Do you secretly respect Beats?
Mar 12, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #136 of 338
Liking the aesthetic of the Beats has nothing to do with aesthetics, you've been programmed to like how they look through a carefully crafted propaganda campaign, mostly by associating them with other known and understood objects like boobs, money, status, power etc.  When people look at Beats, a million images of these things instantly come to mind, often without much awareness.  You don't like the way the Beats look, you like associating yourself with these things and this carefully crafted image.  No other headphone has that image because no one has told you how to look at other headphones, or what to think when you look at them.  Most other headphones are just headphones, and are much more up to the individual as to how they are perceived.   Which also means you have to decide for yourself what you think of the way they look.  They don't come with that "seal of approval" which assures you of how you will be perceived when you wear them and makes them a safe purchase because in the end, it says nothing about who you really are.  You're just another idiot wearing Beats. 

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #138 of 338

Quote:
Liking the aesthetic of the Beats has nothing to do with aesthetics, you've been programmed to like how they look through a carefully crafted propaganda campaign, mostly by associating them with other known and understood objects like boobs, money, status, power etc.  When people look at Beats, a million images of these things instantly come to mind, often without much awareness.  You don't like the way the Beats look, you like associating yourself with these things and this carefully crafted image.  No other headphone has that image because no one has told you how to look at other headphones, or what to think when you look at them.  Most other headphones are just headphones, and are much more up to the individual as to how they are perceived.   Which also means you have to decide for yourself what you think of the way they look.  They don't come with that "seal of approval" which assures you of how you will be perceived when you wear them and makes them a safe purchase because in the end, it says nothing about who you really are.  You're just another idiot wearing Beats. 

It's become an icon. Of the uneducated consumer revolution. Does new money ring a bell?

Mar 13, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #139 of 338
Now I know I should never take you seriously. 

Quote:

Mar 13, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #141 of 338
Mar 23, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #142 of 338
Meh. I feel shame for those who wear Beats. Why? Who buys Beats, doesn't know that there are way better headphones for the same price. All my friends think that Beats are the best headphones out there.

Ok, I have not even heard beats. But it's enough for me that they need batteries to operate.

Mar 23, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #143 of 338
Actually, on a similar topic, I do somewhat respect Bose. This stems largely from the fact that their Quiet Comfort 15 headphones are actually quiet and comfortable (great for public transport/flights) and their Lifestyle systems with the jewel cubes are actually pretty decent for their price and diminutive size. Sure, none of their products are going to have the best audio quality at their pricepoints but they do offer some benefits/features as well as decent sound. On the other hand, I find beats to offer really poor sound for the money plus offer nothing more than just subjectively good looks.

Mar 23, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #144 of 338

Quote:

Yup, hopefully. But buying so much equipment all at once doesn't really give them a chance for a proper test run if he's really serious about testing for a while. Let's hope for the best for this guy.
biggrin.gif

I kinda got the feeling from his post that he just wants them all now lol.

Yea lol I am trying them the mid fi headphones out to see which ones suit me.  Not really interested in high fi levels yet because I want to get comfortable in the type of headphones I prefer.  So far I can already tell that I dont like the HD 600s.  The neutral sound isnt for me so I'll probably be selling them off or trading them.

Mar 23, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #145 of 338
I LOVE BEATS!!! Wait.. Please dont get me wrong.. I love them for what they have done to the audio community (Not for their overpriced products of course)!! But through their intense marketing efforts, they have made the world know about the presence of high-end audio or on how much headphones could cost.. As I run through the pages and comments made by some members, I realize that quite a number of them joined this forum and this hobby because they wanted to find out about Beats! But eventually saw the light and chose something else of course! So I love them for bringing in new members to our audiophile family! So I want to say a BIG thank you tooo.... Beats!:)

Mar 23, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #146 of 338
I LOVE BEATS!!! Wait.. Please dont get me wrong.. I love them for what they have done to the audio community (Not for their overpriced products of course)!! But through their intense marketing efforts, they have made the world know about the presence of high-end audio or on how much headphones could cost.. As I run through the pages and comments made by some members, I realize that quite a number of them joined this forum and this hobby because they wanted to find out about Beats! But eventually saw the light and chose something else of course! So I love them for bringing in new members to our audiophile family! So I want to say a BIG thank you tooo.... Beats!:)

For every 1 member converted from beats there are 999 people that believe beats are the best headphones ever created.

Mar 23, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #147 of 338

Quote:

This.

This this this this this.

+1 Internet, and a seal of awesomeness for this post, my fine man.

Mar 23, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #148 of 338
I can't respect a company that sells overpriced cables and lies through its teeth to sell ****ty cables and headphones with ning-nongs endorsing them (ironically Dr Dre here is the exception in my opinion. It's just all the other idiot 'celebrities' who I see wearing them, obviously because Monster either gave them the shizz for free or got them to endorse it etc.).

Unfortunately that means I don't respect Denon either. See below:

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Link-Cable/dp/B000I1X6PM/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t/188-8650507-9515748

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #149 of 338

Quote:
I can't respect a company that sells overpriced cables and lies through its teeth to sell ****ty cables and headphones with ning-nongs endorsing them (ironically Dr Dre here is the exception in my opinion. It's just all the other idiot 'celebrities' who I see wearing them, obviously because Monster either gave them the shizz for free or got them to endorse it etc.).

Unfortunately that means I don't respect Denon either. See below:

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Link-Cable/dp/B000I1X6PM/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t/188-8650507-9515748

+1..

***** me. 10000$ for that cable? I swear to anyone, that in a blind test they won't hear a difference. Oh, I don't have to even tell it, because people here are enough clever to know it already.

But to be honest, if I was as rich as Patrick82, I would buy expensive cables. Without hearing them, just because they look so pimp. Hopefully I wouldn't log in and come here tell about my placebo experiences though.

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #150 of 338

Quote:
+1..

***** me. 10000$ for that cable? I swear to anyone, that in a blind test they won't hear a difference. Oh, I don't have to even tell it, because people here are enough clever to know it already.

But to be honest, if I was as rich as Patrick82, I would buy expensive cables. Without hearing them, just because they look so pimp. Hopefully I wouldn't log in and come here tell about my placebo experiences though.

Are you crazy? No one would ever pay $10k for such a cable. Now $9999 is an entirely different matter lol

The comments are some of the best stuff I've read on the web, along with http://www.amazon.com/How-Good-bye-Depression-Constrict-Everyday/dp/0595094724

Users who are viewing this thread

Back