do u know LG quadbeat?
Jul 16, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #31 of 37
The Quadbeats really are rather nice headphones.  I had the luck of getting a pair when I bought an Optimus G used locally.

Too bad the nozzles are so short.  Fix that and they'd be far better 'phones.

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #34 of 37
Now here is something that some of you might be interested in, i have fresh pair of Quadbeat (HS 420), MH1C, GR06 and Brainwavz M2. Two year old M2 which sounded awesome in its hey days now just sounds average, especially on the top end.
GR06 is pretty mid heavy, to an extent it gets tiring to hear for prolonged times, but for me has the best fit and extremely layer revealing sound. But again, very very mid heavy and warm.
Now MH1C sounds very smooth, although warm but smooth across the range with great clarity. Still i feel the Quadbeat has taken me by surprise.. Its amazingly clear at the top end without being sibilant like the gr06 and cymbals crush as they should be, many would feel that it is bass shy but a good fit (Please change to a different tips, that would make a huge difference) and a slight EQ would make these come alive. So although IMO MH1C has the overall crown but someone desiring a more neutral yet fun sound should definitely try the Quadbeats...

Jul 21, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #35 of 37
Now here is something that some of you might be interested in, i have fresh pair of Quadbeat (HS 420), MH1C, GR06 and Brainwavz M2. Two year old M2 which sounded awesome in its hey days now just sounds average, especially on the top end.
GR06 is pretty mid heavy, to an extent it gets tiring to hear for prolonged times, but for me has the best fit and extremely layer revealing sound. But again, very very mid heavy and warm.
Now MH1C sounds very smooth, although warm but smooth across the range with great clarity. Still i feel the Quadbeat has taken me by surprise.. Its amazingly clear at the top end without being sibilant like the gr06 and cymbals crush as they should be, many would feel that it is bass shy but a good fit (Please change to a different tips, that would make a huge difference) and a slight EQ would make these come alive. So although IMO MH1C has the overall crown but someone desiring a more neutral yet fun sound should definitely try the Quadbeats...

I agree with your post. It's a very good IEM with any exceptional soundstage (mids take a bit of a backseat which opens up the air). But, they may be a bit light on the bass, especially if you're use to the heavy boom or rumble.

Jun 11, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #36 of 37
Yes, the Quadbeat Special Edition F420 truly shine. I'm also taken by surprise just like the rest of you. It sounds way better than my Sony MH1 and even the very much hyped Zero Audio Tenore. You really can't get any better than this for $25 or even 2 or 3 times the price point....I'm totally blown away.

Edit: After getting the reference pair of Zero Audio Tenore, I've found that it actually sound better than the Quadbeat Special Edition F420. My previous pair of Zero Audio Tenore was the one with QC issues that produce too much bass. I've since gotten rid of the faulty pair.

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #37 of 37
It come as free earphone in my LG G2 mobile phone, i never tried, until today i found out the SQ is surprisingly good, probably close to those $50-60 earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back