Do you listen daily? For how long?
Dec 2, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #31 of 56
Actual concentrated listening: 1-2 hours max, unless it's an opera. I find this intense burst of active involvement tends to satisfy me enough that I don't need music the rest of the day...
...however, most days I don't seem to find the time/space/mentality to stop doing everything and sit in a dark quiet room to listen, so most of the time I've got my HPs on from 4-8 hours.

Jan 29, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #32 of 56
Yea I normally get around 1 or 2 hours a day because I spend a lot of time watching movies or playing video games. Now I'm actually getting around 4 hours because of my new headphones.

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #36 of 56
Usually, I only get in one album every evening. So 40-70 minutes, depending. I wish I could listen more, but I'm tied up at work so much. That and spending 20-30 minutes on a proper wet shave before bed are what I look forward to. Hopefully, I can change jobs some time this year so I can spend more time listening and finish off the DIY projects.

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #37 of 56
I have two jobs that I do during the day. One of which has me on 24hr call 7 days a week. I take care of my elderly grandparents that are ill. He has Altzheimers and she's had a stroke. That requires my attention when they're awake. So I have to listen when my grandfather is asleep. Which is erratic and could be either day or night. Some days I just don't have the time. Some days I can fit in an hour here or an hour there.

Fortunately my other job I do at home and pays the bills. LoL

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #39 of 56
I used to listen to headphones anytime I was doing schoolwork (University student), but now I've started to need full concentration for school things, and only get in about an album or so at night.

Jan 31, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #43 of 56
I haven't really listened to music the last few days. I've just started an album. Sometimes I just want silence to work out certain things that need to be done. Sometimes I'm a music addict.

Still, learn to appreciate silence. I'm loving my MDR V6-es playing Kagrra, wow!

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #44 of 56
Last year I would hear music for at least 14 hours, around 4 of those actual listening, on week days and 6hours of listening on weekends.
Now I will possibly listen, actually listen, to music for maybe 4 hours daily while at school since I'm actually trying in school now. while at home I'll listen to music for maybe 2 hours.
I've been listening to less and less lately, but when I do I make sure to listen to it in large amounts

Jan 31, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #45 of 56
I generally will listen to my headphones for a few hours most nights. Sometimes if its a day where there isn't anything going on I'll kick back and listen to music most of the day. It just depends on whats going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back