Do you hear a difference with Brilliant Pebbles?
Nov 1, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #16 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82
You know, PS Audio Noise Harvester is similar which converts noise to light, but I don't see anyone complaining about that since for most it makes a huge improvement.

I assure you plenty of people think the PS audio noise harvester is a joke and a complete and utter waste of money.

I really do find it amazing the number of audiophiles that blindly follow and believe everything that a manufacturer says. It's quite a unique thing and I don't think I've seen it in any other industry.

Nov 1, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #17 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
I assure you plenty of people think the PS audio noise harvester is a joke and a complete and utter waste of money.

I really do find it amazing the number of audiophiles that blindly follow and believe everything that a manufacturer says. It's quite a unique thing and I don't think I've seen it in any other industry.

Think fake healthcare, ie: weight loss industry. Makes probably an exponentially higher amount of money. Audio industry is but a speck to them. $3000 cable? well at least that lasts longer than a regiment of $150 a week in diet pills, then to foot the hospital bill when you realize that it melted your organs instead of that fat..

Nov 1, 2006 at 2:04 PM Post #18 of 47
Quote:

I believe that placing bottles in the corners will improve a speaker system like other room treatments do.

Every room treatment "improves" a speaker system? You don't think that there are room treatments that have a detrimental effect? Or no effect at all?

Nov 1, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #19 of 47
Quote:

If you heard a difference, where was the bottle?

What invention, a crap and ever so slightly obvious quasi-pun based thread.

Have you ever thought of placing yourself in a cannon and firing yourself into the ****ing sun?

Please choose that option over this one next time otherwise I'll have to bury my own balls in the garden and shovel my remains into a slurry of **** just to avoid the fit of apocalyptic yet impotent rage.

I would in all honesty rather **** handfulls of my own **** and eat offal than even chance by such a thread by similar misadventure.

Nov 1, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #20 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisco
What invention, a crap and ever so slightly obvious quasi-pun based thread.

Have you ever thought of placing yourself in a cannon and firing yourself into the ****ing sun?

Please choose that option over this one next time otherwise I'll have to bury my own balls in the garden and shovel my remains into a slurry of **** just to avoid the fit of apocalyptic yet impotent rage.

I would in all honesty rather **** handfulls of my own **** and eat offal than even chance by such a thread by similar misadventure.

Hmm, looks like someone could use a hug. Are you sure you don't have pebble envy?
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2006 at 6:07 PM Post #21 of 47
Whilst I in no way endorse these products you guys are a bit too over the top in rejecting some of these exotic treatments without thinking.

I'd be almost sure that they have no perceptible effect but I'd not stake my life on it.

Consider bygone times when folk would have argued that any sound system would be the same in any room no matter what carpets, decor or size it was; after all the sound comes out of the speakers and goes in your ears - how could anything like wallpaper affect that?
biggrin.gif

You never know the brilliant pebbles could be absorbing or reflecting low level sound. According to a tv documentary I saw last night low frequency sound (is that infrasound?) can make us feel weird if at a high enough decibel level.

The University researcher was taking measurements on the London underground where people had experienced strange phenomena
redface.gif
and his little meter was detecting high decibel levels at very low frequencies outside of normal human hearing. Very apt for halloween.

Perhaps a bottle of brilliant pebbles can keep ghosts away too!

Nov 1, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #22 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam

Hmm, I thought the Harvester was obvious since it changes the blinking rate based on the noise.
I will buy a 5 pack now to find out!

Nov 1, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #23 of 47
The best place to put your brilliant pebbles isn't in a jar in the corner. They make the most difference if you have rocks in your head!

See ya
Steve

Nov 1, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #24 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot
The best place to put your brilliant pebbles isn't in a jar in the corner. They make the most difference if you have rocks in your head!

See ya
Steve

I already tried them on my head and it made it worse because of the extra weight. ERS Paper worked better because it wasn't uncomfortable.

K1000.Brilliant.Pebbles2.JPG

K1000.Brilliant.Pebbles.JPG

ERS.K1000.JPG

Nov 1, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #25 of 47
Patrick is as funny as Borat!

See ya
Steve

Nov 1, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #27 of 47
Once more, Patrick takes his posting on Head-Fi to the EXTREME.

Nov 2, 2006 at 5:47 AM Post #29 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd
Whilst I in no way endorse these products you guys are a bit too over the top in rejecting some of these exotic treatments without thinking.

I'd be almost sure that they have no perceptible effect but I'd not stake my life on it.

Consider bygone times when folk would have argued that any sound system would be the same in any room no matter what carpets, decor or size it was; after all the sound comes out of the speakers and goes in your ears - how could anything like wallpaper affect that?
biggrin.gif

You never know the brilliant pebbles could be absorbing or reflecting low level sound. According to a tv documentary I saw last night low frequency sound (is that infrasound?) can make us feel weird if at a high enough decibel level.

The University researcher was taking measurements on the London underground where people had experienced strange phenomena
redface.gif
and his little meter was detecting high decibel levels at very low frequencies outside of normal human hearing. Very apt for halloween.

Perhaps a bottle of brilliant pebbles can keep ghosts away too!

The pebbles probably affect the vibration in the system somehow.

Infrasonic sound has been used in a few movies to make them really spooky. Animals can sense sounds emitted by natural disasters, such as tornados, that infrasonic to humans, which is why they flee before the disaster occurs. Wikipedia has a really cool article on infrasonic sound --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound .

Nov 2, 2006 at 1:37 PM Post #30 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphsci
I've noticed that the effect of brilliant pebbles can be replicated by flushing dollar bills down the commode .... strange.
rolleyes.gif

I thought pebbles were the silliest thing imaginable. Then I went to their website and looked at the other products. I think, for now, the clever little clock is the winner. Apparently, no product, no matter how bogus, is silly enough to be dismissed as a joke in the audiophile tweak category.

No, I haven't tried either. I guess I'm just close-minded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back