Do you name your audio gear?
Mar 11, 2008 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

fordgtlover

Headphoneus Supremus
I was wondering whether audio people consider their audio equipment to be more than just inanimate stuff.

Do you have names for any of your audio gear, or do you think of your audio gear in terms associated with human characteristics.

Mar 11, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #2 of 40
My car has eared the name "the Anitchrist" but audio gear is just brand and model number.

Mar 11, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #3 of 40
Totally! My violin has a name..

I am working on a name for my transportable rig (in it's entirety) I'm assembling now.. it'll probably wait until I have her
wink.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #11 of 40
I let the manufacturers do that...

Mar 11, 2008 at 9:57 AM Post #13 of 40
I call it names sometimes...

Mar 11, 2008 at 9:58 AM Post #14 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you think of your audio gear in terms associated with human characteristics.

So in other words, am I mentally unstable? If anyone actually does this, in all seriousness, please do humanity a favor and stop by your local mental hospital.

Mar 11, 2008 at 10:03 AM Post #15 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by iKonoKlast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So in other words, am I mentally unstable? If anyone actually does this, in all seriousness, please do humanity a favor and stop by your local mental hospital.

attachment CAN form with inanimate objects, but you'll have trouble selling your gear. I don't think it's pathology, but it is unusual in audio world - much easier to do so with guys with cars (I've named my car - though it's a piece of junk), and girls do with shoes (my gf does this).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back