Do you think wearing full-size headphones in public makes you look like a spaz/geek/weirdo?
Sep 16, 2008 at 1:03 PM Post #196 of 270
I think the people might think they only to listen to the music.So for me it is not weird

Sep 16, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #197 of 270
I dont care what people say, as long as im enjoying my music... i wear 205 @ parks
wink.gif

Sep 16, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #198 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by knights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont care what people say, as long as im enjoying my music... i wear 205 @ parks
wink.gif

U mean HD205? High Five!

i wear them on Bus & Train... although on Street they get too much attention.

Sep 16, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #199 of 270
Sorry, but the answer is yes, judging by the one guy in the office who wears full-size headphones at work. Personally I'd only wear such things at home in a darkened/locked room. Not that it matters of course.

Sep 16, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #200 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, for openers, I wouldn't crash that car into those headphones.
biggrin.gif

Ahahah! I should have saw that coming.. Good one.

As far as your other points.. Screw them!
tongue.gif
Things fall apart and degrade/become exploited. As long as we have real alternatives we should be happy.

Sep 16, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #201 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvessel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahahah! I should have saw that coming.. Good one.

As far as your other points.. Screw them!
tongue.gif
Things fall apart and degrade/become exploited. As long as we have real alternatives we should be happy.

Yeah, I know, I should just take care of my own back yard. For some reason, though, I seem to love finding cause for dismay in the behavior of the masses.

Tell you what. If someone will make and sell a new, great sounding DAP with a digital out, for a fair price, I'll promise never to complain about anything ever again.

Except the weather.

Sep 16, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #202 of 270
Is it just me, or is there a trend going about to wear large headphones?

TBH i've never minded wearing large headphones.... and i'm the kinda guy who cares about how i dress etc.

If anyone thinks i look wierd with it, so be it, because i know my headphones kick their Apple's in the ass
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #203 of 270
I dont think its wierd, i usually get compliments about my HD580s and A700s.

Now i just wear my ES7s so that i don't have to deal with a port amp and long ass cable. I do turn a few heads with these ES7s though, guess alot of girls just checking their makeup. lol

Sep 16, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #204 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
U mean HD205? High Five!

i wear them on Bus & Train... although on Street they get too much attention.

yep.... so you really have fairly small head to enjoy the hd205..LOL.. 205 is great for its price, good SQ and noise redction...

Sep 17, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #206 of 270
I wear my Ultrasone Proline 650s all the time. And they are pretty ginormous. I also wear my Edition 9s out frequently, too.

If k701s actually fit me, and were closed, I'd wear them out of the house, too

As for the examples on form vs function, let's simplify it to vanity vs function.

Now try to argue any importance of vanity, at large, let alone over function

Simultaneously - quite a few head-fiers probably would be attracted to (physically) or otherwise interested in a female who was sporting a fat pair of cans. Even more so if it was a model we knew of.

Quit being silly
smily_headphones1.gif
You should sooner take pride in the fact that you have your priorities straight than having successfully achieved conformity based on preconceived notions rooted in the most shallow and not-worth-acknowledging values one can think of.

Receive function - Proudly, enjoyably

Sep 17, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #207 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now try to argue any importance of vanity, at large, let alone over function

Why? Most of the time there is another headphone out there with similar sound, similar isolation, and a less ugly look.

If you are wearing it out, then appearance matters.

Sep 17, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #208 of 270
Appearance matters if your values are in line with caring about that. Not whether you're wearing it out or not. And I pretty firmly disagree with being able to find the same SQ for the same price with a better look, most especially where circumaurals are concerned

Sep 17, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #209 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Appearance matters if your values are in line with caring about that. Not whether you're wearing it out or not. And I pretty firmly disagree with being able to find the same SQ for the same price with a better look, most especially where circumaurals are concerned

If you don't care what other people think about you you are either lying or a sociopath.

Besides, IEMs are so much better suited to out of doors listening than headphones it is silly to use headphones.

Sep 17, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #210 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you don't care what other people think about you you are either lying or a sociopath.

Besides, IEMs are so much better suited to out of doors listening than headphones it is silly to use headphones.

In your opinion.
I like wearing my good cans and dislike wearing IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back