do u know LG quadbeat?
Feb 7, 2013 at 10:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

wngusans

New Head-Fier
this is original quadbeat.
http://en.goldenears.net/index.php?mid=GR_Earphones&search_target=title&search_keyword=LG&document_srl=14317

and this is revision model.
http://ko.goldenears.net/board/index.php?mid=GR_Earphones&document_srl=2848418

i think its great, and this headphone is about 20~25 dollor.

what do u think about this?

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #2 of 37
I honestly think this earphone deserves much more attention, but perhaps it has to do with market availability worldwide.

I trust the reviews/graphs from GoldenEars based on their rep and my own experience with headphones I own/owned. It's accurate.

I'm currently in a position searching for a pair of new earphones with excellent frequency response. To my surprise, the LG quadbeat and its new edition (red edition) that just recently released excelled extremely well on the frequency spectrum and with an above average final scores in every categories from Golden Ears. The other good option I found is the Sony XBA-4.

So based on the graphs, they perform really well and hardly any major flaws. Unlike many other much much more expensive earphones that suffer from major flaws such as - 1. recessed bassed or exaggerated bass, 2. recessed mid or over emphasized mid, 3, rolled of treble or treble spike. These headphones are fairly close to a Golden Ears target (aka a much more linear response = truthfully to the original source with minimal coloration).

I'd say with such a beautiful curve like this, it beats A LOT of those $500+ ear mon.
http://en.goldenears.net/index.php?mid=GR_Earphones&category=112&page=1&document_srl=15834

Now let's look at its outstanding scores for the LG Optimus G QuadBeat (Special Edition)
http://en.goldenears.net/en/files/attach/images/108/834/015/d5392e82430c469590f56a3bae3de4a4.PNG

I've to say it's very impressive indeed for the price you pay. I haven't got a pair myself yet, but I'm very eager to try them out! I'd love to hear what you guys think :)

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #3 of 37
It's taken Korea by storm from what I've read. Even made the news there a few times IIRC.

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #5 of 37
How good are these? How do they compare to the she3580, jvc fx40, monoprice 8320? Someone on head fi needs to grab a pair and report back and theyn we can maybe get the hype train going on these.

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #6 of 37
Popular joke in Korea is that these bundled IEM's/earphones is the only area where LG Mobile has actually managed to beat Samsung Mobile in 
tongue.gif

And the rumour has it that all that publicity for LG actually bothered Samsung enough for them to pour additional funds into research in making better bundled IEM's in the near future.

Thus in the end, customers will benefit from it. Classic example of how competition is a good thing. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #9 of 37
I just got the LG Quadbeat Red version this past weekend. I've only burned in for about 10 hours and initial impressions indicate it's very very good for the $25 I paid.  The HF is the best thing about these IEM's.  Extremely clear, sparkly and non-fatiguing.  The mids are not quite as good as the highs but that's just saying they are good and not excellent.  Maybe they'll get better with more burn in.  Bass is adequate - not boomy but not super tight either and highly dependent on a good fit.  Soundstage is OK, not super wide or deep.  So far, only listened with the default double flange tips which seem to work fine so far.  Will try the others later.  Also, the cable is a user-friendly flat design and exhibits some microphonics.  As expected, since these are bundled 'phones, they are VERY easy to drive.  Other earphones owned are Blox M2C & TM7 and Westone 4.

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #11 of 37
OK, I've let the quadbeats burn in about 20 more hours and there is slight improvement in the mid and bass. However, this slight improvement in the individual areas has magnified the overall enjoyment factor. I'm thinking this can be classified as tonal balance. With the excellent highs and mediocre mid and bass out of the box, the music just didn't seem right. Now that everything is more balanced, the musicality has jumped up quite a few notches.

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #12 of 37
Quote:
OK, I've let the quadbeats burn in about 20 more hours and there is slight improvement in the mid and bass. However, this slight improvement in the individual areas has magnified the overall enjoyment factor. I'm thinking this can be classified as tonal balance. With the excellent highs and mediocre mid and bass out of the box, the music just didn't seem right. Now that everything is more balanced, the musicality has jumped up quite a few notches.

how would you rate them compared to other iems?

Apr 11, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #13 of 37
IEM's I've owned include Klipsch Custom 3 ($200+), Sennheiser CX980 ($150+), Brainwavz m4 ($50) and Westone 4 ($400).  Without doing a full blown review, I'd say I enjoy the Quadbeats more than the Senn and Brainwavz.  I can't say they are better than the Klipsch because it was so highly dependent on getting a good fit with the Klipch.  With a good fit, the Klipsch are alot better than the Quadbeats but I could only get that about 5% of the time.  Obviously, the Quadbeats can't compete with the Westone 4 (nor are they expected to) which are considered one of the top universal fit IEM's.  So at $25, the quadbeats are a lot better than some costing 4x as much.

Now if I can expand to earbuds, I own and enjoy the Blox M2C which are around $40.  IMO the M2C are better than the Quadbeats which explains why they are always sold out and usually so after a day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back