do u know LG quadbeat?
Apr 11, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #17 of 37
Quote:
IEM's I've owned include Klipsch Custom 3 ($200+), Sennheiser CX980 ($150+), Brainwavz m4 ($50) and Westone 4 ($400).  Without doing a full blown review, I'd say I enjoy the Quadbeats more than the Senn and Brainwavz.  I can't say they are better than the Klipsch because it was so highly dependent on getting a good fit with the Klipch.  With a good fit, the Klipsch are alot better than the Quadbeats but I could only get that about 5% of the time.  Obviously, the Quadbeats can't compete with the Westone 4 (nor are they expected to) which are considered one of the top universal fit IEM's.  So at $25, the quadbeats are a lot better than some costing 4x as much.

Now if I can expand to earbuds, I own and enjoy the Blox M2C which are around $40.  IMO the M2C are better than the Quadbeats which explains why they are always sold out and usually so after a day or two.

thanks for the comparison! tempted for a pair :p

Apr 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #19 of 37
Quote:
Did anyone bought the nexus 4 wired headset from the play store? They look almost exactly like the quadbeats besides the nexus logo.

They do look exactly the same, and it probably is the same thing considering the Nexus 4 is also manufactured by LG.

Nice to see these easily obtainable outside of Korea.

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #23 of 37
Quote:

There are some at $34 and some at $19 - are there major differences? Is there a model number to avoid?

May 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #26 of 37
The Nexus 4 headphones (I just got a set gratis from AndroidCentral.com) is model HSS-F400 ... if these quadbeats are HSS-F420, ... there can't be too much difference. I burned them in over about 9-10 hours using White, White-pure, Pink, Ultra-sweep, and 2-200 HZ sound files. Sound's a bit more improved from last night.

I can say that for $20 + tax(?) + s/h from the Google Play store (warning: you can't use Wallet or Play store credits to pay), these have NICE construction. Metal case, some very fine grooving, and the Nexus "X" stands out and catches light. Much, much nicer than other $20 earbuds I've seen in stores. Minimal bling effect, too (important to me; I have the Nexus 4 in a Poetic Palette backshell to make it stealthy).

I'm not an experienced audiophile, so I'll leave reviews to others. After less than 12 hours of burn-in, though, I've listened to rock, Beethoven, and some electronics, and it all seems crisp and vibrant.

Jul 11, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #27 of 37
Inner Fidelity measured these earphones (Special Edition HSS-F420):

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/LGQuadbeatHSSF420.pdf

To me, the response looks as good as the Philips Fidelio S1 and S2 except a slight peak at around 8 kHz.

I do own a set. A well-balanced, clean pair of earphones. For the price (around $25 plus $6 shipping at Ebay), I think these are the best neutral-sounding in-ears. One drawback is, stock ear tips are horrible---I don't think it's my ears. You need to add aftermarket tips which will increase the total cost. Still a great value IMO. For example, the Monoprice 8320, which is heavy in upper mids, Philips 3580, which has a clearly V-shaped response, or JVC HA-FX40, HA-FX101, etc, which are even more V-shaped at wider frequencies do not come close with respect to flat, reference signature. I am a speaker builder with measurement equipment and know what kind of sound is high-fidelity (e.g, know how to associate listening experience with measurements).

Another measurement is here:

http://en.goldenears.net/15834

Except for the bass response (which may differ due to measurement settings), both Inner Fidelity's and Golden Ears' measured responses coincide with my listening impression: Neutral and clean. They do have slightly emphasized highs but not as much as other in-ears with V-shaped responses.

Jay

Jul 15, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #30 of 37
Just received to original version Saturday and I have to say I'm completely impressed. It has superior depth compared to the Monoprice and more width and air than the GR06 out of the box. The mids are a little recessed but, the vocals are non sibilant and the bass is completely control with no bleed. Will give a better analysis when I burn it in a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back