Do you secretly respect Beats?
Mar 7, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #106 of 338
I have as much respect for Beats as I do for Apple. So, more-less none. What annoys me the most are all those Beats (Apple) users, not brands themselves, with educated market those companies would have no business anyway. Even after giving some strong solid "proofs" of why Beats/Apple sucks, their users just respond in a way "I put my fingers in ears, start humming and think my brand is the best no matter what".

Mar 7, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #107 of 338
Beats and Apple products are both very good at what they are supposed to. 

If you can find computers that would fit my needs better than my Macs, I'll order them now, I promise. 

Quote:
I have as much respect for Beats as I do for Apple. So, more-less none. What annoys me the most are all those Beats (Apple) users, not brands themselves, with educated market those companies would have no business anyway. Even after giving some strong solid "proofs" of why Beats/Apple sucks, their users just respond in a way "I put my fingers in ears, start humming and think my brand is the best no matter what".

Mar 7, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #108 of 338
My little cousin wanted the "Beats" for her birthday and being a headphone enthusiast myself for quite some time now I tried telling her that maybe there are better options out there regarding sound quality especially for the price. She is very nice and nodded with agreement but I could see it in her eyes she really wanted the Beats, so I did what was right and bought it for her. I think the point of this story is that not everyone values absolute sound performance over popularity, aesthetics and that is perfectly fine with me. At the end of the day it is all about enjoying your music, and if the Beats do it for you, all the more power to you... Since I know many fellow audiophile friends who have Hi-End audio gear and never seem to be able to really enjoy their music, so you tell me, who is happier the audiophile or ignorant Beats user? lol.
biggrin.gif
So ya in a way I can respect the Beats, though in some weird and twisted way... Cheers,

Mar 7, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #109 of 338
I think they serve a purpose myself. Most of the people who buy them aren't interested in having the best possible sound quality for the money, they just want the brand and the bass. If that's all you want out of them, then you're going to be satisfied. I don't really see a point to hating them because they appeal to a certain market. I guess I'm indifferent to them really. 

Mar 7, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #110 of 338
I have noticed that beats seem to have started a fashion of wearing over ear headphones outside.... I never used to see them at all now they are everywhere....

I don't see why you would want to personally... I use IEM for outdoor use because I would feel silly wearing beats or similar outside (also they are better / more practical) and my Sennheiser HD650 are no good at all outside.

Mar 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #111 of 338
I have absolutely no qualms about wearing full-sizes in public I just put them on my head, leave my house and then don't think about it twice . . . I couldn't care less about what others think about me for doing it!
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #112 of 338
Quote:
Beats and Apple products are both very good at what they are supposed to. 

If you can find computers that would fit my needs better than my Macs, I'll order them now, I promise. 

This is what I am actually talking about, I never said Apple doesnt make quality products, but most of their stuff (especially Mac and iPhones) arent worth of money they are asking for it. Most of ppl are "they are offering me exactly what I need" while they could build/buy PC for half the price of their Mac (sometimes even for 1/3) with exactly same hardware and still have exactly same functionality available to them (while not being limited by Apple ofc). It doesnt actually matter what you do, if you can do it on Mac you can do it in Win/Linux with same efficienty as well. You are just paying for style and to have bitten Apple on chasis, not for actual functionality or usefullness. And pretty much same goes for Beats.

Mar 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #113 of 338

Quote:
This is what I am actually talking about, I never said Apple doesnt make quality products, but most of their stuff (especially Mac and iPhones) arent worth of money they are asking for it. Most of ppl are "they are offering me exactly what I need" while they could build/buy PC for half the price of their Mac (sometimes even for 1/3) with exactly same hardware and still have exactly same functionality available to them (while not being limited by Apple ofc). It doesnt actually matter what you do, if you can do it on Mac you can do it in Win/Linux with same efficienty as well. You are just paying for style and to have bitten Apple on chasis, not for actual functionality or usefullness. And pretty much same goes for Beats.

Actually, no.  Apple Laptops and iMacs (NOT macPro's or iOS devices) are actually priced fairly well.  For the performance-affecting hardware, yes, you can built/buy it for less.  However, between the IPS panel display, huge ass battery, huge trackpad, customer support, and aluminum body you get a fair price. 

It's like almost everything.  There's the "all funds went to performance" option and there's the "some funds went to performance, though some went to peripherals" option.

