Do you secretly respect Beats?
Mar 4, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #91 of 338

Ye mon i tried some beatz pro innit bruv and like dey werent dat wickeds innit bruv so i dunt fink dat i like pro headphones innit cus if dr dre beatz int no good then i dunt fink dat other pro headphones are guna be any good innit cus beatz is the best brand and they are pro headphones and even Dr.Dre says dey are da best innit so I dunt fink I want to get any pro headphones now innit so im just gonna stick with my beatz innit sounds meet sound blud.

Pro troll is pro. I actually thought he was a complete idiot. But now hes jamaican so...

Edit: Maybe hes actually attempting to put a brit accent into text?

Not going to lie... Didn't see that one coming...

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #92 of 338
Almost funny. 

Quote:
Ye mon i tried some beatz pro innit bruv and like dey werent dat wickeds innit bruv so i dunt fink dat i like pro headphones innit cus if dr dre beatz int no good then i dunt fink dat other pro headphones are guna be any good innit cus beatz is the best brand and they are pro headphones and even Dr.Dre says dey are da best innit so I dunt fink I want to get any pro headphones now innit so im just gonna stick with my beatz innit sounds meet sound blud.

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #93 of 338
Of course I secretly respect Beats, who wouldn't respect a brand that charges $100 more for a paint job on a pair of headphones that are already $200 overpriced (I'm looking at YOU Detox). Speaking of that even on $500-600 headphones they do not even list the specs, they must want you to HEAR the difference 
basshead.gif

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #94 of 338

Quote:

HA I miss that accent!!

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #95 of 338

Quote:

Pro troll is pro. I actually thought he was a complete idiot. But now hes jamaican so...

Edit: Maybe hes actually attempting to put a brit accent into text?

Not going to lie... Didn't see that one coming...

I don't mean to sound rude but your post doesn't really make any sense...

Mar 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #96 of 338
Considering Iovine's career has consisted of perpetually insulting the collective intelligence of the masses and screwing naive musicians it's hard to respect anything he's associated with.

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #97 of 338
I find that the majority that go for the Beats and end up being told something is better carry around the same obnoxiousness of Beats users, and an aura of superiority to boot. I'll be browsing forums and the topic of Beats or headphones comes up, I run into the same bandwagon attitude that Beats users have.

To quote somebody on Reddit:

Quote:
Beats suck

Buy Sennheisers.

I'm like really? That's really going to win someone over. This doesn't happen to all of them with this trickle-down effect, but it still irks me I read comments like these.

As for respecting Beats, I find their advertising and sales to be top notch..

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #98 of 338

Quote:
I think albums like Illmatic, ATLiens, Fantastic Vol. 2 are well mastered and well recorded. I have Things Fall Apart to listen to too, so will give that a listen.

YEAH! Another Illmatic fan! All you hip hop haters can go listen to it! It is considered by some to be one of the best hip hop albums if not THE best! You've got a follower.

Mar 5, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #99 of 338
I'm not gonna lie to yall . . . I used to be an idiotic brainwashed beats fan that just thought beats were good because they were really popular and expensive but I am another person that can say that beats eventually led me to buying actual quality headphones and it also led me to this site.

Mar 5, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #100 of 338

Quote:
I respect that the marketing group behind them knew exactly how to sell them and did so with authority. I see them in commercials that are not even music related now, like sports things. I see them on every show that there's a celeb or artist or something. They're in apple stores. Everyone knows what Beats are. They advertised so well that they literally gained a market. Everyone still knows what Beats are, and will continue to know the idea of "expensive headphones" in the casual public sector because of Beats. It's so heavy on advertising that you don't even realize that Soul and Sync exist. They've not matched Beats for advertising, yet. That's very good marketing to be able to just drown everyone and everything and saturate the planet of mobile-device users with Beats-this and Beats-that. That's impressive.

The advertising and marketing is so intense that when I'm at work and talking headphones with someone, someone else chimes in, "Oh man, try some Beats. They're sick!" I can't help but vomit a little in my mouth.

I respect the business perspective of it all. But let's just say, I'm completely over the whole Beats experience. I wish it would stop. I'm over the whole hip-hop craze too. I'm over "endorsed" anything at this point. But then again, this is why I don't even have TV. I'm often confused why someone wants "audiophile" grade equipment to listen to hip-hop (and most metal for that matter) in the first place. But that's just my not-so-humble opinion.

Very best,

Whoa whoa whoa there, *most* metal is actually very well recorded and very well produced.  Unsigned bands and black metal in general pretty much have the worst recording quality every shipped, but metal, especially its more refined subgenres like progressive/jazz metal, folk metal, and symphonic metal have top-notch production. 

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #101 of 338

Quote:
YEAH! Another Illmatic fan! All you hip hop haters can go listen to it! It is considered by some to be one of the best hip hop albums if not THE best! You've got a follower.

Illmatic IS the best Hip-Hop album as far as I'm concerned. It's the most perfect Hip-Hop album there is. I know people who hate rap who love this album, I feel sorry for those who let snobbishness influence their musical taste because you're really missing out if you've not heard Illmatic.

*calms down*

Also I created a 7 page thread, quite pleased with that.

My Sennheisers are sounding awesome now after a week or so getting used to them.

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #102 of 338
TBH, Beats really, really, REALLY irritate me. For several reasons...

1. Gullible adolescents pour hundreds of dollars into headphones which are worth a good deal less than half of what they cost.
2. I've listened to them and they sound OK... Not bad enough for me to go "Phhh... they suck" but not good enough for me to say "they could actually be a good choice for some people", just OK.
3. Celebrity endorsements just reek of vacuousness and trashiness, and now brands I like (AKG) are going for it too *shudder*. It's just pure marketing and signifies everything that is dead and empty about our culture.
4. But most of all... So many seemingly serious headphone users (sometimes myself included) never tire of scoffing about how foolish the ignorant masses are who buy Beats, and I find the implied air of superiority very off-putting.

Nowadays, whenever I see someone wearing Beats, I don't want to correct them... I don't want to mock them... I just want them to go away because I know we have nothing in common at all.

Mar 6, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #103 of 338

Quote:
Illmatic IS the best Hip-Hop album as far as I'm concerned. It's the most perfect Hip-Hop album there is. I know people who hate rap who love this album, I feel sorry for those who let snobbishness influence their musical taste because you're really missing out if you've not heard Illmatic.

*calms down*

Also I created a 7 page thread, quite pleased with that.

My Sennheisers are sounding awesome now after a week or so getting used to them.

Yeah, you can hate rap but you at least have to like Illmatic . . . if you don't there's something wrong with you!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back