Do you like your Headphile Grado C-Pads?
Apr 8, 2005 at 10:01 PM Post #16 of 44
Jahn: I think it makes sense, given that (initially) people thought that alphas = bowls and betas = flats. So those who bought betas were probably those who preferred flats and disliked bowls.

KenW: Sure, I'll keep you updated when my RS-1's arrive. Can't wait!
rs1smile.gif

Oh, and there might be a different attachment system for the Headphile pads in the future. acs236 told me that Larry is trying out some sort of elastic band system as an alternative to the putty. And as he suggested, the more we pressure Larry, the better
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2005 at 12:22 AM Post #17 of 44
HI: The beta C-pads with no ports give my MS-1 cans very good bass and a better sound stage with the mids so very nice and highs very good also. It is like the C-pads tamed the highs a bit and there is no fatigue after a long session of music listening. The comfort is A-1 especially for a grado.

It does take a little while to get used to the new sound of the beta C-pads.

Apr 10, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #18 of 44
^^^

Apr 11, 2005 at 3:42 PM Post #19 of 44
^^^

Apr 12, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #20 of 44
^^^Hmm... only 6 poll repliers
frown.gif

Apr 12, 2005 at 4:17 AM Post #21 of 44
Im really interested in these pads, my friend has 125's and is debating either doing headphile's woody/recable job, or getting the c-pads.

So I would also appreciate feedback from anyone who has used these pads, esspecially 125 users.

So far im leaning toward doing the cable/woody, but the care that has to be taken with the new cable is not quite fitting to my friend's listening style (throw them in the car seat and take them on a hike through the woods or skateboarding, toss them in a drawer).

Apr 12, 2005 at 4:32 AM Post #22 of 44
I have never listened to the 125s or to the Headphile pads. Still, I have listened to both stock and woodied/recabled CD3Ks, and to different Sennheiser replacement cables on HD-580s and HD-650s, in addition to both bowls and vwaps on Grado SR225's.

From those experiences, I would bet my dollar that most pad changes have more dramatic results than woodying or recabling. (soundwise, of course)

Apr 12, 2005 at 4:38 AM Post #23 of 44
Nice... I see we have some more poll votes.

(ignoring Beach123456, who voted for every option...)

It seems pretty clear that most people prefer the Betas to the Alphas, and any of the Headphile pads to the bowls.

Now, the tricky part is that the flats and Betas are pretty tied, with the flats having a slight advantage.

Is this mostly because of people who think that the Betas feel enclosed and lack airiness compared to the flats? Any input will be appreciated.

Apr 12, 2005 at 5:19 AM Post #24 of 44
What, no comfort vote?
biggrin.gif
Has that trophy been shipped already?

To give this poll some perspective, I believe there are aprox 33 C-Pad sets in circulation with aprox 24 being beta and only 2 (maybe 3) of those ported beta (since they are new). At least 4 peeps have 2 sets of C-Pads.

Until the next batch of pads clears customs on their journey from Beyer Germany to Beyer USA (which sucks btw), there won't be (m)any new impressions, for sure on ported beta. Shouldn't be too much longer though
tongue.gif

Apr 12, 2005 at 5:48 AM Post #25 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanadu777
What, no comfort vote?
biggrin.gif
Has that trophy been shipped already?

Well, you see, I think the incredible greatness of the Headphile comfort has already been established beyond any doubt. I think there's no point voting on something undisputable
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanadu777
To give this poll some perspective, I believe there are aprox 33 C-Pad sets in circulation with aprox 24 being beta and only 2 (maybe 3) of those ported beta (since they are new). At least 4 peeps have 2 sets of C-Pads.

Until the next batch of pads clears customs on their journey from Beyer Germany to Beyer USA (which sucks btw), there won't be (m)any new impressions, for sure on ported beta. Shouldn't be too much longer though
tongue.gif

Thanks a lot for the info! This does explain a lot of things. But you're wrong on one thing...

There will be at least one new impression, since I'm getting my used RS-1's with 4 port betas this Wednesday
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Apr 12, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #26 of 44
Just got my fatboys and am wondering what pads to get: these highs can be a bit shrill with the reverse bowls. Surprising to read that some people prefer the stock flats over anything.

and: darnit, beach123456 screwed up the voting nice a good for us.

Apr 12, 2005 at 7:31 AM Post #27 of 44
biggrin.gif
Funniest thing: Watch Revenge Of The Nerds and then vote in the poll. My vote is for the trilambs!

LAMBDA LAMBDA LAMBDA,
Abe

P.S. I have no personal reference for the headphile pads. Sorry!

Apr 14, 2005 at 9:25 AM Post #28 of 44
I'm quite happy with my C-Pads. Incredible soundstage and bass.
smily_headphones1.gif

RS-1's + ported Betas = Vivaldi never sounded better
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

However...

The pegs don't quite fit in the ports, and when I manage to fit them in, then the actual pads don't quite fit into the headphones b/c the pegs bump agains the cup holders.

Anyone else encountered the same problem? I think I might just get a file and pretty much file off half of the pegs' top.

Also...

The Beyer headband doesn't quite fit the RS-1's. Only the buttons at the ends of it close. What have others done with it? I mean, it really does work like this, it's just that it looks kind of bad because the middle part is open at the top.

Apr 14, 2005 at 10:41 AM Post #29 of 44
HI: If you need headband for the RS-1 or one that the beyer headband don't fit then there is the Sennheiser headband that I used to super glue or velcro to those cans. Again do a search for the Grado Sennheiser headband. Call sennheiser at 1-860-434-9190 and tell them the headband is not on the site but in the warehouse. The Sennheiser 490 headband $8.90
http://headwize.com/images4/grado_mod7.jpg

Apr 14, 2005 at 10:51 AM Post #30 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide
The Beyer headband doesn't quite fit the RS-1's. Only the buttons at the ends of it close. What have others done with it? I mean, it really does work like this, it's just that it looks kind of bad because the middle part is open at the top.

I cut mine off and replaced it completely with the Beyer pad.

EDIT - And I have a set of beta ports coming my way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back