Mar 7, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #114 of 338
I beg to disagree, at least here in Europe, even iMacs are still nicely overpriced. Their most basic setup (understand as cheapest) I could find here could be built from separate component for 70% of Macs price. There are also some aspects about Macs (and Apple itself for that matter) I dont like, but this thread is not about Apple, its about Beats. And I consider them both to be more of a show off rather than sign of getting the best for your money (unless you want to be as stylish as it gets, then you got the right equipment).

Mar 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #115 of 338
People wear full size Beats all over my college campus. They are easily the most popular choice. Tragedy. Saw one kid with Grados in my programming class two years ago though. What a day.

Mar 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #116 of 338

thats the little effect that brings people into buying and collecting Headphones, like me.  except i started out small (Sony MDRZX100)

but what annoys me is the fact that people would actually take Beats over better headphones, because of the look.
Beats are a Neck/ Head accessory, people will look forward to looking for Headphones that look cool instead of sound good.  some people especially at my school consider Beats the best headphones of all.   because of   Better Looks> Good sound quality.
i dont respect them because of the smug i get from wearing my Sennheiser HD201's around school, stating: "Fake Beats"
i would get aggravated if i were to wear some Audio Technica M50's and someone to call it: "Fake Beats"
so generally, i dont like the hype, Beats headphones are not that bad. but i feel they're worth 70-110$ instead of a whopping 200$(SoloHD) or even 400$(Studio/Monster)                     

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #117 of 338

Quote:
I beg to disagree, at least here in Europe, even iMacs are still nicely overpriced. Their most basic setup (understand as cheapest) I could find here could be built from separate component for 70% of Macs price. There are also some aspects about Macs (and Apple itself for that matter) I dont like, but this thread is not about Apple, its about Beats. And I consider them both to be more of a show off rather than sign of getting the best for your money (unless you want to be as stylish as it gets, then you got the right equipment).

While I do not know what goes into the 21.5" iMac, I know the older 24" design and now 27" design use an IPS panel, and the only competition (dell ultrasharp) shares the same price tag as an apple iCinema, that is $1000.  So you get a PC that would probably cost $400 to build yourself, keyboard, mouse, the all-in one factor, and an extremely nice $1k display for $1700.  That's a pretty fair price IMO. 

There are many aspects of apple, especially their business practices, that I do not like, but I respect that in certain areas the price of their products is justified.

Mar 7, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #118 of 338
I agree with you, Apple products are more expensive than their PC counterparts. For me, since money isn't an issue, Macs are a way better option. I've had PCs all my life until this summer when I bought a Mac out of curiosity and absolutely loved it. I never take them outside so I couldn't care less about the looks, I just want something that works all the time (unlike the PCs I had). 

I don't want to build a computer. I want to go to the store, get a computer and never have to "fix" it or think about it again, and Apple gives me just that: An easy to use, fast, and smooth computer. I also needed (wanted) a really light and thin computer to use while in bed and couldn't think of anything better than the Macbook Air 11". And I would gladly pay $300 just to have OS X instead of Windows. 

Can I even run OS X on a PC laptop? I have no idea... 

If I wanted to get the best bang for the buck, I would NEVER get a Mac though. 
Quote:

Mar 10, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #119 of 338
Quote:
I agree with you, Apple products are more expensive than their PC counterparts. For me, since money isn't an issue, Macs are a way better option. I've had PCs all my life until this summer when I bought a Mac out of curiosity and absolutely loved it. I never take them outside so I couldn't care less about the looks, I just want something that works all the time (unlike the PCs I had). 

I don't want to build a computer. I want to go to the store, get a computer and never have to "fix" it or think about it again, and Apple gives me just that: An easy to use, fast, and smooth computer. I also needed (wanted) a really light and thin computer to use while in bed and couldn't think of anything better than the Macbook Air 11". And I would gladly pay $300 just to have OS X instead of Windows. 

you sir deserve a cookie... so true, people pays for the "hassle freeness" of macs (and the commercials,build,hype,name,brand,etcetc), as for me im not into macs cause i cant afford them
atsmile.gif

Mar 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #120 of 338

This is why Macs make wonderful laptops. Laptops don't need to do many intensive things, but rather benefit from simplicity of use and cripsness. I personally swear by my custom built PC computers, but I'm considering getting a mac laptop (I had one in the past) because it's easy to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back