Do you listen daily? For how long?
Nov 26, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #16 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by wantmyf1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with you Maxvla. How did people without access to music and listening devices avoid going insane?

They sang to themselves, whistled and had other similar musical activities. If I have not heard or listened to a tune in a day, something will pop up in my mind. I listen to music for about 4-5 hours a day.

Nov 26, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #18 of 56
My listening time ranges from half an hour to 3-4 hours a day...it depends on how much spare time i have...

Nov 26, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #19 of 56
Yeah, except once in a while when I am out traveling.
I have music playing some 10 hours a day +-. To/from work, at work, and back home.

Nov 26, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #20 of 56
When I come home from school to bed, think about 6 hours a day?

Real listening only about 2 hours a week
redface.gif
for some reason my family finds it really really strange when I dim the lights and put on some music...

Nov 26, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #21 of 56
If possible, every day - almost always on work days whilst travelling (4 hours per day).

Too many days without any music and my wife will confim I get LMT (Lack Of Music Tension)
confused_face_2.gif
LOL.

Nov 27, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #23 of 56
Two CDs every night in serious listening mode:

1. Think about it, pick a CD, skim the liner notes.
2. Pick the HP to use
3. Dim the lights and listen all the way thru
4. Go back to selected "interesting" passages and re-listen to some snippets

I try hard to do this for one pop or rock CD, and one classical CD (in that order) every night when I am home. I will hit the skip-to-next-track sometimes on pop and rock, but I fight against this. I'll put a yellow sticky on the pop/rock CD with the track #'s that I want to rip later for computer and portable device playlists, and put the CD aside so I can take it to the room with the ripping computer (not in the listening room, which has a silent no-mechanical-drive playback computer). If the album is one that is highly regarded, but I didn't like it, I will try it again over the next few nights.

Nov 27, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #25 of 56
An average of 3 Hours 'active' listening a day. Far more in passive mode.

Nov 30, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #27 of 56
I listen to my headphones for an hour or so every night at bedtime, and about 15 hours a week during labs at school. I probably do 10-20 hours a week of leisure headphone listening as well so between 30 and 40 hours total.

Dec 2, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #28 of 56
On average about 8 hours daily at work, and about 2-3 hours when working at home afterwards. Weekends I mainly listen only for 1-2 hours in the evenings.

Dec 2, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #30 of 56
12-16 hours a day. From when I wake up at 6:30am until I'm done dinner at 6:00 or 7:00pm daily, and right until bed some times. Serious listening time can vary wildly though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back