do you use EQ?
Apr 7, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #197 of 233
Quote:

Originally Posted by ascherjim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BigJohn: Point well taken. I will endeavor to desist for now!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #198 of 233
i EQ because music for me is self leisure. If i want to provide myself sound settings that ccomdate my mood then why not tweak the EQ a bit?

Apr 14, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #201 of 233
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidJr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since the iPod only does presets I use "Rock" when I use my portable amp and my earphones and "treble boost" in my cars (because they already have enough bass and midrage - but the highs suffer a bit).

It's easy to make custom EQ settings for your iPod. Here's how:

1. in iTunes, go to the "Window" pull down menu, and click Equalizer.
2. Set EQ sliders as desired
3. in top of EQ window, click on pop-up menu - select "Make Preset"
4. Give your new custom EQ the exact same name as one of the Presets that appear on your iPod (e.g. Rock) - select Save - then tell it to replace the original setting (over-write) when prompted.
5. Sync your iPod.
6. Now when you select Rock EQ setting on your iPod - you will hear the custom EQ setting you just saved.

Apr 29, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #202 of 233
cool.gif
Use EQ only when staging a live performance . . . a "must have" to fit the venue. When it comes to listening . . . it's just me, my EAR Custom HD200, and the music . . . raw and natural please . . . just like a woman . . . no "EQ" needed with them eh?
smily_headphones1.gif

Where is God when you need him . . . ?

Apr 29, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #203 of 233
When you put speakers in a room you are facing the exact same problem that a sound mixer has when he has to equalize a live performance, just on a smaller scale.

See ya
Steve

Apr 29, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #204 of 233
No, raw file into the phones, amp or DAC!

Apr 29, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #205 of 233
Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraHotel01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's easy to make custom EQ settings for your iPod. Here's how:

1. in iTunes, go to the "Window" pull down menu, and click Equalizer.
2. Set EQ sliders as desired
3. in top of EQ window, click on pop-up menu - select "Make Preset"
4. Give your new custom EQ the exact same name as one of the Presets that appear on your iPod (e.g. Rock) - select Save - then tell it to replace the original setting (over-write) when prompted.
5. Sync your iPod.
6. Now when you select Rock EQ setting on your iPod - you will hear the custom EQ setting you just saved.

...Are you sure thats right....the apple help files say there is NO way to update the eq on the ipod.

May 1, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #208 of 233
I love to compare how sounds change with different settings. I also love how the music was intended to be hard.
Some recordings of music I like really need it. I listened to Doris Day yesterday, and to Lois Armstrong, both old recordings which benefited form equalization, IMHO.

May 1, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #209 of 233
YES, only to fix weaknesses of one's ears and/or gear.

May 4, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #210 of 233
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Are you sure thats right....the apple help files say there is NO way to update the eq on the ipod.

Positive: try it; and you will hear the difference with your own ears.
(Don't know anything about the Apple Help File content - never read that stuff)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back