem with moisture?

Not really. I keep them with a pouch of silica beads and wipe them with a soft cloth after workout. They're usually quite sweaty then.

I talked to JH regarding this and I was told as long as I didn't pull them in and out too much while sweating it shouldn't be an issue to use them while working out.

Mar 13, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #25 of 53
I'm sitting on the train listening to my MDR7550 as I type this. Why own this gear if I am to afraid to use it...

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #26 of 53
Using it while sitting on a train is not very risky. Using it while walking is a bit riskier.Using it while running, working out at a gym, or doing sports is much riskier. Not only is there the danger of getting the cord stuck on something while you are moving, but there is also the danger of dropping it, or of getting it wet with perspiration when you are doing strenuous activities. I used to damage some earbuds by dropping them too many times while walking around. Earphones can survive some drops, however after too many drops, or perhaps one with too much force, the earphones can be damaged. Usually they don't stop working, however the sound quality is damaged.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #29 of 53
I've used my Westone 3s on the go nearly every day for almost 3 years - and they show no signs of dying.  They've been stuffed and crushed in on-flight bags, sat on, mangled in pockets, tugged at both the jack and the iem.... I love em.  But then, I also wear a Speedmaster nearly every day.  I never considered not wearing it either unless it was to a rugby game or something where it would be left in a kit bag unattended for a long time (no such protection for the W3s - if they're not Beats, people don't think they're expensive.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back