Do you think wearing full-size headphones in public makes you look like a spaz/geek/weirdo?
Jul 31, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #151 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ldotc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wonder if anyone wears jecklins in public

Paging Duggeh, Duggeh, you have a page.
duggehsmile.png

Jul 31, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #152 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The people who sneer at full size cans are the same drooling twits who choose a restaurant because some celebrity was seen there. These are the same folks who choose a car because it has lots of cup holders and snappy chrome trim. They don't care about sound. They are not worth a moment's consideration.

A couple years ago, I was sitting in a bar, listening to my RH1. A vacant-eyed yuppie (is there any other kind?) wobbled up to me and asked, "What are you listening to on your iPod?'

"It's not an iPod," I replied. "It's a minidisc player."

"You know what I mean!" she snarled.

"Of course I do," I replied. "But you don't have the slightest idea of what I mean."

This so confused her that she started to say something, stopped in mid-syllable, and wobbled back to the other end of the bar.

WOW

Anyway, I don't think anyone should wear ANY form of headphone/earphone/IEM in public (possibly barring long-haul flights) - if only because there are way too many safety issues involved with not being able to hear anything.

But full-sized headphones are sexy on girls, yes, because it suggests that they're probably into music.

Jul 31, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #153 of 270
If "in public" means wearing them while at work, then yes, I do wear full sized headphones in public. And yes, they do look wierd. When having the JVC DX1000's on, one person said I looked like Star Wars' Princess Leia.

Do I really care what they think? Not in the least.

Jul 31, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #154 of 270
I wear full-sized cans at work and on flights. I'm never in public other than that, but no, I wouldn't wear them in any other situation.

Jul 31, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #155 of 270
I wouldnt wear my HFI-780 out, i'd prolly trip over the extra cord. or trip other people.

Jul 31, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #157 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4N6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If "in public" means wearing them while at work, then yes, I do wear full sized headphones in public. And yes, they do look wierd. When having the JVC DX1000's on, one person said I looked like Star Wars' Princess Leia.

Do I really care what they think? Not in the least.

I should wear my DX1000 in public someday.

Aug 1, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #159 of 270
not only do i find it wierd that people would want to wear full sized cans out in public, but that'd they'd want to their listening in public. the only place i want to listen to quality audio is in the comfort of my room, which is i guess why i never got into/understood the portable audio craze.

unless some of you are flaunting your cans hoping that you might catch the attention of another head-fier or headphone enthusiast
wink_face.gif
. i always noticed this guy on my campus who skated around all cool like, rocking out to his grados (open cans in public
rolleyes.gif
) and when i finally commended on his cans, i swear i saw his pants bulge.....

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #160 of 270
I don't wear full sized headphones when I need isolation, like during my mass transit commute, because non of them isolate enough. If I'm just walking around and don't need isolation, I use something like a PX100 or KSC75 that can be stashed if necessary. At work, I use nothing but full sized headphones, including MB Quart QP85s floats.
0221081050.jpg

Aug 1, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #161 of 270
I wore my MS-1s out a few times walking to campus and didn't feel like loser. But these k701s.... I don't know
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 2, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #163 of 270
Those float headphones make me laugh each time i see those.
They would go great with a greenis marine outfit and a pistol.

Aug 3, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #165 of 270
A perfect middle ground between behemoths and little buds and IEMs are HD-25's. I bring them with me everywhere; sizable but not too huge, plus it's built like a tank and the sound's great even with the noise from the city.

If I had a pair of DX1000's, I sure wouldn't mind giving them a spin outdoors...had I the necessary amplification.

Present yourself however you feel comfortable. Being too obsessed with being "normal" can make life awfully dull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back